WC: 2018 - Team Switzerland

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
sweden have won all games so far and we did beat you in the group. we have the better team on paper. but i think you guys are more hungry and have been better playing-wise. 3-2 win for suisse in the gold match.

True. It's like 2013 with Sweden and Switzerland interchanging there roles.... let's hope this pattern will continue tomorrow night.

Im totally spent andstill speechless.

Never ever would I have thought, that Genoni could possibly reach that kind of level. Calm, super smart and making all the big saves, shades of Martin Gerber.:bow:
I just wonder why he even bothers playing with a stick... as he throws it away anyway all the time to make the big save. Would be an excellent floorball keeper as well.:D

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Watching the Czech game in the group stage Genoni looked awful. Good on him for finding that extra gear now that it matters, hopefully it carries on to the final.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I knew and more so hoped we didint drop by a fluke, now its not bad at all anymore

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Watching the Czech game in the group stage Genoni looked awful. Good on him for finding that extra gear now that it matters, hopefully it carries on to the final.

Awful is a hard word and probably not true. From all the goals Genoni conceded in the group stage probably only one was really on him (0-2 vs. Sweden). The rest was bad defence or an unlucky bounce. He was really good in the third periods vs. the Czechs. Genoni is a great goalie and people forget fast. He was one of the best goalies of the tournament last year with somehow 95%. He had a shutout vs. Canada (coming in for Hiller after 7 minutes). And he had great games before. But of course this is another story.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
True. It's like 2013 with Sweden and Switzerland interchanging there roles.... let's hope this pattern will continue tomorrow night.

Im totally spent andstill speechless.

Never ever would I have thought, that Genoni could possibly reach that kind of level. Calm, super smart and making all the big saves, shades of Martin Gerber.:bow:
I just wonder why he even bothers playing with a stick... as he throws it away anyway all the time to make the big save. Would be an excellent floorball keeper as well.:D

Gerber was incredible.

Once i was watching Ottawa play with Gerber in net. He was blanking the adverse team. I was hoping that the adverse team shoots more on the goal so as to make the number unreal. So much i had confidence in Gerber; or rather so much he was irradiating confidence in his game.

I guess no team wanted ever to face a Gerber "ON".

:bow: :bow: :bow: Martin Gerber

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Gerber was incredible.

Once i was watching Ottawa play with Gerber in net. He was blanking the adverse team. I was hoping that the adverse team shoots more on the goal so as to make the number unreal. So much i had confidence in Gerber; or rather so much he was irradiating confidence in his game.

I guess no team wanted ever to face a Gerber "ON".

:bow: :bow: :bow: Martin Gerber

:D

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Imagine if Bartschi, Hischier and Malgin are here...
Would be nice ... but that would also mean that Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, ... are here !!! i don't know ... honestly !
The proposal is great , but imagining the other teams makes it scary. And suddenly not so interesting.
I like how our NLA guys stepped up !! Corvy, Sherwey, Shappi, Genoni, ... i liked it.
Proud of our local guys.
And hopefuly no team will come and try to get a grip on Sherwey ... he is at the SCB , happy and for some more years i hope.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Also known as the Reverse Finn :D

Any chance for NHL? He's 30 already, but will be an UFA after the next season (18-19) in Bern. Never been drafted in NHL.

Last edited:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Also known as the Reverse Finn :D

Any chance for NHL? He's 30 already, but will be an UFA after the next season (18-19) in Bern. Never been drafted in NHL.

He has kids, I doubt he'd go. And he's quite small (180 cm) also.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Hope they can add a gold medal on Sunday. It would be historic.

The last medal before 2013 was actually 1953 in a tournament where only 4 teams participated and one team (the Czechs) didn't finish it because there president died during the tournament and they went home. :)

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
The last medal before 2013 was actually 1953 in a tournament where only 4 teams participated and one team (the Czechs) didn't finish it because there president died during the tournament and they went home. :)

Wow. Did not realize that it had been that long between medals. Well they are guaranteed one tomorrow.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
How has Mirco Mueller looked? His stat line is pretty sweet.

What pair is he playing on?

He started the tournament playing with Diaz, after the match against Sweden he paired with Fora. He has been absolutely perfect pretty much all the time.

Last edited:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
How has Mirco Mueller looked? His stat line is pretty sweet.

What pair is he playing on?

He was on the third pairing in the quarter and semi together with Fora, but in both games he was third in icetime (after Diaz&Josi). Overall it was a great performance, I didn't see many mistakes in those 9 games. Very smart with the puck in the own zone, does pretty much always the right thing (a good first pass or just clearing the puck). He played with a lot of confidence.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
How big is this final in switzerland? Will tv broadcast it? Do newspapers give it a lot of coverage? How many people in switzerland will watch this game if you could guess?

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
The Swiss have been slowly but surely climbing the world hockey ranks for years now , and soon in the future they and countries like Denmark and Latvia will be turning out NHL players like Sweden and Finns , Never figured out why the Norweigans hit those heights

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->