2018 Pro-Tank Thread Part I: Dahlin all day and Dahlin all night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
The changes to the lottery system pretty much neuter your odds of getting a top 3 pick even if you finish in bottom 3. Face it, we got screwed by the league essentially sanctioning the Edmonton Oilers for tanking, and of course the first year of the new rules move us from 2nd to 5th.
Did you mean to quote me? I literally said that we failed in the lottery twice

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I honestly would be okay with losing every single game this season...

Best case scenario for this season would be our front office fired, a top 2 pick in the lottery to take Dahlin or Svechnikov, our young guys taking a step forward, and lots of vets somehow shipped out (At least 3 of Vanek, Gagner, Gudbranson, Del Zotto, Sutter, Edler, Eriksson etc)

Would completely change my outlook on the future of this franchise.

Last edited:

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Did you mean to quote me? I literally said that we failed in the lottery twice

I was just talking about how much it sucks that our odds took a nosedive and the new draft lottery rules screwed us over in the *first* year that we were truly terrible.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Tank

A tank

A tank, tank tank tank!

Wow its quite in here. Would have been here for the first game but stupid thanksgiving weekend was surprisingly busy for me.

Anyways back to business...C'mon Ottawa and do what the oilers couldn't.

GO TEAM TANK :cheer:

Reactions: shaolinson

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Really think Willie was the only thing keeping this alive. we're too stacked

Yes, people forget that at the all-star break last season the Canucks were a point out of a playoff spot, and with a roster that was full of more holes than Swiss cheese.....this team is probably too good to plummet to the same depths this year....and of course Philly went into last year's draft with the 14th best odds and rocketed all the way up to second overall...so I guess there's always a chance for a top pick even if the Canucks hang around in the playoff race.

I know some posters would rather see them lose every game....but the problem is that by the end of the season they'd be left playing in front of family and friends at Rogers Arena.....not sure the paying customers would hang in there for another 45 loss season.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
200w_s.gif

1st regulation loss of the season :banana:

Keep em coming boys!

Reactions: Luckylarry

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I have to say the concept of tanking has changed for me. It used to be to get the highest possible draft pick to start to turn around this team. But after witnessing the lottery and what Benning does with high draft picks I now want as many losses and empty seats as possible for the reason that ownership might actually replace management.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Yes, people forget that at the all-star break last season the Canucks were a point out of a playoff spot, and with a roster that was full of more holes than Swiss cheese.....this team is probably too good to plummet to the same depths this year....and of course Philly went into last year's draft with the 14th best odds and rocketed all the way up to second overall...so I guess there's always a chance for a top pick even if the Canucks hang around in the playoff race.

I know some posters would rather see them lose every game....but the problem is that by the end of the season they'd be left playing in front of family and friends at Rogers Arena.....not sure the paying customers would hang in there for another 45 loss season.

You know how some posters like me knew this team would bottom out after the All-Star break? It was easy...we had the common sense to look at the schedule. Those final 2 months we played a lot of playoff teams, while in January we had a butter soft schedule with plenty of games against Colorado and Arizona. This was an awful team last year, and it's an awful team this year. And I hope attendance bottoms out. That's probably the only way we'll see wholesale changes.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta

some guys keep pushing this narrative out that the team was close but that was only an 87 point pace. it took an unsustainable run to even get within 7 points of the eventual line. 9-2-3 run. that was their point pace when they were one point out of a playoff spot. They lost 3 games after that and never went above .500 again the whole season. They were never actually on a playoff pace from game 8 on wards.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Only 3 games on the card tonight but we need the get this tank rolling so I'm looking for some point separation.

Want Bruins, Sabres and Islanders to win...bonus if Knights, Ducks and Kings pick up points.

GO TEAM TANK :cheer:

Reactions: Luckylarry

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I just used the lottery simulator 20 times and the Canucks didn't get a top 3 pick once. I'm off team tank, we should push for the playoffs. Benning knew what he was talking about.

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I mean on the one hand, Benning is an idiot. On the other hand, that is literally the point of the lottery. The nhl couldn't be happier that a team like Philly wins a pick and discourages tanking.

Realistically, i think the lottery is a colossal failure, but if every gm thinks like Benning then it is actually a success. If every gm thought like Benning though, we wouldn't have the biggest moron in the NHL as gm.

And we clearly, clearly do.

Reactions: Jyrki21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad