2018 Stanley Cup Favourite #14

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
MTL... easy choice there... I vote MTL since 11 lol.

How's Montreal the easy choice? Their defense got worse, and they still don't have depth down the middle. Their entire success is riding on Price playing like he's super human.

There's at least 3 or 4 teams still left on the list who have rosters that are closer to Cup-caliber than Montreal. Price essentially has to turn in a performance for the ages for them to have a shot.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Ottawa's perfect year was last year. For them to win the cup, everything has to go right, and I can't see lightning striking twice. I actually like Calgary or Montreal here. A HoF goalie can take you farther than any other position (okay maybe center), so I went MTL.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
How's Montreal the easy choice? Their defense got worse, and they still don't have depth down the middle. Their entire success is riding on Price playing like he's super human.

There's at least 3 or 4 teams still left on the list who have rosters that are closer to Cup-caliber than Montreal. Price essentially has to turn in a performance for the ages for them to have a shot.

Carey Price is arguably the biggest x-factor in the league.

Best goalie. Goalie is the position that can most influence a series/game. If he gets hot at right time Montreal can absolutely win the cup

Also. They were a top team in the league last year. So it's not like they're bottom feeders.

I say Montreal.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Ottawa's perfect year was last year. For them to win the cup, everything has to go right, and I can't see lightning striking twice. I actually like Calgary or Montreal here. A HoF goalie can take you farther than any other position (okay maybe center), so I went MTL.

I agree with you that I think it's unlikely they'll win it all or even go far, but at some point that hot streak and recent experience has to work for them rather than against them in these polls. Especially when you look at what we have left to pick from.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Carey Price is arguably the biggest x-factor in the league.

Best goalie. Goalie is the position that can most influence a series/game. If he gets hot at right time Montreal can absolutely win the cup

Also. They were a top team in the league last year. So it's not like they're bottom feeders.

I say Montreal.

But that was my point. Their success hinges entirely on Carey Price playing out of his mind. If a team relies on a single player to determine whether they win a Cup or miss the playoffs, they probably shouldn't be picked ahead of teams who are overall better than them.

As for them being a top team last year, yeah, when they had Radulov, Markov, etc. It's not the same roster as last year (a team that lost in the first round, by the way, even though Price played well -- which goes back to my above point).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->