Post-Game Talk: 2018 Trade Deadline - How Happy Are You?

Disappointed with our trade deadline bc of assets/opportunity cost spent?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
the 2nd to MTL for Plekanec and an estimation of our UFAs cost to trade for comes to around 2 1sts & 2nd, give or take a bit. Are you disappointed we spent that much trade ammo on this year? I personally am, think we should've stayed on the Shanaplan rebuild & accept all good things that happen course for this year, while developing the kids. Then we could've bought a huge asset like a Doughty with let's say our 2018 & 2019 1sts and the 2 1sts from the trades, and be looked at as the de facto #1 contender going into the next season while keeping all of Liljegren/Dermott/Kappy. Kinda mad at this, but hey the Leafs mgmt chose this course so I'll I can do now is cheer on the team.

Maybe I would've been fine with spending this much on an impact RD, but I don't like spending it on non gamechanger forwards.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I'm pissed every team around us got better and we didnt improve our D.
but good to continue to draft so I'll live with it, but I was really expecting a guy like Mike Green coming to the leafs for the cup run.

I dont understand how some people think the Leafs should move JVR, Bozak or Komarov. Leafs have been amazing and a contender why would we dump? do some of you even watch hockey at all? Leafs Time Is NOW with the 3 kids under entry level deal. chances are once they are signed to their big contracts we wont have a team this stacked.
Really wish we traded our 1st + SJS 2nd + prospects or whatever it takes to get a top 4 Dman and doesnt involve giving up the big 3

Reactions: iSophagus

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Leafs kept both to remain competitive. Facing TBay or Boston without three scoring lines will result in a guaranteed blowout.

Reactions: colchar

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Only 14 trades so far.

Doesn't sound like anymore are coming in either.

Laughable.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Not much to say. We'll see what Lamoriello has to say but he likely won't say anything as usual.

Time for some playoff hockey!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
The road to an improved blueline is a long one. Maybe in a year or two they'll be able to make some moves to improve it.

A disappointing outing by the Leafs front office. If you are going to free up contract spots, add a fourth line center, then improve the darn blueline. Again Yzerman just makes every other GM look pathetic by comparison.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
In the end, the Rags didn't get any prospect as good as Lilly, Kappy, or Dermott back for McDonagh. And they downgraded from Miller to Namestnikov, too.

Ach.

This was a missed opportunity. We should have beat that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad