NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Relatively good day for the tank. Ottawa losing and Edmonton winning.

Need Philadelphia and Florida to come up with the W.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Now that Sens are solidly in the toilet hole...how are you going to fill this long cold winter? I'm trying to decide whether to cheer (4restyr) for another team other than Habs Leafs...maybe Turris's new team. Not sure. Need hockey fix but this Sens team aint it.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Lets be honest, if we get a top 5 pick to add to this roster along with Chabot, White, and Brown next year we're gonna be a pretty damn good team. Just have to hope Dorion doesn't f*** the roster up until then. Fingers crossed.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Now that Sens are solidly in the toilet hole...how are you going to fill this long cold winter? I'm trying to decide whether to cheer (4restyr) for another team other than Habs Leafs...maybe Turris's new team. Not sure. Need hockey fix but this Sens team aint it.

Hurricanes man. If not for Ward clogging their blueline they might be real good. Slavin + company droool.....
Sucks for this year, but it's over except for crying.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
Rasmus Dahlin also plays for Frolunda HC, last time we drafted a defenseman from there in the 1st round, it worked out for us. Hoping for a Frolunda top pairing in Sens jersey next year :). Positive Vibe.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
tankmarking5div.jpg

Reactions: Mika Hoffmanijad

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I hope this thread doesn't get closed because it allows those that look forward to a good draft pick avoid a fight or arguing with others that are still optimistic .

Reactions: Mika Hoffmanijad

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Lehner is a f***ing beauty.

Closer to second last in the league now than 4th, hopefully tonight gives the sabres a bit of a confidence boost.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
We're gonna trade Anderson for Lehner at the deadline, and then start winning games and pick 6th instead of 2nd.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
im ok with that ^^^.

honestly though imagine we kept Dahlen and then won Dahlin. The sens would be "Daht" Team

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Well I didn't want it to come to this but it looks unavoidable at this point.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Probably by venting on this board.

I don't care for feel-good stories from other teams anymore.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I'm all about Ottawa getting a top 1- 3 NHL draft pick. So if that means they need to trade some depth to ensure that happens (Anderson / Hoffman) then I'm all for it.

Priority #1 is a top pick this year, then retool at this summer and get going for a better 2019 season, a bounce back year. Need to buy out Ryan, he's a culture killing tank machine who has Jonathan Cheechoo written all over him.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I’m okay with writing off this season but a full on blow up makes no sense since we won’t have a first round pick next year. Get the best pick we can, maybe make some lateral moves to get a bit younger, pray Karlsson re-signs then head into next season with (potentially) Dahlin, Chabot, White, and Brown injected into the lineup.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Isn't 29 games in a little early for this? I know even the tsn 1200 has become a bit glum of late, but 29 games played is still a hair early for the tank. Specially with the past Hamburglar runs.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Isn't 29 games in a little early for this? I know even the tsn 1200 has become a bit glum of late, but 29 games played is still a hair early for the tank. Specially with the past Hamburglar runs.

I don't expect to see another Hamburglar run anytime soon, which is why it was so special to watch.
If you look at their record, it's bad but from an outside view I guess some people could think they could still make the playoffs if they turn it around. The doom and gloom and tank thread come from how they've gotten here. This stretch of games is hilariously bad.
There is zero trust at any level of the organization right now. The players and coach look lost, the GM arguably hasn't won a meaningful trade in his tenure and the owner is unnerving quiet to the media, which is beyond strange for Melnyk.

No, I don't think it's too early. There looks to be a lot more doom and gloom coming this way.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017

That was one run. An incredibly, incredibly unlikely one that was backboned by a red-hot journeyman goaltender and Karlsson and Stone being on fire. There is nothing to suggest this team can turn around to be a playoff team when there is literally no aspect of the game they are executing well right now.

Besides that, this team BADLY needs high-end talent so people wanting Dahlin, Svechnikov, or Zadina is understandable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->