2018 THN Future Watch

LaFontaine83

Sep 28, 2014
I've not logged in or posted here in a long long time.

Maybe I'll start posting more. I feel like I could bring a great deal to this seemingly great community.

I was searching this issue... and I found out it is coming soon thanks to this thread.

I called my local magazine place. Not stocked yet.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
Who cares who is on the cover? Maybe people should be asking themselves why they even care? Put a pretty girl on the cover. Maybe then no one would complain sheesh!

I only care whether the content inside is good or not.

Reactions: Kelly and Cotton

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Who cares who is on the cover? Maybe people should be asking themselves why they even care? Put a pretty girl on the cover. Maybe then no one would complain sheesh!

I only care whether the content inside is good or not.
That headline in the cover means one of the main stories in the issue will be about the imminent Leaf cup dynasty. Honestly the whole magazine is geared around marketing objectives, not providing quality information.

Last edited:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Has THN told HF to specifically not link to their stuff? I didn’t know their content was that bad.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything bad against the Jets or that they were on it - nor am I saying anything bad about Toronto being on this cover. I'm not a fan of either team, nor do I dislike them. My comment was more about the love for the Jets then and how there will be lots of hate for the Leafs called 2019 to be Winnipeg's year, and going on what they've done this year, they stand a chance to be correct.
Toronto isn't far off, they're a couple pieces away I think. Then again, Pittsburgh has shown you don't need a star defense to win....

Yah all you need is 2 of the best 3 centers in the game...does Toronto have that?

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I live in Ontario and I'm not a Leafs fan. You can't turn on a sports TV or radio station without hearing the name Matthews.
You mean when you turn on a Toronto sports radio station you actually have to hear Toronto sports news?
:eek:
I bet you’re the type that goes to the Keg and then complains there’s not enough vegan options available on the menu

Reactions: Cotton

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Ranking anyone 21-and-under as a prospect is a stupid criteria. David Pastrnak has played almost 4 full years in the NHL, he's not a prospect.

If I pick up a magazine called 'Future Watch' I want to know about guys who aren't NHL regulars.

Reactions: Tripod

delaney8

Jul 26, 2009
Depends on what they are mean when they say future watch. If they are talking about the future of the organization then they should include players under 21 (arguably anyone under 25 for that matter). That's a much better gauge of the team's ability to complete over the next several years than the guys that haven't played at all.

Reactions: Al4tdsBundy

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Ranking anyone 21-and-under as a prospect is a stupid criteria. David Pastrnak has played almost 4 full years in the NHL, he's not a prospect.

If I pick up a magazine called 'Future Watch' I want to know about guys who aren't NHL regulars.

Bulk of the magazine will be about non-NHLers; Namely the top 100 which many of us will put entirely too much stock into. The 21 and under NHLers just contribute to the overall team grade by their criteria. There's always some confusion every year when this ranking comes out when a team with fewer prospects in the top 50/100 gets a higher grade than a team with more prospects in the ranking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->