2018 Sports Business Journal awards

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Fan with Down syndrome like ‘little brother’ to Knights’ Brad Hunt
The Knights were nominated Monday for two awards by the Sports Business Journal in its 11th annual Sports Awards.

The team was a nominee for Sports Team of the Year along with the Nashville Predators, the NBA’s Golden State Warriors and Toronto Raptors, Major League Baseball’s Houston Astros and Atlanta United FC of Major League Soccer.

Knights majority owner Bill Foley was nominated for Sports Executive of the Year. Other nominees are Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank, Mark Lazarus of NBC Sports, Casey Wasserman, who led Los Angeles’ successful 2028 Olympics bid and Fanatics’ founder and chairman Michael Rubin.

In addition, T-Mobile Arena was a finalist for Sports Arena of the Year. The winners will be announced May 23 in New York.

Full list
2018 Sports Business Awards

Congrats and good luck.

Reactions: Killion

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
@LadyStanley Unfortunately.... that article & list is behind a Registration Wall.... Playing peek-a-boo I see that the Preds' & Knights are up for "Team of the Year", Bill Foley "Executive of the Year" (as per your clip) & so on however.... I'm afraid you'll have to transcribe the Categories & Nominee's as we cant have our Members here playing "peek-a-boo" in order to review the full list uh?... No, no we cant. Will not do. :)

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It's not a paywall, it's a crappy ad that doesn't look like it has a way to close it.

It says something like "not now" toward the bottom that will close the popup.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
It's not a paywall, it's a crappy ad that doesn't look like it has a way to close it.

It says something like "not now" toward the bottom that will close the popup.

Ohhh k. Thanks.... :phew:There you go LS, BB just saved you a lot of time.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
The Knights have been a success story and are doing much better than I thought they would but really up for team of the year? I'm a bit meh on that 1.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
You never know, but the VGK might be up for an ESPY this summer as well (rather than or in addition to Stanley Cup champ).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad