WC: 2018 - Team Denmark

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Jesper Jensen in 4th line instead of Julian and Jannik gets the 3rd center spot?

Julian getting benched?

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Jesper Jensen in 4th line instead of Julian and Jannik gets the 3rd center spot?

Julian getting benched?

No, I don't think that this is the best use of the resources. I would expect the following lines maybe as early as Wednesday against Finland:

Oliver Bjorkstrand - Peter Regin - Nicklas Jensen
Mikkel Boedker- Frans Nielsen - Mads Christensen
Nicklas Hardt - Jesper Jensen - Frederik Storm
Patrick Russell - Julian Jakobsen - Jannik Hansen
Morten Madsen

That will give us 3 scoring lines and an excellent shutdown line. Of course having the Honey Badger on the fourth line may seem a little strange, but he is also great on the PK, and can save energy for that duty then. I like Mads C. on the Frans Nielsen line because he is put to much better use on a scoring line than on a shutdown line.

But maybe Janne Karlsson want to shuffle the lines if the first line doesn't seem to click in the Canada game, who knows?

We don't need to bench anybody since we can dress 13 forwards and with the injury to Bau there will be exactly 13 forwards on the roster.

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
No, I don't think that this is the best use of the resources. I would expect the following lines maybe as early as Wednesday against Finland:

Oliver Bjorkstrand - Peter Regin - Nicklas Jensen
Mikkel Boedker- Frans Nielsen - Mads Christensen
Nicklas Hardt - Jesper Jensen - Frederik Storm
Patrick Russell - Julian Jakobsen - Jannik Hansen
Morten Madsen

That will give us 3 scoring lines and an excellent shutdown line. Of course having the Honey Badger on the fourth line may seem a little strange, but he is also great on the PK, and can save energy for that duty then. I like Mads C. on the Frans Nielsen line because he is put to much better use on a scoring line than on a shutdown line.

But maybe Janne Karlsson want to shuffle the lines if the first line doesn't seem to click in the Canada game, who knows?

We don't need to bench anybody since we can dress 13 forwards and with the injury to Bau there will be exactly 13 forwards on the roster.
I like your lines, though I would substitute Julian J with Morten Madsen. The latter has been playing well - especially on defence.

Last edited:

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
no way hansen is playing 4th line! safe bet is bødker- nielsen - hansen on the 2nd. that's the only logical move.

hardt - zlatan - storm played together a lot. makes sense to reunite them

Reactions: Hulide

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
We need something offensive from Bødker that for sure. 1 goal in 5v5 play in 3 games so far. Yikes.

Reactions: Bank

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I know Hansen is good on PK and excellent on a shutdown line but this is a player who should not be playing thst role on this kind of team. He is way too good offensively for that.

Hopefully bødker can open things up a bit

Last edited:
Reactions: QuietContrarian

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
My shot at it:
Bødker-Regin-Bjørkstrand
Nicklas Jensen-Frans-Jannik
Hardt-Zlatan-Storm
Mads C-Julian-Madsen/Russell

An observation: Karlsson doesn't start Zlatan in our own end a lot. One faceoff in the D-zone in ten periods of hockey.

Perhaps it would change with Hardt and Storm by his side. But if not it creates a problem with my lines. Those deployments takes up a lot of O-zone starts and in effect moves our best offensive weapons back on the ice.

Edit: I think in the Germany-game Frans started twice as many times in the D-zone than the O-zone as a (in)direct consequence of the Zlatan-thing. Just a thought for when you put our best snipers on his line ;)

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
I like your lines, though I would substitute Julian J with Morten Madsen. The latter has been playing well - especially on defence.

Morten Madsen doesn't have the quality of a Julian Jakobsen at the faceoff circle. I'd rather he could play defenseman, and replace Stefan Lassen. :naughty:

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
What!? Why...stefan lassen has been good

Okay, has he improved then? Must admit I haven't seen him playing yet at the WHC. Judging by the performances in Rungsted and Rødovre vs. SWE, where he was an element of uncertainty.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
long time ago mads c brought anything to the table. why he is playing over meyer is a mystery.

He played pretty solid in the playoffs though. But you have point, Meyer left a good impression in the exhibition games, and should be on the team at least as 13th or 14th guy.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Possibly the best Denmark team on WHC of all time? Which top players for Denmark are missing, now with additions of Hansen and Boedker?

//Ah, Ehlers and Eller.

Last edited:

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Possibly the best Denmark team on WHC of all time? Which top players for Denmark are missing, now with additions of Hansen and Boedker?

//Ah, Ehlers and Eller.

You can also add Markus Lauridsen (D), younger brother to Oliver.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
zlatan was brutal against canada. the same goes for madsen and jakobsen.

it just decrease our already very tiny chance of winning when they have to play that kind of minutes, they did against canada.

With Andersen it's a 4-1 game - then add Hansen, Bødker (and hopefully Ehlers) and a few lucky bounces, and we stand a chance.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Morten Green suggested the following in the TV2 Podcast:

Bødker-Regin-Russell
Hardt-Frans-Storm

He mentioned getting Regin away from the boards and put more muscle around him to get more out of his playmaking.

He didn't put together a full line-up, but named Zlatan as a candidate for the odd one out if Mads C. rejoined the lineup. Morten Madsen and Julian Jakobsen was also mentioned.

Lasse Degn(I think) talked about starting Jannik in a 3rd/4th line role to get his wheels rolling before relying on him for top 6.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Morten Green suggested the following in the TV2 Podcast:

Bødker-Regin-Russell
Hardt-Frans-Storm

He mentioned getting Regin away from the boards and put more muscle around him to get more out of his playmaking.

He didn't put together a full line-up, but named Zlatan as a candidate for the odd one out if Mads C. rejoined the lineup. Morten Madsen and Julian Jakobsen was also mentioned.

Lasse Degn(I think) talked about starting Jannik in a 3rd/4th line role to get his wheels rolling before relying on him for top 6.

Both seem like reasonable suggestions..tv2s podcast has been super cool to listen to during this wc

Been thinking a bit

Think this could be interesting

1. Bødker- Regin - Russell
2. Bjørkstrand - Frans Nielsen - N. Jensen
3. M. Christensen - Jensen - Storm
4. Hardt - Jakobsen/Madsen - Hansen( BOOOOOM Line)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bank

b0rn2beWild

Dec 8, 2011
The line-up there looks pretty good... Any news if Sharks duo, Hansen&Bodker will play tomorrow against Finland?

ElQuapo

May 11, 2010
What happens if Winnipeg is sent out tomorrow? Is there still room for Ehlers on the roster?

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Yes, there is 1 spot still open.

The Matias Lassen-spot. Would be absolutely sweet, if Nikolaj Ehlers could join the team. :popcorn:

But that WPG-NSH series makes it really tough for me to root for the one or other team. On the one hand side you have guys like Laine, Ehlers etc. , and on the other side you have Forsberg, Arvidsson, Fiala, Josi and Saros. Whom are you supposed to root for?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad