Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON - The Price Is Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Well at least it was Manana we lost to. You can't expect to beat a good pitcher like that with Porcello much like you can't expect Price to beat the Yanks (or take the hill/go an inning.) We should trade for that dude.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Another year of the players and the baseballs battling each other to see which one can get more juiced......while the league pretends neither are happening.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Carson Smith to DL with shoulder injury from throwing his glove in dugout last night. Dombrowski says it’s potentially a major injury. Going for second opinion. And Thornburgh off rehab for few days with low velocity last night in Pawtucket. This bullpen is looking scary right now

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Carson Smith to DL with shoulder injury from throwing his glove in dugout last night. Dombrowski says it’s potentially a major injury. Going for second opinion. And Thornburgh off rehab for few days with low velocity last night in Pawtucket. This bullpen is looking scary right now

Are you shitting me? WTF?????

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Another case of the Dominican doctor. Dirty players from there.
Here’s the thing, the dieuretic is found in many medications but in this case, MLB was able to prove Cano used it as a masking agent. I wish they would disclose what he was masking.

Also, it appears that Cano tested positive at the beginning of the season but because of the appeals process was allowed to play.

If anything, MLB needs to speed up their appeals process or start forcing guys to sit until their appeal is heard.

Reactions: BMC

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Swihart wants to be traded.

from cbssports.com:

It wasn't long ago that Blake Swihart looked like a core piece for the Boston Red Sox. Now in the Arizona Diamondbacks front office, former prospect writer Jason Parks published a scouting report in 2013 that described Swihart as a "switch-hitting catcher with legit defensive skills and a projectable hit tool." In other words, Swihart had the chance to be an asset.

Swihart has since dealt with injuries and offered underwhelming performances. He's without options, meaning he can't be sent to the minors without passing through waivers. The Red Sox, in response, have kept him on their big-league bench, albeit seldom deploying him in games. As of Wednesday morning, he'd hit .138/.219/.172 in 29 at-bats over Boston's first 42 games.

Predictably, Swihart isn't happy about serving as a human paperweight -- to the point where his agent, Brodie Scoffield, has requested a trade, per Evan Drellich of NBC Sports Boston:

Swihart earlier in May said he would leave the trade topic to Scoffield. Scoffield declined to comment at the time. Now, with more than a quarter of the season completed and Swihart still serving no purpose other than "protection for us as a third catcher," as Dombrowski put it Tuesday, Scoffield is pushing for change.

Scoffield notes the Red Sox are ripe for a change, given second baseman Dustin Pedroia is nearing a return from offseason knee surgery. When Pedroia comes back, Boston will have to sort out their bench situation: Sandy Leon figures to remain the backup catcher, and Mitch Moreland cannot be optioned to the minors. That leaves Swihart and utility man Brock Holt as the candidates for dismissal. Holt does have an option left, but he's played well while receiving more opportunities than Swihart. As such, Swihart would seem to be the odd man out.

Full story here: www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/agent-wants-the-red-sox-to-trade-blake-swihart-so-here-are-some-potential-fits-for-him/

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
He’s an absolute moron. Unacceptable. Ugh

I think this is a little overboard TBH.

I'd pin this more as a freak injury than anythign else. He threw his glove in frustration for giving up a run late. I used to throw my glove down or at the dugout bench after getting taken out of the game when I didn't think I should've been, or if I didn't do my job on the mound, so I get it.

It's not like he punched a wall or something.

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Blake Swihart kind of sucks and never reached his potential because John Farrell was dumb and tried to put him in left field and he ran into the wall.

We don't need to keep a .170 hitter around.

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->