NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Can't even tank right. Play well when the season is over. Typical

Yes. The way Ottawa is playing lately, they could move up another couple of spots (eclipse Montreal and Edmonton). Don't they have a AHL goalie they could call up so they could "evaluate" him ...... or something that will help the tank?

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
My brain wants the team to lose. My heart will always be happy to see this team win.

I finally agree with you on something!! Last night my son and I were jumping out of our seats, high fiving the season ticket holders sitting in the same seats for the last 19 years and loving the one timers slappers....then reality hitting me, WTF, not good for the future of this team.....my ten year old son was trying to figure out my moment of sadness, but I just could not bring myself to explain to a die hard 10 yr old Sens fan the rational.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
We shouldn't be all that concerned about where they end up on draft night, there are all kinds of things that could happen to improve their ranking with trades or they could find a better player where they end up. There is no guarantee that the best player is in the top 5 every yr, sometimes the best player in a draft comes much later. How much better is Karlsson than almost everyone drafted in front of him for example?

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Buffalo -W
Edmonton -W

Let's go Montreal, Carolina, NYR, Arizona and Vancouver tonight!

Now the Sens just need a 5-4 L in regulation and everyone's happy.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
6 pick is looking like where its going to be.

Absolutely pathetic

With the way the lottery works, finishing 2nd or 3rd last has better odds of finishing 4th and fifth then in the top 3.

Sure I'd love a crack at the dahling or the Russian, but nothing is guaranteed.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
With the way the lottery works, finishing 2nd or 3rd last has better odds of finishing 4th and fifth then in the top 3.

Sure I'd love a crack at the dahling or the Russian, but nothing is guaranteed.

On top of that, I don't see a sure-fire order for top 5 or 6 prospects in this draft. 1-2 is obvious [Dahlin-Svechnikov], and most have Zadina going 3rd although I don't think that's set in stone [see Puljujarvi 2 years ago]. After that, though, there are 5 or 6 prospects that could go in a number of different orders in the top 10.
Hughes, Boqvist, Bouchard, Dobson, Wahlstrom and Tkachuk are all exciting prospects that don't seem to be separated by much. Even if we pick 6th, we'll have our choice between 4 of these guys. Ask 10 different people and you'll get a variety of different choices for how they'd rank these guys.
So for me, I obviously want a top 2 pick, but the odds are so low of that happening regardless of where we finish. It's always been likely that we'll pick outside the top 3 and I don't see a huge difference picking 4th, 5th or 6th.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Montreal taking a page from the Leaf's book on "How to Tank and Build a Future". They may not win another game!

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
depending on these last 10 or so games we're going to finish for sure between 31st and 24th. most likely 5th or 6th last. there's lots of wiggle room there to move up or down, i'm not too worried about where we finish in a relatively deep 1st round this draft year. dobson, bouchard, smith, wahlstrom are all going to be on the board at that point, and Boqvist might even fall to us too. lots to be excited about with our pick, i hope we don't give it up to colorado.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We can still tank this. After #1 it’s totally random, Evan Bouchard at #5/6 pick might end up being the 2nd best player in the draft.

Still want us to tank, but #2-#6 to me is interchangeable. Dahlen is the only real saviour

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
We can still tank this. After #1 it’s totally random, Evan Bouchard at #5/6 pick might end up being the 2nd best player in the draft.

Still want us to tank, but #2-#6 to me is interchangeable. Dahlen is the only real saviour

Wait did you forget Svechnikov or do you think he’s interchangeable?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->