World Cup: 2018 WC Qualifiers Part II

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Intercontinental Playoffs
Honduras vs. Australia
New Zealand vs. Peru

UEFA Playoff Seeds
The October FIFA rankings are known, however FIFA waits until next Monday to officially release them. Draw is on October 17
SEEDED: Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, Denmark
UNSEEDED: Northern Ireland, Sweden, Republic of Ireland, Greece

Also, Pot 1 for the World Cup draw is known
- Russia, Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Poland, France

Other teams also already know their pot
Pot 2: Spain, England, Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay
Pot 3: Egypt
Pot 4: Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Morocco/Ivory Coast (same qualifying group), Panama

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
American fans now crying CONSPIRACY!!!

CONCACAF officiating is complete garbage, including PRO, USSF's goto outfit. I mean just look at Gonzalez getting off with a yellow card after an obvious DOGSO foul at the 90'+1' mark. The ref has to make that a red. it wasn't even close. But that's CONCACAF in a nutshell. inexplicable calls in almost every game.

USMNT didn't deserve to go anyways. But wow, does that goal call make CONCACAF a complete embarrassment. Worse than the Geiger calls in the 2015 Gold Cup.

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
My guesses on pots based on predictions of remaining spots.

Russia
Brazil
Germany
Portugal
Argentina
Belgium
Poland
France

Switzerland
Italy
Spain
Peru
Mexico
England
Uruguay
Colombia

Croatia
Costa Rica
Iceland
Sweden
Iran
Serbia
Egypt
Tunisia

Senegal
Japan
South Korea
Nigeria
Australia
Saudi Arabia
Morocco
Panama

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Intercontinental Playoffs
Honduras vs. Australia
New Zealand vs. Peru

UEFA Playoff Seeds
The October FIFA rankings are known, however FIFA waits until next Monday to officially release them. Draw is on October 17
SEEDED: Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, Denmark
UNSEEDED: Northern Ireland, Sweden, Republic of Ireland, Greece

Also, Pot 1 for the World Cup draw is known
- Russia, Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Poland, France

Other teams also already know their pot
Pot 2: Spain, England, Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay
Pot 3: Egypt
Pot 4: Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Morocco/Ivory Coast (same qualifying group), Panama

How goes Egypt go ahead of Morocco/Ivory Coast? I thought all the African teams got lumped into one pot? And how did Poland get to top seed status out of nowhere? I don't recall them winning EURO 2016 or anything like that.

It'd be kind of juicy to see Denmark-Sweden and Italy-Ireland as two of the Euro playoff matchups. I hope Switzerland makes it, it'd be a shame for them to miss after they started 9-0.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
as a (salty) fan.... happy to see Netherlands, Chile and USA out...
Concacaf is always tricky, fun and dramatic every 4 years despite the lack of "strong" teams.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Messi and 10 cheerleaders. What a performance. I'll enjoy it for tonight but half this "team" needs to be scrapped if they won't a slight chance against Germany.

If that'd been Ronaldo it'd be some sort of monumental HFBoards achievement. Speaking of which, shitty Paulinho scored, again.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If that'd been Ronaldo it'd be some sort of monumental HFBoards achievement.

Yeah, I remember when he beat Sweden and it actually was. Bear in mind Sweden haven't been to the World Cup in 11 years now. Also Ecuador were just there and have a major altitude advantage at home. Lastly nobody except Messi has scored for his side since November. It's really a miracle that they're going to be there at all and I'm pretty sure if you did similar with any other national team that they wouldn't be there.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If that'd been Ronaldo it'd be some sort of monumental HFBoards achievement. Speaking of which, ****ty Paulinho scored, again.
Totally expect a change of rules to make sure Messi gets the Ballon d'or for scoring big goals against a crappy team like Ronaldo against Sweden.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Really wanted to see Chile fans back in Russia, they were great !

Also, truly disappointed the USA didn’t make it. Now literally nobody will give a crap about the World Cup in the states

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I honestly think this Argentina team gonna be a pain in the ass in the WC. Sampaoli just needs time to figure out how to play all his stars together.

Jul 26, 2007
Vermont
Really wanted to see Chile fans back in Russia, they were great !

Also, truly disappointed the USA didn’t make it. Now literally nobody will give a crap about the World Cup in the states
Hey I’m in the States and I care! Though I am English and probably won’t care for long -_-

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Argentina has more than enough talent to challenge for the WC and also the best player of all time. The problem is they need a coach that can actually get the best out of the team and not just rely on Messi to do it all.

Really happy for him. Messi is sublime.

Also ecstatic that the US failed to qualify.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Terrible way for the US to go out though with that ? goal call. Ref's decision is final so looks like it won't be reversed.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
loya96fhk7rz.jpg

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The sooner the American football system puts money into their own coaches, the better.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
How goes Egypt go ahead of Morocco/Ivory Coast? I thought all the African teams got lumped into one pot? And how did Poland get to top seed status out of nowhere? I don't recall them winning EURO 2016 or anything like that.

It's all based on Fifa Rankings which are flawed. If you avoid playing friendlies and do well in meaningful games you can boost your rankings (i.e. Poland & Switzerland).

Although Poland has dramatically improved since the last World Cup. They have beaten and tied Germany in meaningful competition since then and took Portugal to Penalties at Euro 2016 and have beaten up on lesser teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad