WC: 2018 - Team Denmark

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Holy c.....very unexpected...really a huge move from him to take the chance without a contract....

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
I could imagine a lineup looking like this:

Oliver Bjorkstrand - Peter Regin - Nicklas Jensen
Philip Larsen - Stefan Lassen

Nicklas Hardt - Frans Nielsen - Frederik Storm
Oliver Lauridsen - Jesper Jensen Aabo

Mathias Bau Hansen - Jesper Jensen - Mads Christensen
Emil Kristensen - Daniel Nielsen

Patrick Bjorkstrand - Julian Jakobsen - Patrick Russell
Nicholas B. Jensen

Frederik Andersen
Sebastian Dahm

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
This is what my roster would look like now.
With Oliver Bjørkstrand the first line gets the quick & dynamic winger who can score it was missing. Bjørkstrand is a great passer, and possesses a great snap/wrist shot. I'd hope that he develops chemistry with Nielsen and Russell, who are fast skaters as well.
And there is more reinforcements on the doorstep for this team. It won't be easy for Karlsson to not dress 3 players, but I'd expect him to at least begin the tournaments with just 13 forwards and 7 d'men.

Oliver BjørkstrandFrans Nielsen Patrick Russell
Mads ChristensenPeter Regin Nicklas Jensen
Nichlas HardtJesper 'Zlatan' JensenFrederik Storm
Mathias Bau HansenJulian JakobsenPatrick Bjørkstrand
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Morten Madsen (-) Morten Poulsen (-)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Stefan Lassen Philip Larsen
Oliver Lauridsen Jesper Jensen Aabo
Nicholas B. JensenDaniel Nielsen
Emil KristensenMathias Lassen (-)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Frederik Andersen
Sebastian Dahm
George Sørensen
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
I could imagine a lineup looking like this:

Philip Larsen - Stefan Lassen

Oliver Lauridsen - Jesper Jensen Aabo

Mathias Bau Hansen - Jesper Jensen - Mads Christensen
Emil Kristensen - Daniel Nielsen

Patrick Bjorkstrand - Julian Jakobsen - Patrick Russell
Nicholas B. Jensen

Frederik Andersen
Sebastian Dahm

Okay, you've predicted both top lines correctly - tillykke! :thumbu:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Wow, this is really harsh. I agree that the defense is seemingly the weakest point on the Danish team but to claim that Oliver Joakim Larsen and Oliver Gatz Nielsen would be able to replace most of the D-men on this team is just plain wrong. Oliver Gatz has been injured the whole resent season, and is supposedly still not ready to play, and Oliver Larsen has participated in some preparation games for the national team and has been found not good enough yet. I do agree however, that all 3 players could be future national team players if their development goes as planned.

Maybe you misunderstood me or maybe I didnt write it correctly.

What I meant was, that I expect our young D-men to be better than our current roster. Not now, but in a couple of years.

The youngsters includes Matthias Lassen btw. If it wasnt for his injury in his draft year, he would have been taken imo.

KendoYanar

May 6, 2011
Do you think Andersen will play all the games, or will they rest him? Denmark starts the tournament with two important games in two days; will Andersen start both of them? If Denmark want to continue to QF's the need some points from the first two games I think. Maybe a win from Germany.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Do you think Andersen will play all the games, or will they rest him? Denmark starts the tournament with two important games in two days; will Andersen start both of them? If Denmark want to continue to QF's the need some points from the first two games I think. Maybe a win from Germany.

Denmark usually do splits, and might rest Andy in games against Korea/Norway

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Why would they save the best goalie for games we have to win? Surely Andersen will rest against Canada and maybe USA or Finland.
Because those teams shouldn't require an NHL caliber goalie to win. I dont think we interested in getting run over by a powerhouse team on homeice, and for that Andersen is the best.

but, it all comes down to what position wr put ourselves in.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Because those teams shouldn't require an NHL caliber goalie to win. I dont think we interested in getting run over by a powerhouse team on homeice, and for that Andersen is the best.

Being over run does not matter. Getting to the quarter final is all that matters.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
And snatching some points against the powerhouses would help with that goal, Denmark has beaten Finland and the US before.
Exactly my point..

btw Thai, not getting overrun is an important step in that, goal dif, confidence and trating your fans who paid big bucks, to watch a good game.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Being over run does not matter. Getting to the quarter final is all that matters.

On a bad day, Denmark isn't prevented from being overrun by either Andersen, or Dahm. Keep in mind that they are positioned behind the weakest part of this team.
Also worth remembering that Dahm did a decent job in Cologne 2017. So, he'd be more than adequate in all of these matches.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
On a bad day, Denmark isn't prevented from being overrun by either Andersen, or Dahm. Keep in mind that they are positioned behind the weakest part of this team.
Also worth remembering that Dahm did a decent job in Cologne 2017. So, he'd be more than adequate in all of these matches.
It, however, decreases the risk. While Dahm is a decent goaltender and might have the occasional hot game, Andersen is still objectively on another level. I honestly think that for instance defeating Finland isn't something that is out of the reach.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
According to what I have read the last couple of days, it seems like the forward lines for Denmark's first game against Germany will be like this:

Mathias Bau Hansen - Jesper Jensen - Patrick Russell
Mads Christensen - Julian Jakobsen - Morten Madsen
Morten Poulsen

That leaves Patrick Bjorkstrand out for the moment. I am also in doubt if Janne Karlsson will dress only 12 forwards for the first games and wait for a clearer picture regarding the Stanley Cup faith of the remaining Danish NHL players.

We then have a clear cut first line consisting of our 2 most dangerous wingers and very dependable playmaking center. The second line will be a step below our first line but still very capable in a Danish context. If we, at a later stage can get Nikolaj Ehlers and/or Mikkel Bödker to reinforce the team, they can replace first Nicklas Hardt and then Frederik Storm on that line. The third line will be an energy line with somewhat offensive potential, and our fourth line will mostly be used in a shutdown role. If Lars Eller or Jannik Hansen becomes available for the national team, I would probably prefer that they are placed on the third line, to not disturb the line chemistry on the first 2 lines. I can imagine though that Janne Karlsson probably will use at least Lars Eller as a wing on the second line even though he is at his best as a center.

The defensive pairs will probably be like this:

Stefan Lassen - Philip Larsen
Jesper Jensen Aabo - Oliver Lauridsen
Nicholas B. Jensen - Daniel Nielsen
Emil Kristensen

It is also a question mark on how many defenders Janne Karlsson will dress for the first games both in regard to the missing NHL players and in regard to how the injury to Markus Lauridsen is healing. I could see him dress also Matias Lassen right from the start and discharge the possibility that Markus Lauridsen will be ready at some point.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->