Blue Jays GDT: 2018 v1| Next: Sun, Apr 8 | @Tex | 3pm ET/12pm PT | Garcia vs Hamels

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
So what's the best plan for Jays, sell and build for the Guerrero prime while keeping the young pitchers, or try to contend this year?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Uhh, the Yankees pitcher is Severino...

800px-Alfonso_Soriano-Yankees-11092013.jpg

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
So what's the best plan for Jays, sell and build for the Guerrero prime while keeping the young pitchers, or try to contend this year?

I take it you haven't been paying attention?

They spent the winter making moves to try and contend. The plan has been executed. Now it's time to play the games and see if it works out.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Is it just me, or does the Yankees starting rotation look like it's a couple of matches away from a complete tire fire? They have an out-of-the-world bullpen, but it feels like that rotation could turn into a disaster.

Severino is legit. Any question marks with his health would be the same as any elite starter. After him is when it gets interesting:

Tanaka's UCL is hanging by a thread
Sonny Gray is a year removed from being flat out poor. Also a bit of a health risk.
Montgomery is like any LH starter with underwhelming stuff in the AL
CC is 37 and is not a pinnacle of health

Yep, its got questions. So does the Red Sox rotation. Keep that to yourself though, those two team's are on autopilot to finish 1-2 in the division.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Severino is legit. Any question marks with his health would be the same as any elite starter. After him is when it gets interesting:

Tanaka's UCL is hanging by a thread
Sonny Gray is a year removed from being flat out poor. Also a bit of a health risk.
Montgomery is like any LH starter with underwhelming stuff in the AL
CC is 37 and is not a pinnacle of health

Yep, its got questions. So does the Red Sox rotation. Keep that to yourself though, those two team's are on autopilot to finish 1-2 in the division.

I look at the bottom third of the Yankees lineup and wonder. But the top part is so good, they're going to score a lot regardless. I don't know what to think of Boston. There are days I think they are underrated and might just run away and win this thing. And there are days I think they are the most overrated team in the league.

Yankees have a lot riding on Sonny Gray, who spent his entire career pitching in the pitcher's paradise in Oakland.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Is it just me, or does the Yankees starting rotation look like it's a couple of matches away from a complete tire fire? They have an out-of-the-world bullpen, but it feels like that rotation could turn into a disaster.
No it's not just you. Tanaka has health concerns, Montgomery is mediocre, CC is old as dirt and Sonny Gray needs to rebound in a huge way

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Damn that is not even close to a full house.

If people are working with this weather and our transit system i bet there are tonnes of people lining up to get in. When i went to a 4pm playoff game in 2016 it took close to 45 minutes to wait in line, get through security and seated. I missed the 1st 2 innings... i would wait until the 3rd inning to judge the size of the crowd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->