Speculation: 2018 Root for the Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
No doubt there is potential there, but so far at SHL level this hasnt converted. 1 assist in 15 games is not something that grants you top5 status in the draft. Someone would have to be really high on his potential to draft hom top5. Think Wahlstrom may be already ahead of him in the consensus order. Possibly some other D like Dobson or Hughes as well.

...and also Vancouver are trash. Unless our players srop trying again we are finishing above them. No Boeser,no party. Baertschi also missing meaning they have no offense at all. 4 games losing strwak with just 3 goals scored in total in these games.

Erik Karlsson:
1 Point in 7 games in the SHL in his draft year
10 points in 45 games in the SHL in his post draft year

Don't make the same mistake 12 GMs made in 2008

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
No doubt there is potential there, but so far at SHL level this hasnt converted. 1 assist in 15 games is not something that grants you top5 status in the draft. Someone would have to be really high on his potential to draft hom top5. Think Wahlstrom may be already ahead of him in the consensus order. Possibly some other D like Dobson or Hughes as well.

...and also Vancouver are trash. Unless our players srop trying again we are finishing above them. No Boeser,no party. Baertschi also missing meaning they have no offense at all. 4 games losing strwak with just 3 goals scored in total in these games.
If I remember correctly they don't give secondary assists in that league.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Erik Karlsson:
1 Point in 7 games in the SHL in his draft year
10 points in 45 games in the SHL in his post draft year

Don't make the same mistake 12 GMs made in 2008
Not to stick my neck out here, but I don't think it's safe to assume everyone playing mediocre hockey around their draft year is going to be the next Karlsson.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Not to stick my neck out here, but I don't think it's safe to assume everyone playing mediocre hockey around their draft year is going to be the next Karlsson.

Certainly not.
But a points only argument, can be defeated with a points only comparison rather easily.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I think if Botterill goes D and we don't win the lottery it's Quinn Hughes all day. Reason being, Hughes has the traits that Botterill values with his incredible skating and ability to create from the back end, he has 28 points in 34 games as a freshman, and there's that connection with U. of Michigan.

I’ve never been a big Zadina fan, but watching what Laine is doing in WPG with that release, makes me wonder how amazing it would be to get an elite shooting pure goal scorer up front.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Vancouver fan checking in. Go Buffalo. ;)

In all seriousness though, Tanev is coming back shortly for Vancouver. Still won't be able to score, mind you, but the Canucks may let in a few less goals. Unfortunately.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Vancouver fan checking in. Go Buffalo. ;)

In all seriousness though, Tanev is coming back shortly for Vancouver. Still won't be able to score, mind you, but the Canucks may let in a few less goals. Unfortunately.
You get Tanev we get Eichel. I wonder who the higher impact player is...

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Vancouver has a six-point head start on us. Really, it's more like a 7-point lead given that they have four more ROWs than us right now. That's a lot of ground to make up over 15 games. Even if we played .500 hockey in our last 15 games - our best 15-game stretch this season is 7-6-2 - the VanCans probably only need to a 4-10-1 finish to stay ahead of us.
Come again? :)

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Vancouver's got this I think, now have played 2 more games than us and are only 3 points ahead. They have no offense and a crappy goalie.

Here we are 49 years later, the two ugly expansion sisters, old maids who've never won a Cup in a battle to be crowned the worst team in the league.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Vancouver has gotta be the ones to finish last here. I would say Buffalo is a lock to pick up at least 11 points in the next 13 games. Vancouver would need 8 points in there next 11 to match Buffalo...that isn't going to happen.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Vancouver's got this I think, now have played 2 more games than us and are only 3 points ahead. They have no offense and a crappy goalie.

Here we are 49 years later, the two ugly expansion sisters, old maids who've never won a Cup in a battle to be crowned the worst team in the league.

Might not be the worst thing for us. We are 1-0 against them in draft lotteries for number 1!

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Looks like we are a lock for bottom 3 with Ottawas win last night. Which is essentially a lock for top5. So its around 6% to pick 6th at this point and the rest is 5th or better which will secure a great prospect any way we look at it. Still hope we can lock down at least 2nd from bottom but that means we have to be worse than Arizona for the remainder of the season.

sketch-1521269653731.png

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
NHL lottery odds are a ****ing joke
Whats wrong with them? If you are bottom 2 you have the dame chance to pick 1st and to pick 5th with most likely that you end up in the 2 to 4 range which is fine. If we finish bottom 2 we have just under 30% chance to hit on 1 of Svechnikov or Dahlin. Thats fairly decent for me in terms of something to be excited about. Now its all about locking down bottom 2 spot for me.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Looks like we are a lock for bottom 3 with Ottawas win last night. Which is essentially a lock for top5. So its around 6% to pick 6th at this point and the rest is 5th or better which will secure a great prospect any way we look at it. Still hope we can lock down at least 2nd from bottom but that means we have to be worse than Arizona for the remainder of the season.

View attachment 105271

What is the source of that image?

Have the lottery odds for this year been officially announced by the NHL, or is that just someone's guess based on previous years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad