2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | FIGURE SKATING | Feb 9th - 23rd

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So happy for USA. Mirai and Adam overcame so much to get to where they are today. Simply fantastic.

I love the Shibutani’s. The way they are able to adapt their programs is refreshing. It can’t be easy to compete as siblings in a discipline that relies heavily on romanticism.

I love Tessa and Scott but I absolutely hated last night’s program. The music was far too sandpaper for me.

Congrats to Canada!

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I love how salty the American media, who know nothing about figure skating, were that Rippon was robbed. First, it was a team event so he wasn't robbed of anything. Second, if you play it safe you will get a lower score, its messed up yes, but its how the judges score.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I love how salty the American media, who know nothing about figure skating, were that Rippon was robbed. First, it was a team event so he wasn't robbed of anything. Second, if you play it safe you will get a lower score, its messed up yes, but its how the judges score.
It's actually hilarious how upset they are getting over something that means absolutely nothing in how the medals ended up being handed out lol.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's actually hilarious how upset they are getting over something that means absolutely nothing in how the medals ended up being handed out lol.

This has been a pretty disappointing Olympics for them so far so I don't really blame them. You tend to focus on little irrelevant things when the performance hasn't been up to par.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
It didn't make a difference in the event, no. Weir and Lipinski seem to be just fans of skating in general and are mostly unbiased -- I also thought it was pretty strange that Rippon's artistry/components were barely higher than the Russian skater's. They've called out odd-scoring whenever it happens, regardless of nationality.

Last edited:

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I picked an interesting time to turn on the tv. They were showing replay of the German pair in slow mo talking about her great form and all I see is her butt filling the entire screen in HD. :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->