NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
I'm not super duper informed yet on guys outside of the top 6-7 because I had been assuming that Ottawa would be picking one of them.

So say Ottawa ends up in the 6-7-8 range, do you think it would be best to pick a guy there, give the pick to Colorado, or explore trading down? If they can drop to the 10-11-12 range and pick up a 2nd in the process, is that a better plan than the other two options?

There's time for things to change, but I would not advocate for trading down outside the top 8-9 as that's where I see a drop-off to the next tier of players. Granted, I'm not as informed on some prospects so maybe someone will have better insight in the prospects I mention in my last paragraph.

Obviously picking 1st gets you the stud (Dahlin). Picking 2nd is a great consolation prize (Svechnikov). 3rd, you're likely getting Zadina. Then there's 6 more prospects that I think group pretty closely together- Boqvist, Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson, Tkachuk and Wahlstrom [I'd take Tkachuk last of all these guys actually). That's why for me, I don't think it's a crushing as others do to pick 6th or 7th versus 4th or 5th. I think those players mentioned above in the 4-9 range aren't separated by that much.

I'm wondering what people think of A- Ty Smith, and B- Joe Veleno. Don't know much about Smith, and Veleno's been unreal since being traded. Are they close to those prospects I mentioned 4th-9th?

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
If sens pick #2 I don't see how they pass on Svechnikov.

Another high end winger to maybe play with Duchene ? Yes please.

It doesn't matter really you take the top talent available because it's going to help your roster out. We are set at no position currently outside of #1 RD and now #1C.

Lol, Svechnikov is one of the best Winger prospects in the past 5 seasons, he’s not just high end Winger...

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Lol, Svechnikov is one of the best Winger prospects in the past 5 seasons, he’s not just high end Winger...

So you project. I don't think we are really saying different things, I said if hes there hes the best guy available..

If you want to take issue with me not claiming hes generational or elite or some other subjective term, so be it I thought "high end winger" was sufficient.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
No way. Next year we pick 15th. No next year we make the playoffs. Wasted this year. Waste a top 10.

You take the pick this year then you let the chips fall where they fall. **** doing something stupid like trading our pick away.
It is probably more likely we miss the playoffs next year then make it in. We traded Brassard and Phaneuf and probably won't have immediate replacements for them.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
It is probably more likely we miss the playoffs next year then make it in. We traded Brassard and Phaneuf and probably won't have immediate replacements for them.
We make the playoffs soley based on a)does Andy bounce back (historical yes) / do we get another back up or starter challenger (ie. Lehner UFA, Gillies, etc.)
b)do we address defense. We have two Top 4 D atm, and an inbetween (Ceci I'm looking at you).

Address that and I dont give a **** about our forwards, I bet we make the playoffs.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
No way. Next year we pick 15th. No next year we make the playoffs. Wasted this year. Waste a top 10.

You take the pick this year then you let the chips fall where they fall. **** doing something stupid like trading our pick away.
Obviously. They're not giving away a top 10 pick.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Calgary is in a scary position, they need to win 6 or 7 of their 8 remaining, otherwise their lottery pick is the property of NYI

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Calgary is in a scary position, they need to win 6 or 7 of their 8 remaining, otherwise their lottery pick is the property of NYI

Islanders could potentially have the first and second pick in this draft. How crazy would that be? It would save their franchise for sure.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Islanders could potentially have the first and second pick in this draft. How crazy would that be? It would save their franchise for sure.

We've seen Bettman rig it before to save a dying franchise in Pittsburgh.

I could see it again.

Good night for the tank. Oilers and Detroit win and Sens lose

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
LOL, Bettman didn't rig that. As to us, was "good" to see us lose last night, Vancouver did as well. Buffalo and Arizona play tonight so 1 of those teams have to win there.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
At this rate we’re going to pass Montreal and Detroit. Management should have embraced the tank and shutdown players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad