NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
To whoever asked who should be tank commander , my vote goes to Pyatt.

Obviously he's Boucher favorite player. I mean he shot in the shoot out again and again didn't score.

He's my vote

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Do you guys really wanna draft dahlin just for Boucher to not feed him steak for the next 5 years.

Svechnikov is my pick for us.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Will finish right at the bottom and then will get bumped up by higher teams who won the lottery, that's my guess.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Do you guys really wanna draft dahlin just for Boucher to not feed him steak for the next 5 years.

Not with this owner at the helm in June.

Hopefully new ownership and management group is in by then.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Would Svechnikov get any minutes? Brown, Formenton, Chlapik sure didn't. Obviously he's on another level, but Boucher gonna boucher.

Reactions: Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is all under the premise that Boucher is still coach of the team next season

I honestly have no idea what we'll do. Boucher gone likely means Crawford takes over, and likely gets a modified contract for taking over.

If Crawford takes over, we'll likely have a pretty standard system instead of this 1-3-1. Beyond that, I don't really know what to expect, as he's been out of the HC position in this league for too long.

Anyways, we should keep Boucher on till the end of the season, no need to get a coaching change boost only to surge our way up the standings and out of a great pick.

We should move on from Brassard, I like him but there's no value in keeping him here for a tank year.
We should try and move Smith, Oduya, Burrows, Pyatt, Thompson, Phaneuf, and Ryan for whatever we can get.
We should explore the market on Hoffman, if the right deal is there for a younger similar potential player, go for it.
We should explore the market on Ceci, see what he can bring. Again, depending on the return.
Keep Karlsson, Stone, Pageau, Duchene (I still like him, though I know some will want him gone, if it comes to that, do it next year) and all the young players.

I wanted to trade Wideman and Boro this year at the deadline. Harpur, Chabot and Claesson should have been enough to replace them, but injuries have killed off that opportunity, and Claesson hasn't been all that good of late.

To lead the tank:

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Hoffman?-Pageau-White
Chlapik-Paul-??
??-??-??

Harpur-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci?
Claesson-Jaros

Reactions: Anaxagoras

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
There is no chance we pull ourselves out of the bottom 10.

I can live with that for this year. We have seen many teams bounce back without gutting their team. Philly did it a few years back, and one only needs to look at Tampa from last year to this year.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I honestly have no idea what we'll do. Boucher gone likely means Crawford takes over, and likely gets a modified contract for taking over.

If Crawford takes over, we'll likely have a pretty standard system instead of this 1-3-1. Beyond that, I don't really know what to expect, as he's been out of the HC position in this league for too long.

Anyways, we should keep Boucher on till the end of the season, no need to get a coaching change boost only to surge our way up the standings and out of a great pick.

We should move on from Brassard, I like him but there's no value in keeping him here for a tank year.
We should try and move Smith, Oduya, Burrows, Pyatt, Thompson, Phaneuf, and Ryan for whatever we can get.
We should explore the market on Hoffman, if the right deal is there for a younger similar potential player, go for it.
We should explore the market on Ceci, see what he can bring. Again, depending on the return.
Keep Karlsson, Stone, Pageau, Duchene (I still like him, though I know some will want him gone, if it comes to that, do it next year) and all the young players.

I wanted to trade Wideman and Boro this year at the deadline. Harpur, Chabot and Claesson should have been enough to replace them, but injuries have killed off that opportunity, and Claesson hasn't been all that good of late.

To lead the tank:

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Hoffman?-Pageau-White
Chlapik-Paul-??
??-??-??

Harpur-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci?
Claesson-Jaros

Too many cuts. Way too many. Do you want to tank for this year or for the next five years?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Too many cuts. Way too many. Do you want to tank for this year or for the next five years?

Not all can really be traded, hence why I said try. It will likely only be 3-5 guys leaving and you could also have something come back in some trades.

Ideally, Brass Ryan, Phaneuf and Smith would be the top targets to move because they either open up future options or have a decent potential return.

Reactions: Cosmix

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Not all can really be traded, hence why I said try. It will likely only be 3-5 guys leaving and you could also have something come back in some trades.

Ideally, Brass Ryan, Phaneuf and Smith would be the top targets to move because they either open up future options or have a decent potential return.
Ryan is a huge anchor of a contract.

Doubt we would have any suitors for an injury prone slow, low offensive output winger...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ryan is a huge anchor of a contract.

Doubt we would have any suitors for an injury prone slow, low offensive output winger...

Clarkson was traded, Datsyuk and Pronger got traded when they weren't even playing. Regardless of your opinion on Ryan, stranger things have happened, but it all comes at a price.

megalomania

Sep 29, 2010
Switzerland
THE only way he's not a If Dorion isn't gm

Not sure about that. If Melnyk needs playoff revenue as much as the numbers discussed in other threads indicate, someone's gonna take the fall for this supposed 'contender' utterly failing to make the playoffs. As much as Dorion seems married to Boucher, I'm quite sure he'll boot him to save his own job if he needs to.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not sure about that. If Melnyk needs playoff revenue as much as the numbers discussed in other threads indicate, someone's gonna take the fall for this supposed 'contender' utterly failing to make the playoffs. As much as Dorion seems married to Boucher, I'm quite sure he'll boot him to save his own job if he needs to.

Oh yeah, he's a snake, he will pass the buck in a heart beat to save his own skin.

megalomania

Sep 29, 2010
Switzerland
I wouldn't hold my breath

Meh I could see trading Ryan for another way overpaid and fastly aging or injury-prone UFA who has a contract of ~6 million with an additional year or two. The other team gets out of a few years, the Sens save a million per year but have to keep that player for longer. Someone like Loui Eriksson if he falls out of favor completely. And with the strange pro scouting on this management, that player might be completely useless, whereas Ryan is at least useful from time to time.

On a related note, this just made me imagine the Canucks had re-signed Burrows to a 6x6 contract a year ago. Trading Ryan for that contract would probably already have happened :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad