WC: 2018 - Team Czech Republic

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Also first cut. Patrik Bartošák will leave the camp. Which make Francouz, Furch and Rittich goalies for WHC, if no one else is coming.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Also first cut. Patrik Bartošák will leave the camp. Which make Francouz, Furch and Rittich goalies for WHC, if no one else is coming.

Neuvirth is coming.lol I feel bad for Bartosak... he's a good goalie and did nothing to lose his job. Got killed in round 1 of playoffs and now this. 25 is still young for a goalie.. curious where he ends up in his career. He had a lot of promise as a teen.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Neuvirth is coming.lol I feel bad for Bartosak... he's a good goalie and did nothing to lose his job. Got killed in round 1 of playoffs and now this. 25 is still young for a goalie.. curious where he ends up in his career. He had a lot of promise as a teen.
Hope never dies:). I read Bartošák will try NHL again next year.

Pixie

Nov 24, 2017
Czech Republic
So today´s cuts are goalie Bartošák and forwards Ordoš and Orsava, who were both pretty quiet and did not show much. I'm glad that youngsters still remain with team.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Philadephia is out, Gudas, Voráček, Mrázek and Neuvirth free to go. Also Třinec vs Brno series is over (Doudera, Nečas...). Sekáč also free.

Now only Boston vs Toronto (3-2) and Washington vs Columbus (3-2) series are interesting from Czech viewpoint.

Also update on AHL Playoff (only teams where are Czechs). Just for summary.

Lehigh Valley Phantoms vs Providence Bruins (Zbořil) - series tied 1-1

Toronto Marlies vs Utica Comets (Jašek) - Toronto leads 1-0

Syracuse Crunch (Mašín) vs Rochester Americans - Syracuse leads 2-0

Chicago Wolves (Hyka) vs Rockford IceHogs (Kämpf) - Rockford leads 0-1

Grand Rapids Griffins (Machovský, Hronek, Šulák) vs Manitoba Moose (Košťálek, Špaček) - Manitoba leads 0-1

Tucson Roadrunners vs San Jose Barracuda (Šimek) - series tied 1-1

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Philadephia is out, Gudas, Voráček, Mrázek and Neuvirth free to go. Also Třinec vs Brno series is over (Doudera, Nečas...). Sekáč also free.

Now only Boston vs Toronto (3-2) and Washington vs Columbus (3-2) series are interesting from Czech viewpoint.

Also update on AHL Playoff (only teams where are Czechs). Just for summary.

Lehigh Valley Phantoms vs Providence Bruins (Zbořil) - series tied 1-1

Toronto Marlies vs Utica Comets (Jašek) - Toronto leads 1-0

Syracuse Crunch (Mašín) vs Rochester Americans - Syracuse leads 2-0

Chicago Wolves (Hyka) vs Rockford IceHogs (Kämpf) - Rockford leads 0-1

Grand Rapids Griffins (Machovský, Hronek, Šulák) vs Manitoba Moose (Košťálek, Špaček) - Manitoba leads 0-1

Tucson Roadrunners vs San Jose Barracuda (Šimek) - series tied 1-1

I highlighted the guys I would want... Spacek, to me, is just as good as the Chytil/Necas group and ahead of Chlapik by a good margin. Hronek is going to be a very good NHLer and so is Masin. I flat out feel bad for Simek.

I want Neuvirth.. people will point out 7 against or how good Rittich, Furch and Francouz are but he is clearly healthy and he played well. I really didnt' think he allowed a bad goal against in those 7 goals and that may be the first time I've said that. Hyka would be interesting too but we already have about 30 plus guys. Interesting that no news about Zacha... I imagine he'll say he wasn't invited and then Jandac will say he called him personally.lol

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
I highlighted the guys I would want... Spacek, to me, is just as good as the Chytil/Necas group and ahead of Chlapik by a good margin. Hronek is going to be a very good NHLer and so is Masin. I flat out feel bad for Simek.

I want Neuvirth.. people will point out 7 against or how good Rittich, Furch and Francouz are but he is clearly healthy and he played well. I really didnt' think he allowed a bad goal against in those 7 goals and that may be the first time I've said that. Hyka would be interesting too but we already have about 30 plus guys. Interesting that no news about Zacha... I imagine he'll say he wasn't invited and then Jandac will say he called him personally.lol
I want Gudas but damn when I watched yesterday game we have to do smth with Ds because with such a trend he doesnt have to be in NHL forever and he is basically our best D.

Problem with other young guys is lack of time for testing. We didnt test current Ds against strong opponents so they all will have to be tested in Swedish games and I am not sure how they can manage it. The best is if they are scouted well by Fisher so coach can predict whether they are able to play on such level now. Hyka will be boost as well. For me he is better than Kubalik who was awful against Russia but hopefully he puts his head together if he wants to be there.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I want Gudas but damn when I watched yesterday game we have to do smth with Ds because with such a trend he doesnt have to be in NHL forever and he is basically our best D.

Problem with other young guys is lack of time for testing. We didnt test current Ds against strong opponents so they all will have to be tested in Swedish games and I am not sure how they can manage it. The best is if they are scouted well by Fisher so coach can predict whether they are able to play on such level now. Hyka will be boost as well. For me he is better than Kubalik who was awful against Russia but hopefully he puts his head together if he wants to be there.

I love Radko but can't see him playing into his Mid 30's with elusive contracts. I wouldn't be surprised if he got traded this offseason to be honest... I hope they sell cheap and he goes to the Oilers (my other team).

Czech D is in a terrible place... a lot of guys just didn't pan out like Klesla, Smid and Kindl. They all played in the NHL but just didn't crack it. Then Musil looked great as a junior but had no footspeed. We rarely, if ever, have D even drafted to the NHL and when you look at past lineups of WJU18 rosters you don't see many guys that are doing well at all.

I obviously hope that Hajek, Budik, Zboril, Masin, Hronek all become NHL regulars and a new breed. Even our current generation I hope to see Kempny, Jerabek, Rutta and Simek all be NHL regulars next season. But, in both cases, it is more likely only half those guys. Then we have guys that couldn't crack the NHL like Jordan, Nakladal and Kundratek. It's just not very good all around.

If we had the Olympic's with NHL pro's I can't even think what our D would be? I imagine pretty similar to last year's WC roster which lost in the quartes... Gudas, Rutta, Kempny, Jordan, Nakladal, Jerabek? Something like that... maybe Sustr or Polak? It's not very good. And I like all those players!

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Voracek as captain, if he'll accept Fischer's invite.
Gudas will be good addition, no doubt about it.
Neuvirth maybe, Mrazek no.

Zacha only if he'll be able to join team for Swedish hockey games and there we'll see. But I'd rather take Necas as center.

...and after this - that's all. Stop inviting more players.

The only players I'd ask during WCH are Pasta, Krejci, Palat (but he was injured) and Kempny. Depends on their teams in SC of course.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
My lines :laugh: that's a shame there can't be more lines :laugh: Kaut, Stransky, Horak etc.... they all deserve place in this team :thumbu:

Voracek (C) - Necas - Cervenka
D. Kase (if OK) - Hanzl - Kubalik
Jaskin - Chytil - Zadina/Frk
Nestrasil - Faksa - Repik
Zadina/Frk

Reactions: Tritsche

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
My lines :laugh: that's a shame there can't be more lines :laugh: Kaut, Stransky, Horak etc.... they all deserve place in this team :thumbu:

Zadina/Frk

What about D and Goalies?

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016

I don't think anybody is going from AHL to tell the truth. Maybe Šimek, but San Jose still playing. We should know about Philadelphia players today, about Zacha probably tommorow. It's free day today, so there is no much info now.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018

Zadina/Frk

these lines rule. :popcorn:

Reactions: Tritsche

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Martin Nečas, Jakub Krejčík (both HC Kometa Brno) and David Musil (HC Oceláři Třinec) added to roster. Radko Gudas and Pavel Zacha are interested, they must pass medical first, but coming if they do. No info on Voráček right now. More will be known tommorow after practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Retroglyphs

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
What about D and Goalies?

I don't know how exactly pair our defenders. I'd choose from Jordan, Galvas, Hrbas, Klok, Sklenicka, Polasek, Pavelka (maybe Moravcik) + Gudas

And goalies are obvious (Rittich, Francouz and Furch). Neuvirth (same as Krejcik and D. Musil) must show their form in swedish games.
Furch probably will be 3rd goalie in all combinations.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
I would like to see Hronek playing! I really enjoyed watching the physical play of Sklenicka throughout the last 3 games, I hope he makes the team.

Reactions: Maluk11

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Martin Nečas, Jakub Krejčík (both HC Kometa Brno) and David Musil (HC Oceláři Třinec) added to roster. Radko Gudas and Pavel Zacha are interested, they must pass medical first, but coming if they do. No info on Voráček right now. More will be known tommorow after practice.

Thanks for all these updates... was surprised to see Musil get an invite... he was an Oiler's prospect for a long time and I was sad they gave up on him... maybe a late bloomer.

Reactions: Maluk11

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Thanks for all these updates... was surprised to see Musil get an invite... he was an Oiler's prospect for a long time and I was sad they gave up on him... maybe a late bloomer.
The thanks belong to Darina Vymětalíková, she gets all these information in her free day, I just copy:). Also Lukáš Krajíček was invited, but he doesn't want to play for NT anymore.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
David Musil lol. Defensive defenseman with awful skating. What a beatiful combination. Might have been a solid player twenty years ago, but today's game is all about skating and skill.
Galvas and Sklenicka should make the team. Don't care about the rest really. Just no Moravcik, guy is s terrible skater as well.
If possible I would love to see any of Hronek/Masin/Simek/Zboril from the AHL.
Czech D is in a terrible place... a lot of guys just didn't pan out like Klesla, Smid and Kindl. They all played in the NHL but just didn't crack it. Then Musil looked great as a junior but had no footspeed. We rarely, if ever, have D even drafted to the NHL and when you look at past lineups of WJU18 rosters you don't see many guys that are doing well at all.

I obviously hope that Hajek, Budik, Zboril, Masin, Hronek all become NHL regulars and a new breed. Even our current generation I hope to see Kempny, Jerabek, Rutta and Simek all be NHL regulars next season. But, in both cases, it is more likely only half those guys. Then we have guys that couldn't crack the NHL like Jordan, Nakladal and Kundratek. It's just not very good all around.
Czech D is so bad. To have a somewhat competetive defense core we need all Zboril, Hronek, Hajek, Masin and Galvas to hit their potential. That's obviously not gonna happen though. I think Zboril will carve a solid 3rd pairing NHL career, Hajek with Hronek could be good top 4 Ds and Masin with Galvas are wildcards. And even that's probably very optimistic expectation. What's worse though, there are no interesting youngsters on the horizon. 00s, 01s and 02s don't seem to have anyone noteworthy.
While forwards and lately also goalies production has gotten better, there's no light at the end of the tunnel as far as defensemen go.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
David Musil lol. Defensive defenseman with awful skating. What a beatiful combination. Might have been a solid player twenty years ago, but today's game is all about skating and skill.
Galvas and Sklenicka should make the team. Don't care about the rest really. Just no Moravcik, guy is s terrible skater as well.
If possible I would love to see any of Hronek/Masin/Simek/Zboril from the AHL.

Czech D is so bad. To have a somewhat competetive defense core we need all Zboril, Hronek, Hajek, Masin and Galvas to hit their potential. That's obviously not gonna happen though. I think Zboril will carve a solid 3rd pairing NHL career, Hajek with Hronek could be good top 4 Ds and Masin with Galvas are wildcards. And even that's probably very optimistic expectation. What's worse though, there are no interesting youngsters on the horizon. 00s, 01s and 02s don't seem to have anyone noteworthy.
While forwards and lately also goalies production has gotten better, there's no light at the end of the tunnel as far as defensemen go.

Unfortunately, I agree. We don't have a Top 100 Dman in the NHL right now. I really like Masin and think he will be very good as he seems very determined.

I would argue our goaltending has never been worse starting next season. I don't think we have one starter in the NHL for the first time in a long time... Mrazek was the third goalie in Philly and I can't see a team signing him as a starter? Neuvirth will be backup in Philly for one more year. Pavelec is done as a starter. Mazanec has a very hard road to take Lundqvist's and Pavelec's jobs away. Francouz will sign somewhere but how much will he play? Rittich was good but I can't see him being the starter in Calgary?

The rest are very good prospects but I can't see any of them being starters next season. I don't think we'll have a Top 30 goalie in the NHL next year. Some of our best prospects were in the ECHL at times this year. Vladar, Vanecek, Stezka, Svoboda, Bartosak, Skarek, Korenar, Langhammer are all good prospects but I don't see them being starters in next 2 years. I'm sure I missed someone but I just don't see an NHL starter in Czech hockey right now.

Since I'm depressed.. .I don't think we have many good NHL Centres either. Chytil, Zadina, Necas might fix that of course but our best players are all wingers right now.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic

Zadina/Frk
I like your fourth line, I basically like this team a lot. That passed my eye test:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad