NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Eh, we was one of the older players in the draft and couldn’t even produce at a ppg pace, that’s not a high ceiling guy to me. If we wanted a high ceiling prospect we would have drafted the player like Sprong,Kylington,Bracco and Anderson with the pick.

Agreed, he was more what I'd call a project, tantalizing physical attributes you hope you can turn into a player. A high ceiling guy to me is someone with elite hockey skills and the numbers that back it up. Oftentimes having some perceived negative that drops them further then you'd expect them to go, ie. attitude or size.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
WE NEED HELP AT THE D POSITION ASAP FFS

You're right but imagine we get Svechnikov and sign DeHaan...

You would have Stone, Duchene, Hoffman, Svechnikov up front. Whoa. Put all those guys + Karlsson on the PP. Or put one of them on PP2 with Chabot and special teams alone would put us as a bubble team lol.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017

You would have Stone, Duchene, Hoffman, Svechnikov up front. Whoa. Put all those guys + Karlsson on the PP. Or put one of them on PP2 with Chabot and special teams alone would put us as a bubble team lol.

I don't have any faith in the PP so long as they don't realize Karlsson can't be the #1 option. To me it's no coincidence the last time our PP was even average was 13-14 with Spezza. A forward has to be the guy running things from the half-wall.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

I wonder what kind of contract DeHaan will be looking for.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
WE NEED HELP AT THE D POSITION ASAP FFS

We should look to see if we can move Gaborik's ridiculously overpaid salary and flip him to a team for an equally overpriced defenceman.

Maybe we could even get younger in the process! I mean, I'm not asking a ton here, but Gaborik is 36 years old... even if we could get like, a 32ish year old defenceman for him, that would be fine. That's still an upgrade in that regard. Gaborik is going to be 39 when his contract is up, it literally can't get worse than that.

Doesn't even have to be a great defenceman. Just some guy who could reasonably pass for a #4 guy? You know, passably good, like... has flaws, but is still good enough to contribute. Maybe he was a better player in his youth, and got a big contract based on reputation, and now the team wants out of it. Just target a team who has a guy like that on a bad contract, like around $7mil/year. Yeah, Gaborik's cap hit is like $5+, but the way I see it, I'd rather pay an extra $2 mil a year for a guy who is actually somewhat useful (if flawed) who plays a position that is hard (and expensive) to find and retain, than a guy who is completely done at the NHL level at a position that is literally the easiest position in hockey to find depth at.

Gaborik is totally useless and a sunk cost, might as well use that money to upgrade the blueline a bit if we can find a sucker to make that kind of trade.

Reactions: DrEasy and 2CHAINZ

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Stone's not traveling with the team to Florida. With the way Andy and King Karl's leaking goals while they're on ice, tankers rejoice!

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
We should look to see if we can move Gaborik's ridiculously overpaid salary and flip him to a team for an equally overpriced defenceman.

Maybe we could even get younger in the process! I mean, I'm not asking a ton here, but Gaborik is 36 years old... even if we could get like, a 32ish year old defenceman for him, that would be fine. That's still an upgrade in that regard. Gaborik is going to be 39 when his contract is up, it literally can't get worse than that.

Doesn't even have to be a great defenceman. Just some guy who could reasonably pass for a #4 guy? You know, passably good, like... has flaws, but is still good enough to contribute. Maybe he was a better player in his youth, and got a big contract based on reputation, and now the team wants out of it. Just target a team who has a guy like that on a bad contract, like around $7mil/year. Yeah, Gaborik's cap hit is like $5+, but the way I see it, I'd rather pay an extra $2 mil a year for a guy who is actually somewhat useful (if flawed) who plays a position that is hard (and expensive) to find and retain, than a guy who is completely done at the NHL level at a position that is literally the easiest position in hockey to find depth at.

Gaborik is totally useless and a sunk cost, might as well use that money to upgrade the blueline a bit if we can find a sucker to make that kind of trade.

I see what you're getting at .... maybe someone like the guy who's name rhymes with Rion Lanoof?

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Buffalo is only one point behind now... they’ve played two more games than us but still

Last edited:

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer

I think DAL has someone like that. Local guy too.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Buffalo is only one point behind now... we’ve played two more games than them but still

Not right.

Current NHL standings show:
MONTREAL 68 GP 62 PTS
Vancouver 68 GP. 59 PTS
Ottawa. 67 GP. 57 PTS
Buffalo 69 GP. 56 PTS
Arizona. 67 GP. 53 Pts

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

History lesson:
1. Sign Michalek and Greening
2. Trade them for Phaneuf
3. Trade Phaneuf for Gaborik
4. Trade Gaborik for another dud.

Ugh!

Just buy him out and get on with the rebuild with youth.

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
With a Chicago win its unlikely we catch them. So a top 8 selection is pretty much wrapped up barring a big run and 3 teams behind us jumping us at the lottery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad