NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
6 pick is looking like where its going to be.

Absolutely pathetic

We'd be lucky to select at 6th at this point. Only a matter of time before we pass MTL. Could do the same to EDM and CHI too.

We finish 6th in the standings and we have about a 65% chance of moving back 1-3 spots in the lottery, with a 35% chance to move up in the top 3 or stay at 6.

So chances are, if we were to finish 6th, we'll be selecting 7th-9th.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
We'd be lucky to select at 6th at this point. Only a matter of time before we pass MTL. Could do the same to EDM and CHI too.

We finish 6th in the standings and we have about a 65% chance of moving back 1-3 spots in the lottery, with a 35% chance to move up in the top 3 or stay at 6.

So chances are, if we were to finish 6th, we'll be selecting 7th-9th.
I said months ago we should be planning for 7th.

We will be choosing between:
One of:
Wahlstrom
Bouchard
Dobson

and then the rest of (my opinion) the top guys

Kupari
Farabee
Hughes

Hope to get a lottery pick obviously, and be prepared to choose your choice of the above.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Wait did you forget Svechnikov or do you think he’s interchangeable?

Is he goes #2 Brady Tchatchuk at #4-5 might end up being the better player.

Rasmus Dahlin is the only game changer. The others will be solid prospects that help, but that's all they'll be.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Rasmus Dahlin is the only game changer. The others will be solid prospects that help, but that's all they'll be.
No, Svechnikov is on another level. He's closer to Dahlin than the others

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Well. There goes Dahlin.

Gotta pray for Boqvist now Lol.

The odds for the 1st overall pick drop around 1% from 3rd worst to 4th worst, and the same from 4th to 5th and 5th to 6th.

Those small percentage drops have convinced you that Dahlin is no longer a possibility? I mean he’s always been a long shot. Now he’s ever so slightly more of a long shot than he was a couple weeks ago.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
The odds for the 1st overall pick drop around 1% from 3rd worst to 4th worst, and the same from 4th to 5th and 5th to 6th.

Those small percentage drops have convinced you that Dahlin is no longer a possibility? I mean he’s always been a long shot. Now he’s ever so slightly more of a long shot than he was a couple weeks ago.
Maybe people are more worried about how far up the Sens can drop

Reactions: JungleBeat

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

What does Tkachuck do better than Svechnikov?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I said months ago we should be planning for 7th.

We will be choosing between:
One of:
Wahlstrom
Bouchard
Dobson

and then the rest of (my opinion) the top guys

Kupari
Farabee
Hughes

Hope to get a lottery pick obviously, and be prepared to choose your choice of the above.

I'd love it if Dobson was available at 7, but I don't expect that to be the case. He's got all the tools to be a top pairing D and is having a terrific season. I don't think he'll fall out of the top 6.

Dahlin and Svechnikov go 1-2 obviously. Then I think we can count on Zadina and Tkachuk to go in the top 6 (probably 3-4). But then I expect Dobson and one of Bouchard/Smith/Hughes get picked 5-6

Walking away with a potential top pairing D in Bouchard/Smith/Hughes still would be pretty sweet though. I think I'd take one of those guys instead of moving the pick to 2019.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Bench management. Not. I said we shoulda dealt Andy at trade deadline. Then we'd be more likely to tank properly...look at Habs playing Lindgren & Wings playing Coreau in nets. Help! We need the shooter tutor like other tankers!

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Bench management. Not. I said we shoulda dealt Andy at trade deadline. Then we'd be more likely to tank properly...look at Habs playing Lindgren & Wings playing Coreau in nets. Help! We need the shooter tutor like other tankers!

Anderson is probably untradeable at this point.

Dude is 36YRs old, can barely keep his save percentage above .900, and is signed for two more years at 5M.

Blame management for signing him prematurely, not for failing to get rid of his albatross contract at the deadline.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Dobson, Bouchard, Smith

And then Merkley, Wilde etc might all be available with the PIT pick.

My own list of who may be available between 5-8 that I would draft is Walhstron, Bouchard or Dobson & let's not forget that someone always drops, could it be a Russian this yr? Having said that though, I think PD might just draft Bodqvist & promote him as the second coming of Karlsson.

With our 2nd 1st rd pick it's possible that Wilde, Groulx or Noel could be available. It would be nice to come away from this draft with two very good players who could help this team sooner rather than later.

What does Tkachuck do better than Svechnikov?

I think it depends what you like, Svechnikov is projected to be a pt producer the kind of player most on this board like. While Tkatchuck is projected to be a pain in the arse kind of player in front of the net & drive goalies & opposition players nuts with his constant harassment in front of the net. He will also get his fair share of pts but I doubt he will ever get as many as Svechnikov but IMO will probably be better defensively, will hit & be a pain to play against. IMO Tkatchuck could turn into a better version of Zack Smith with more goal scoring, at least I hope so.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Anderson is probably untradeable at this point.

Dude is 36YRs old, can barely keep his save percentage above .900, and is signed for two more years at 5M.

Blame management for signing him prematurely, not for failing to get rid of his albatross contract at the deadline.

Once we resigned Andy we knew he wasn’t going anywhere. Can’t fault teams for not being interested in him with his extension kicking in next year. I’m sure we could have moved him if we hadn’t extended him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I am operating under the impression that alot of people either didn't bother to read the percentages , or don't understand how odds work.
1st column is 1st overall; 2nd is top 3... The thing that jumped right out at me was the less points you have the higher the percentage values in each of the columns.

QvLNTS.jpg

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
I'd love it if Dobson was available at 7, but I don't expect that to be the case. He's got all the tools to be a top pairing D and is having a terrific season. I don't think he'll fall out of the top 6.

Dahlin and Svechnikov go 1-2 obviously. Then I think we can count on Zadina and Tkachuk to go in the top 6 (probably 3-4). But then I expect Dobson and one of Bouchard/Smith/Hughes get picked 5-6

Walking away with a potential top pairing D in Bouchard/Smith/Hughes still would be pretty sweet though. I think I'd take one of those guys instead of moving the pick to 2019.
You're forgetting Boqvist. After Dahlin + Svech the consensus next 3 picks are Boqvist/Tkachuk/Zadina in some order in pretty much every ranking I've seen.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
This again? Are you the same guy that asked me this exact same question be that i answered before?
No, that was me and all you said was that he’s a better leader and more physical. That’s hardly enough to select him over Svechnikov.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I wonder if Tkachuk could slide in the first round if other teams prefer the defenceman slated to go in the top ten.

There was a recent draft where a player kept sliding and ended up going so something like ten picks after he was supposed to go. I forget who that player was though.

Cam Fowler I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad