MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

ZEe8FaM.jpg

Last edited:

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Not the greatest skate by Chan. Hopefully he can bounce back in the free skate.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Russian finished eighth. Yikes.

Chan finishing third despite a shaky skate tells you all you need to know about the way the men's short program went tonight.

Puts the Canadian team in a solid position going forward though.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Russian finished eighth. Yikes.

Chan finishing third despite a shaky skate tells you all you need to know about the way the men's short program went tonight.

Puts the Canadian team in a solid position going forward though.

Chanflation. he usually gets a lot of points based on his artistry.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I’m pretty sure the ice has to be bad. It’s hard to understand how that many falls could occur otherwise. I guess it’s possible because the first couple of guys fell it could get into the heads of the ensuing skaters and you have a chain reaction but that was crazy

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
So. basically

Tessa/Scott clean up for Dance, and if Canada does well in Women's we should be clear sailin.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Doesn’t Canada usually do poorly in skating? I recall the one team that won the gold after the judge fiasco years ago but otherwise don’t recall many Canadian skaters medaling since then

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
The way they do this team competition is to give US and Canada a chance. A real team competition would be like 3 skaters/pairs in each genre. Then Russia would easily win because they have plenty of depth in every genre.

Hopefully Kolyada having an out of the ordinary bad skate in the short doesn't cost Russia the gold.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That mens skate was crazy. The 5 point gap between Canada and OAR in that event will certainly help them moving forward(4 point gap now), as well as beating Chen in the mens short program. Not that in tune with who are the favorites here but heard it was Canada/OAR with USA maybe for Bronze, is that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn’t Canada usually do poorly in skating? I recall the one team that won the gold after the judge fiasco years ago but otherwise don’t recall many Canadian skaters medaling since then

Actually, they've generally been one of the stronger countries in figure skating. They have the 3rd most medals all time. And are tied for 2nd in medals in the 3 Olympics since the pairs figure skating controversy you refer to.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
honestly, other than a complete melt down I can't see why they don't win gold.
they should have won gold 4 years ago.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Do the points reset in the “finals” of the team event?

Or does Canada being so far ahead matter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad