Blue Jays GDT: 2018 v2| Next: Fri May 18 | vs Oak| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Anderson vs Estrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
"The Yankees saw something in Gregorius when he was with the Diamondbacks and thought he could be a good player."

Yeah, Pat. It's called "he was a highly touted prospect and considered a good future starter when he was with Arizona." He's off to a stupid-crazy-good start so far in a small sample, but so is Luke Maile. Every year prior with the Yankees, he's been what he should've been expected to be: A good defensive shortstop with a league-average-ish bat (that suddenly produces a crazy # of HRs). Let's not go nuts and pretend that New York are geniuses for finding some scrub nobody SS in some team's system and turning him into a mega-star.

I remember hoping the Jays would get Gregorius. I think I had him on my fantasy team for a few months (Colorado Tulo was injured - shocker) when he was a rookie and he was good.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Offense is pretty damn amazing right now and that's despite Donaldson (injury), Smoak, and Travis not having the best of starts.

Last year it was basically Donaldson, Smoak, one hot month from Pillar/Travis and not much else. Much different feeling this year with a balanced lineup and better depth in the upper minors to cover for injuries and poor performance.

Reactions: rubous

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I just looked up Stanton's numbers. I had heard about Yankee fans getting on him already and I was curious about why. I was thinking: "Man, if the Jays had of went out and got Stanton I would be celebrating into May, regardless of how he played."

I was kind of surprised to see that, other than his out-of-the-world performance last season, he hasn't exactly been a dominant player. He's been very good and, to be fair, had some injury seasons, but I guess I expected something else.

I have no doubt he will be good, but the Yankees may not have a superstar player with him.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Wow, what an April so far. We have not seen this kind of start in a long time. Almost 10 years. Although, that 2009 season went in the crapper really quickly.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Wonder how long they keep Morales around
Sunny day, beer is cold, Leafs tonight (although I'm not expecting much)...... a good day to drink beer I think is my point :)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Great, groove one to Judge 3-0. It's almost impossible to keep these guys in the park if they connect at all. If they don't pull it, they can just flick it over the fence in right. f*** me.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Worst inning this team has played

Maille cant catch a f***ing ball
Stroman has allowed 8 straight runners
Gibbons is a moron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad