2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | CURLING | Feb 8th - 25th

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
DWyiAwQVMAA-8H3.jpg

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
What a stupid last stone by the Brits. Why play a fast stone and hope for the best? I don't get it.
The Japanese women are so happy.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Wow! Congrats to the lunch bucket crew. This is kind of like the new Miracle on Ice. NO ONE would have given these guys any chance at all at the start of the tournament. It will be interesting to see if they fade away now or if they can start to contend consistently on the world stage.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
After watching Schuster in Vancouver in 2010 and Sochi in 2014, I never imagined he'd ever win gold. What a turnaround for him. Heck they were 2-4 here and all but done. Pretty amazing and congrats to Schuster and his crew.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I admit I'm ignorant in curling: what countries are the "powerhouses"?

In Mens Canada and Sweden are the powerhouses. They have won 8 (Canada-6 Sweden-2) of the last 10 World Championships with Canada has won 3 of the last 4 Gold at Olympics.

Norway, Scotland and Switzerland have had their moments as well but they are not as consistent as Canada and Sweden.

The Womens game seems to have more variance. The Canadian women are at the top but nowhere near as dominant as the men.

As for Shuster, I am obviously a non-believer and as someone said we'll see what it means but I think this is much more of a Mike Harris great run type of deal than a team starting to emerge as a consistent threat. They have been around ling enough and easily beat so many times I doubt they miraculously found something to change that.

Reactions: Fighter

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I just saw the replay of the gold medal game on CBC, hats off to the American team. Never would have expected that. It's like an Olympic hockey tournament where all the best show up and then Slovakia wins. I'm curious if the American media will make a big fuss about the win, as it is a pretty big and unexpected one.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I just saw the replay of the gold medal game on CBC, hats off to the American team. Never would have expected that. It's like an Olympic hockey tournament where all the best show up and then Slovakia wins. I'm curious if the American media will make a big fuss about the win, as it is a pretty big and unexpected one.

From what I hear, Diggins was even more unexpected which is why she's getting the flag tonight.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they had to decide again they probably would pick Shuster, but they didn't wait to do it.

In the women's final, Sweden up 4-1 at the break. Korea seems flustered by the stage.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Swedish women are playing great right now. So very few mistakes while the Korean are missing a few and gave up some steals that have put them behind.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Korea is having issues just keeping their stones in play. Couldn’t get in the rings and then went right through them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anna Hasselborg was a stone cold killer today.

Sweden women golden again.

Reactions: JimboA

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Great tournament for the hosts too, no shame in losing to the best. With China hosting next time the Swedes and the Scots will have even more work preventing an all-Asian podium.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Would have been a great story for Korea. But Sweden was just too good today. And Annie gave the game out of hand in the first half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad