Blue Jays GDT: 2018 v2| Next: Fri May 18 | vs Oak| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Anderson vs Estrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Because one team gets 81 games to do so in that park and other teams get (I think) 18 games at most there.

EDIT: also secondarily that it looks awful for MLB to have this idea that there are rules that all teams should have to abide by, but the Yankees get a pass for a fairly trivial reason.

I guess if you are concerned with HR stats then yes it is an issue

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I guess if you are concerned with HR stats then yes it is an issue
No, it's a concern that the Yankees get a rather blatant advantage at home that other teams aren't allowed to have. You can sit there and say "both teams get to hit in the same arena so it's okay" all you want; you don't think that the Yankees get a bunch of undeserved wins off of HR's to the short porch every season? Why do you think the Yankees have a lineup of mainly left-swing batters that pull to that short porch in right? They KNOW they have a cheap advantage there.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
No, it's a concern that the Yankees get a rather blatant advantage at home that other teams aren't allowed to have. You can sit there and say "both teams get to hit in the same arena so it's okay" all you want; you don't think that the Yankees get a bunch of undeserved wins off of HR's to the short porch every season? Why do you think the Yankees have a lineup of mainly left-swing batters that pull to that short porch in right? They KNOW they have a cheap advantage there.

They have 2 lefties and 2 switch hitters. Compare that with the Jays and there 1 lefty and 3 switch hitters.
The opportunity for cheap hrs is there for both teams playing in the game

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yay, Cliff Floyd back on Blue Jays Central.

He's going to be one of the guys that comes to a Vancouver Canadians game this season as part of their "Superstar Series" of autograph sessions, along with Mookie Wilson, Justin Morneau, and... J.P. ARENCIBIA!!!! :scared:

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
In Feb, I thought Travis had to be a key offensive contributor if the Jays were gong to contend. I still do. Thankfully others have picked him up, but it’s time for him to string some good at bats together.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Hopefully Kelly’s appeal gets processed soon and his suspension starts before he leaves town. The Jays don’t need to face him if they’re behind...yikes.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Why do they throw curve balls in the strike zone when they have 99 mph cheese?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad