2018 Pro-Tank Thread Part I: Dahlin all day and Dahlin all night

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Now is a good time as any to kick off this thread.

We've never had a 1D in franchise history.

Is this year our year?

Do you believe?

fjH19DzWN51cww4kn2Awh8d8WsFI7wh87bCnaqNSFzdkS31L-njqp46A31Gl6MACb5vCy_7dlXI1gk_5abkiZQqkbquL9NEsgCt8uvLPOLZ9kjidmawj0IItK9qZMzXkkfyBohNQ43E1-JTmyb54r7t-zP4zJujbsWI62TFYxclSgeKLg7BehMzldYSxMrkZDD-YSW5-MKdnHURmpSN_vOmMEhJmTAyO946Er_aJs-ESzSHg-k8wX3f09Dg9RhFVQqOksjLf8QxjzC9aZaFpjmQHh9cozu_zZwjFK0FI69OjFdBDZ7XRG7UkczqWx2xFOE7jt30s3BduN3M5a7DHb2N6pVkglbfUnqC85c4_OM78fM_y6yEKhJQnccxzXkTQcelZdeSELzVhS10sRDl-K8ujF6cR0ucH-6Nx2SAkCWjtW6j2DZjOkTe3aXqFZxTkbeBdAIV5dGKy3qccOwAzho2t7A0jFZza4nN6h1d5e_gJcMZSNxRp-dqMRFmm9E3OXqkxY68Y3sAYSdi-5MWNCOAcRpYywZil_rlWdtB1tLAdVMdjnyD9QSueffpw8dDcGZtEyTniAjO2mTggGS2tUV6Bn4H0Cnl3SA4QSiDJRw=w700-h507-no

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Last years lottery results turned me off of tanking. The new lottery percentages are COMPLETE BS.
the worst team in the league should have well over 20%, like 25% minimum in my opinion.

Now the worst place team has 17%........ Give me a break.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Last years lottery results turned me off of tanking. The new lottery percentages are COMPLETE BS.
the worst team in the league should have well over 20%, like 25% minimum in my opinion.

I totally understand your point bro, and pain, as we all share it.

But, that doesn't mean we shouldn't still try. 17% is still higher than 1/31. And without that we may drop even lower.

For me, as long as that dip shit Benning is fired, this season is a success.

I also want all of Linden's horcruxes destroyed but that's a bit of a stretch.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I have to wish opposing fans good luck and that I hope their teams make the playoffs, because I don't want them spoiling our tank.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008

Call it what it is...the oiler rule.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
If we're out of the top 2 I'd be happy walking away with Hughes or Boqvist.

The defense draft class is quite insane. Even if we miss out on the true prizes (Dahlin and Svech), Hughes or Boqvist is a pretty good consolation prize. Ty Smith and McIsaac too.

Personal favourite is Merkley. Oozes dynamic ability. Stylistically, really can only say Karlsson is the comparable.

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
I'm hopeful past 2 years lottery has screwed us over this year should be the year.

Lotteries like stock markets have no memories. The universe doesn't care about redressing past failures with pink ponk balls. Let the chips fall where they will is the right approach.

Continued prospect development is where it is at. Thread should be put out of it's misery. Nothing but breeding ground for defeatism.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
I don't think its possible to be worse than the VGK this year. But hopefully with some luck we can finish bottom three, and get even more luck on the lottery.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I don't think its possible to be worse than the VGK this year. But hopefully with some luck we can finish bottom three, and get even more luck on the lottery.

Oh, it's quite easily possible to be worse than Vegas. A few injuries here, Vanek getting more icetime than Boeser there, could easily happen.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
This tank year could be HUGE! The top 5 in this year's draft is stacked: Dahlin, Svechnikov, Merkley, Veleno, Tkachuk. Adding to that Boqvist and Hughes and there's some quality prospects at the top, including 4 defensemen in the top 7.

Adding to that another bottom 5 finish could/should be the end of the Benning regime. I want us to go 0-82. I know that's not realistic, but you won't ever see me saying "I'm on team tank but for this night I want to see us beat the Flames/Oilers/Leafs/Bruins/blahblahblah" I want this team to be victimized night in and night out.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

The format will change again to favour bad teams when the Canucks are a mediocre playoff team.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Last year's numbers were different from the norm because of the percentage allotted to an expansion team.

Yup. Plus beyond that, tanking guarantees us a top 4 pick this year (if we finish last overall). Yes it's great to have the highest odds at 1st overall, and great odds of landing a top 3 pick, the biggest benefit is the draft pick floor of not falling beyond 4. I think a lot of people let this detail slip.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Lotteries like stock markets have no memories. The universe doesn't care about redressing past failures with pink ponk balls. Let the chips fall where they will is the right approach.

Continued prospect development is where it is at. Thread should be put out of it's misery. Nothing but breeding ground for defeatism.
If by defeatism you mean long term victory for the franchise through the removal of the incompetent clowns that are driving this ship then I agree with you.

Anyone that, by now, cannot see the fatally flawed processes this management / ownership utilizes to make their decisions as well as their prioritization of personal motives (financial and ego) over a long term franchise building strategy either doesn't know or doesn't care.

Which is it?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Last 2 lotteries didn’t screw us. Bad drafting has screwed us. We still picked in the top 10 the last few years. Can’t go pissing away picks on Juolevis of the world 5 overall. Players that went after him are studs. So can’t complain about the pick #.

I'm hopeful past 2 years lottery has screwed us over this year should be the year.

Reactions: Nuckles

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
My home for the season. Hoping for a top 2 pick for either Svech or Dahlin but a top 5 pick would really help our tanking efforts as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->