2018 qmjhl draft

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Would anyone know where these 2002-born players are this year?

Marcus Gilpin (last year with Abitibi Bantam AAA)
Jonathan Gagnon (last year with Antoine Girouard Bantam AAA)
Lee Chiang (last year with Lions North Bantam AAA)

I thought they were pretty good players, definitely candidates to be drafted into the QMJHL. But I can't seem to find anything on them this season.

Thanks.
Chiang's father moved the family back to Toronto because his kid wasn't garunteed a spot in Midget AAA, which is funny because he would of been their best player and was the best player amongst LSL 02's last year.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
He is no longer playing in Ontario. I heard that he moved the family back to Quebec in the last month or so.

Pricerrr

Nov 12, 2017
Speaking of LSL 02's, what are your thoughts on defenseman Kevin Pavlovic currently playing Midget Espoir with Lac st Louis Tigers? He has progressed well since playing Bantam AAA and is a physical force who is defensively aware and is producing offensively as well.

AlBundy

Jun 9, 2015
Speaking of LSL 02's, what are your thoughts on defenseman Kevin Pavlovic currently playing Midget Espoir with Lac st Louis Tigers? He has progressed well since playing Bantam AAA and is a physical force who is defensively aware and is producing offensively as well.

He progressed very well last year in Bantam AAA and was instrumental in his team's run at the Dodge cup last spring. This year he his a leader of the top Midget Espoir team in Quebec.
Big strong physical kid, fast, good shot - I see him getting drafted but not playing in the Q at 16.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
HockeyProspect.com published their top 25 prospects yesterday FYI

It has been a busy couple of weeks for us at HP, to recap:

-we released our top-25 from Quebec on November 13 2018 QMJHL Draft: Top 25 Prospects from Quebec - HockeyProspect.com | 2018 NHL Draft

-Our top 25 from Atlantic Canada on November 20 2018 QMJHL Draft: Top 25 Prospects from Atlantic region - HockeyProspect.com | 2018 NHL Draft

-Monctonian tournament report with notes on 96 players and over 9000 + words 2017 Monctonian Challenge - Nov 16-19, 2017 - HockeyProspect.com | 2018 NHL Draft

-Midget Espoir top 25 , November edition after the first Espoir tournament of the year 2018 QMJHL Draft: Midget Espoir Top 25 Rankings, November 30, 2017 - HockeyProspect.com | 2018 NHL Draft

Next week, 4 of our scouts will be in Gatineau for the CCM Challenge. 24 teams will be there, all 15 midget AAA team from Quebec, 1 All Star team from Midget Espoir, 2 from Ontario, 5 teams from Atlantic Canada & 1 from USA.

Full rankings, tournament/game reports are available with subscription and you also get our QMJHL Draft guide for free around mid-May when it's released. QMJHL Pass Membership - HockeyProspect.com | 2018 NHL Draft

Last edited:

AlBundy

Jun 9, 2015
2018 Draft order ??? The Draft order is a function of the final standings and the Draft lottery...

catsrookie

Jan 13, 2017
2018 Draft order ??? The Draft order is a function of the final standings and the Draft lottery...
yes Iam aware of that but does anyone know what qmjhl drafts by picks.. I believe that the Ramparts have moncton's first round pick based on standings and lottery draw.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
see the first post on this site. This guy keeps really good track of picks

Banques de choix 2018-2019-2020

BTW it's actually Moncton that owns the Remps 1st pick. They got it from Halifax for moving down in the draft last year. Halifax originally got it from the Fucale trade like 3 years ago.

jahd

Jan 12, 2015
We posted our top-50 for the 2018 QMJHL Draft December edition , Josh Lawrence is our top ranked prospect. Lukas Cormier from Moncton is 5th. Then 2-3-4 spot you have the top 3 Quebec skaters in William Villeneuve, Hendrix Lapierre & Patrick Guay.

2018 QMJHL Draft: Top 50 Prospects Ranking, December 18th - HockeyProspect.com | 2018 NHL Draft

Four of the top 10 (Lapierre F #96, Bordeleau F #71, Poirier D #44, and Provost F #91) played together on the 02 Ice Warriors this summer at the Montreal Meltdown. Game video of one of their games the Ice Warriors (5) vs. Vreds Black 02 (1) is online here:

Ice Warriors lost in the Championship vs. Vred Red 02 (featuring Josh Lawrence) after having a very tough game vs. Jr. Canadians, and a very short rest before the championship.

On the Vreds Black team (gray jerseys) in the video, you can see Beers (F #86), Martin (F #65), Arsenault (F #77) and Lynch (D #92) currently with Newbridge U16, Wilson (D #68) with Kings Edge Hill U16, Kelly (F #67) and Stuckless (F #73) with the NLMMHL East Coast Blizzard, Bowness (F #87) of Saint John Vitos, Sam McKinney (D #74) with Fredericton Canadians and Ben Roode (D #83) with Dartmouth Steele Subaru amongst others...

Last edited:

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
We updated & expanded our rankings, our list is now a top-100. Top-10 is free on the site and the rest is available for subscribers. Will do this again at the end of February (top-150 this time) after the Midget Espoir tournament in Boisbriand/St-Eustache and that will be our last rankings before the final list in May that will be available in our QMJHL Draft Guide

1Josh LawrenceF5-9 163Selects Hockey Academy U16USHS
2Hendrix LapierreF5-11 161Intrepide GatineauLHMAAAQ
3William VilleneuveD6-0 154Cantonniers MagogLHMAAAQ
4Jeremie PoirierD6-0 177Grenadiers ChateauguayLHMAAAQ
5Patrick GuayF5-8 155Cantonniers MagogLHMAAAQ
6Pier-Olivier RoyF5-9 156Chevaliers LevisLHMAAAQ
7Lukas CormierD5-8 155Moncton FlyersNBPEIMMHL
8Thomas BordeleauF5-9 163Phenix College Esther-BlondinLHMAAAQ
9Mavrik BourqueF5-9 154Estacades Trois-RivieresLHMAAAQ
10Charles BeaudoinF6-0 168Cantonniers MagogLHMAAAQ
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

2018 QMJHL Draft Rankings: Top 100 Prospects, January 30th - HockeyProspect.com | 2018 NHL Draft

jahd

Jan 12, 2015
We updated & expanded our rankings, our list is now a top-100. Top-10 is free on the site and the rest is available for subscribers. Will do this again at the end of February (top-150 this time) after the Midget Espoir tournament in Boisbriand/St-Eustache and that will be our last rankings before the final list in May that will be available in our QMJHL Draft Guide.

I assume HP be at the Gatorade Challenge at the end of April?

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
How's Matt Choupani for anyone's who's seen him? Saw his name early on before the season, but not so much since

good player, skating is lacking a bit at this point but has above average puck skills and does well in small areas with the puck. Not sure of his intention major junior vs NCAA but with this draft being pretty wide open if he commit to major junior he could go in my opinion between round 3 and 5.

Fyi,i didn't posted on this thread for a while but earlier this month we released our march rankings for the Q draft, this was a top-150 list. Our final list will be available in our QMJHL Draft Guide (available in both english and french), this will be our 6th edition of the guide.

2018 QMJHL Draft: Top 150 Prospects, March 8th, 2018 - HockeyProspect.com | 2018 NHL Draft

Reactions: shello

shello

Mar 5, 2011
Dana Point, CA
good player, skating is lacking a bit at this point but has above average puck skills and does well in small areas with the puck. Not sure of his intention major junior vs NCAA but with this draft being pretty wide open if he commit to major junior he could go in my opinion between round 3 and 5.

Fyi,i didn't posted on this thread for a while but earlier this month we released our march rankings for the Q draft, this was a top-150 list. Our final list will be available in our QMJHL Draft Guide (available in both english and french), this will be our 6th edition of the guide.

2018 QMJHL Draft: Top 150 Prospects, March 8th, 2018 - HockeyProspect.com | 2018 NHL Draft

Ahhh I figured skating was going to something that thus far holds him back. Appreciate the reply!

jahd

Jan 12, 2015
So nobody blew the doors off at the QMJHL Gatorade Frost Challenge.

Top scorer Lapierre was under 2PPG. Past years have seen multiple players in the 2-3PPG category.

Seemed to be more parity this year than typical I guess - Team PEI had their best showing ever, and came close to claiming Bronze but lost in a Shootout to NB.

Team NL started the tournament slow vs. NS giving up some questionable goals in a game that was closer than the 5-2 score, but they rebounded to beat NB in OT in the round robin and they took NS to OT in the 5-6 final.

NL's 2-1 loss to PEI was one of the fastest pace games of the tournament - but that may have been partly due to being played on the smaller Desjardins rink.

Quebec White were impressive physically - lots of big strong players on their roster. But the skill on Quebec Blue prevailed in both their round robin matchup and the 1-2 final which ended in a 7-1 blowout.

A couple of the big names like Lawrence and David had relatively quiet tournaments - they both put up respectable points but didn't dominate consistently and were shutdown in one or more games during the tournament.

NB was notably missing some names from the Moncton team at the Telus Cup that could have helped them round out their roster.

I thought Ben Allison looked strong for NS throughout - he's one example I think may have his stock rise as a result of his showing this past weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->