OT: 2018 Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
The handball call was definitely iffy, but it does look like Davies, umm, maneuvered his hand ever so slightly as to ensure a favourable bounce. I can see why it went in favour of the Crew. Not that I agree with the call, but it's nowhere near the level of ineptitude of Waston's red card. Then again, I'm probably in a more charitable mood since the Caps won in the end. Absolutely love Kamara telling everyone to check the effen' replay after his beauty header.

Can't help but wonder what the Caps already impressive record might look like if not for that brutal call against Waston.

As for Zlatan... hasn't he scored in his debut with every pro team he's been with? Or something like that?

Very impressive... almost as impressive as Pouliot's NHL record for GWGs ;)

According to the BBC, he had previously scored on his debuts for Manchester United, Paris St-Germain, Malmo, Barcelona, Inter Milan and Juventus.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
I think Vancouver is going to have a season similar to what tor9nto had last year. They look pretty good.

I hope so, but doubt that they will have a season like that. I would be happy with a top-4 finish, preferably 1st or 2nd with 55 or so points. I like the makeup of the team much better this season. Davis is maturing into a great player and the addition of Kamara has really helped up front. Montero was unable to create anything on his own and needed constant support. Kamara has far more drive and is really showing us why he was brought in. I like the start. Hopefully they can translate this into a good playoff run.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
So I found out Zlatan is only being paid 1.5 million? We need to get in on these deals...Montero almost made the same last year.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
So I found out Zlatan is only being paid 1.5 million? We need to get in on these deals...Montero almost made the same last year.

I'm betting he's also making a ton in endorsements and shirt sales that's outside his usual contract (also, no one like that would want to sign to play on artificial turf). LA is going to make a killing on shirt sales alone on his name.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Watched last nights game on PVR. Turned it off in the 80th min and bet RSL would add another one. Turns out it was a 2-1 loss.

Same old shit with Robbo. Undermatched and lacking creativity...This team can maybe sneak into the post-season but this team doesnt have the horses to make any type of run.

Pretty much only watching to see the progress of Davis.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Robbo's system has given us some good wins, but I'm growing sick and tired of it. Need to change it up. Especially at home.

Bad, bad, bad.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
We need to plat 4-4-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 so he still gets his CDM. Juarez is awful IMO.

Marinovic

Nerwinski-Waston-Aja-De Jong

. Felipe .

Techera . Davies

. Reyna .

Kamara Designated star player

Our Strikers can do **** all while being the lone striker and I dont blame them. No support whatsoever.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Caps are awful tonight. Have conceded 3 times in the first 30 minutes. Tells you a lot of the quality of the CBs they have when de Jong is one of the three you're playing in the back. Juarez and de Jong look awful, Ghazal and Felipe are complete non-players as they're keeping the balls out wide and just going right by them.

SKC look pretty good, but the Caps are just awful.

Feb 20, 2013
How is the obvious dive that started it all not reviewed? How does Russell not get a red for instigating the melee?

If you are willing to give a player (Juarez) a red just for shoving another player, how-come only 3 players out of 6 that shoved players on the opposite team get cards?
Why does the guy who shoves the most other guys (Russell) only get a yellow?

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
If you are willing to give a player (Juarez) a red just for shoving another player, how-come only 3 players out of 6 that shoved players on the opposite team get cards?
Why does the guy who shoves the most other guys (Russell) only get a yellow?
He shoved Russell in the face. Absolutely a red card in soccer.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This team and franchise is headed south in a hurry.

Said it in the off-season but spending no money will yield no results.

Feb 20, 2013
He shoved Russell in the face. Absolutely a red card in soccer.

True, except, from the replay it looks like he is trying to shove the guy in the chest, but gets pushed back by the other KC player, his arm deflects off the KC guys forearm and hits Russell in the face.

The point is that it would be reasonable to give a red card there without a video referee since it is so subtle and hard to pick up, but that given video referral, we should be able to come to a proper evaluation of what has occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad