Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
1. Norway
2. Sweden
3. OAR
4. Finland
5. USA

Very impressed with USA, even if a country with 320 mill citizens should be able to find a good relay-team ;)

Last edited:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Anna Haag :mad:

Me right now
when-youre-watching-the-olympics-like-a-lazy-piece-of-30835217.png

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
When Nilsson is right there with a 37 year old Björgen on the last hill, you can hardly blame Haag.

I don't really blame Haag, I blame Grip the Swedish coach. Haag has been terrible this season and it should have been Ingermarsdotter instead of her.

Stina did more than I expected, me and probably most people didn't think she would be able to hang with Björgen for 5km. She probably needed about 10 seconds so she could go easy that first lap.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
I don't really blame Haag, I blame Grip the Swedish coach. Haag has been terrible this season and it should have been Ingermarsdotter instead of her.

Stina did more than I expected, me and probably most people didn't think she would be able to hang with Björgen for 5km. She probably needed about 10 seconds so she could go easy that first lap.

If you could go back in time and change it, we might have swapped Jacobsen for Weng. So don't go there, dude:laugh:-

Bjørgen now got 7 Olympic gold, Bjørndalen has 8. They are even on the medal count, with 13.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
If you could go back in time and change it, we might have swapped Jacobsen for Weng. So don't go there, dude:laugh:-

Bjørgen now got 7 Olympic gold, Bjørndalen has 8. They are even on the medal count, with 13.
I know. But didn't people in Norway want Weng out of this? I didn't see any swede who thought Haag was the right choice, everyone was questioning her :laugh:

Marit and Stina held a similiar pace to Haga(a few seconds more but also a little longer track with the finnish) which is very impressive by Stina who is a sprinter. Another year or two and she would have been strong enough to sprint her down

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I can get behind that. I don`t know why he picked Haag. Perhaps her supposedly better endurance compared to the sprinter Ingemarsdotter.
And I don`t blame Nilsson as well, Björgen is a cannibal. Kept the pace high except the short distance right before the sprint. You could see that Nilsson was done.

Reactions: Glory

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Can someone give any insight to what`s up with Weng? She has a great season, then comes in 9th in the skiathlon, doesn`t qualify for the sprint, rank 11 in the 10km and is scratched for the relay. Too many races, is she tired? Injury? German telly said nothing.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Can someone give any insight to what`s up with Weng? She has a great season, then comes in 9th in the skiathlon, doesn`t qualify for the sprint, rank 11 in the 10km and is scratched for the relay. Too many rraces, is she tired? Injury? German telly said nothing.

I think so. Specially doing tour de ski do I think was a big mistake. the Swedes, Björgen and I think Haga aswell have been very picky with which races they have been doing and basically only focused on being in the best possible shape for the olympics

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I know. But didn't people in Norway want Weng out of this? I didn't see any swede who thought Haag was the right choice, everyone was questioning her :laugh:

Marit and Stina held a similiar pace to Haga(a few seconds more but also a little longer track with the finnish) which is very impressive by Stina who is a sprinter. Another year or two and she would have been strong enough to sprint her down
Lets see how she develops, often when getter better endurance cross country athletes lose their ability to be on top of the sprint. She is still sooo young for a top cross country skier.

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Haag finished her stage in 13:50. Jacobsen (obviously the stage after) 14:15.

Haag´s stage wasn´t that bad. Just that the first 3 did really well on the first stage.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I think so. Specially doing tour de ski do I think was a big mistake. the Swedes, Björgen and I think Haga aswell have been very picky with what races they have been doing and basically only focused on being in the best possible shape for the olympics
That would be bitter if that six races bit her in the end. Because she would have peaked at the right time. But I can see that.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
And by the way the Russian went 2s faster on the 1st compared to Kalla on the 2nd. I´m assuming the track is a bit slower on the 2nd, but still....

Haga is the stand out. Especially since freestyle is around 2min faster (so less time for her to catch up to the others).

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Can someone give any insight to what`s up with Weng? She has a great season, then comes in 9th in the skiathlon, doesn`t qualify for the sprint, rank 11 in the 10km and is scratched for the relay. Too many races, is she tired? Injury? German telly said nothing.

The difficulty in making a Norwegian relay team in cross-country skiing, or even making the national team in cross-country skiing, could probably be compared to making the US realy team in 4* 100 meter sprint. Even if the comparision has limitations, I don't mean to say we excpect a win or medal with the same probability. But the depth in Norway on cross-country skiing is fantastic.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
The difficulty in making a Norwegian relay team in cross-country skiing, or even making the national team in cross-country skiing, could probably be compared to making the US realy team in 4* 100 meter sprint. Even if the comparision has limitations, I don't mean to say we excpect a win or medal with the same probability. But the depth in Norway on cross-country skiing is fantastic.
I get that, but Weng is no1 in the World Cup and generally considered a very good athlete. As seen, Norway doesn`t need her but when an athlete like her is cut, it`s not an everyday decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad