2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | FIGURE SKATING | Feb 9th - 23rd

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
What does Osmond need to place here to make life easier for the rest of the Team Event?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That pretty much wraps it for the team event. I would be surprised if Russia caught Canada and Japan or Italy aren’t catching the US in either of the remaining events

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If Chan is skating the men's free, he could choke. He has before.

They still look safe now. The US may not medal now. I do not know much about whether Rizzo is better than Rippon but Kostner SHOULD beat Nagasu, and if she does so handily the US will probably fall to 4th.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
while admittedly i have stopped watching figure skating and have becoming a 1 x 4 year girl.. they have changed SO much now.. like what's the flashing light thing in the corner..

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
If Chan is skating the men's free, he could choke. He has before.

Is there another option or does it have to be Chan?

Seems like all they need is a solid not great performance to win and Chan with his history seems like a 6 point skate coming up.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Is there another option or does it have to be Chan?

Seems like all they need is a solid not great performance to win and Chan with his history seems like a 6 point skate coming up.

He has already been confirmed to skate.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
And just like that the door is open for the US and even Italy to move up to 2nd.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
When you think about it the team event is highly flawed. Since its ranking that determines things you can in essence be jobbed by a team that is supposed to do well choking. You really should not be penalized by the fact your opponent trailing you who beats you by what is not much finishes first because two other superior teams flubbed their routine.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
When you think about it the team event is highly flawed. Since its ranking that determines things you can in essence be jobbed by a team that is supposed to do well choking. You really should not be penalized by the fact your opponent trailing you who beats you by what is not much finishes first because two other superior teams flubbed their routine.
It brings some unpredictability into the whole competition though. I like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->