Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

8kcGAGp.jpg

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Don't think there is an athlete I want to see win gold more then McMorris in this years Olympics. What an unbelievably tough 4 years for that man.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Laurie Blouin - defending world champ and gold medal threat - caught a rut on a trick, crashed and is being attended. be well Laurie.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Snowboarding was basically Canada and Norway dominating and everyone else a step behind lol

Finals is 12 person final. 4 Canadians and 4 Norwegians. Crazy.

I feel sorry for the Austrian guy. Both of his scores would have qualified in Group A, but since he was in Group B he failed to make the final. That's rough. Hell if you combined both scores he would be #4 overall (I know that doesn't work cause already qualified guys don't really try in 2nd run etc but still).

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Finals is 12 person final. 4 Canadians and 4 Norwegians. Crazy.

I feel sorry for the Austrian guy. Both of his scores would have qualified in Group A, but since he was in Group B he failed to make the final. That's rough. Hell if you combined both scores he would be #4 overall (I know that doesn't work cause already qualified guys don't really try in 2nd run etc but still).

Does anyone know why they split it into heats? It makes sense to do that when you are racing against others (like in snowcross), but I don't understand why they would do it this way.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I believe it is mostly to give them time to maintain the condition on the hill. The first group was definitely weaker but it also cleared up a lot for the second group which can help a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad