Blue Jays GDT: 2018 v2| Next: Fri May 18 | vs Oak| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Anderson vs Estrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I can give Maile a pass. He's literally won us games. Rough inning for sure though.

I dislike Gibbon's decision to send Stroman back out. He had a decent game for once. Yank him and let him build on it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If you haven’t listened to a game on the radio, Ben Wagner and Kevin Brown are doing a great job.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Lol, Yankee Stadium HR.

Remember, kids: All MLB parks have to meet certain minimum dimensions in field size if they're being built after the rules were codified. Unless you're the Yankees. Then you can have LF and RF walls that are under the 320 ft minimum even without some sort of mitigating circumstance or counteracting concession like other teams.

Being MLB's golden child franchise means the rules don't have to apply to you if you don't want them to.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Sigh, looks like it's gonna be a headache-inducing day watching Severino dominate.

*hopefully a jinx post*

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Hurried has had some pretty good swings against Severino. He hit that out to LF better than the yankee homer to RF

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
If the jays are serious about winning then I have no idea how Teoscar does not stay on this team when Donaldson gets back.

Easiest thing to do is DFA Morales, platoon Granderson and Pearce at DH.

Likeliest scenario is Gurriel gets sent down. Not ideal but you have Diaz and Solarte as SS options and those 2 guys plus Travis at 2B.

Donaldson has played SS before. Martin has played 2B/SS/3B. And Pearce has played 2B before. Not ideal but helps you keep the best players on your roster to give you a best shot at winning.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Why did they bring in Chapman with a 5-1 lead?
I don’t think he’s pitched much this week but don’t they play tomorrow?

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Lol, Yankee Stadium HR.

Remember, kids: All MLB parks have to meet certain minimum dimensions in field size if they're being built after the rules were codified. Unless you're the Yankees. Then you can have LF and RF walls that are under the 320 ft minimum even without some sort of mitigating circumstance or counteracting concession like other teams.

Being MLB's golden child franchise means the rules don't have to apply to you if you don't want them to.

But what does it matter? Both teams are hitting balls into the same field

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
But what does it matter? Both teams are hitting balls into the same field

Because one team gets 81 games to do so in that park and other teams get (I think) 18 games at most there.

EDIT: also secondarily that it looks awful for MLB to have this idea that there are rules that all teams should have to abide by, but the Yankees get a pass for a fairly trivial reason.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Because one team gets 81 games to do so in that park and other teams get (I think) 18 games at most there.

EDIT: also secondarily that it looks awful for MLB to have this idea that there are rules that all teams should have to abide by, but the Yankees get a pass for a fairly trivial reason.

Dont they only play 9 or 10 depending on the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad