2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING | Feb 10th - 25th

Oct 18, 2006
The way he ran up those hills, it`s hard to imagine. Sometimes I wonder why he wears skis, though. A very unorthodox technique.
Pellegrino just put in a similar burst up the hills, I think we know who the main challenger is.

Oct 18, 2006
Far out, Bolshunov and Hakola were real quick. This is setting up as a real classic final.

Oct 18, 2006
You guys called it, Nilsson too good! Falla just a tad too slow off the start, gave Nelsson a slight edge which she maintained the whole way.

Now for Klaebo.

Oct 18, 2006
Klaebo is just a monster, far too good. Sprint King. A machine up the hills and has a burst no one catch match. This will give him confidence, it'll be interesting to watch him in the remaining races. You'd imagine he's going to add a few more medals to this one.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Klaebo is just a monster, far too good. Sprint King. A machine up the hills and has a burst no one catch match. This will give him confidence, it'll be interesting to watch him in the remaining races. You'd imagine he's going to add a few more medals to this one.
Team sprint should be a comfortable win.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I just watched the women`s final and that was very close between Falla and Belorukova. Almost lost the silver.
The men`s final even more dramatic between Pellegrino and Bolshunov. Klaebo ist just incredible.

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not sure if the team sprint will be a comfortable win for Norway. Even if the competition is probably weaker than expected with Sweden being a bit lost (unless something changes) and Russia being weakened. Not given that Klæbo will beat Pellegrino in freestyle if the Italians can keep up - which they very well could. Norway got a lot of good, but not necessarily very good skiers to pair up with Klæbo.

Team sprints can be a bit tricky at times. All of a sudden someone got no gas left (like Iversen last year).

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Stefan Löfvén (Swedish PM) calling gold medalists makes me throw up a little. He has no part in their success whatsoever, then using it to gain popularity. Thought he'd stop after getting booed by our hockey team last spring...

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Stefan Löfvén (Swedish PM) calling gold medalists makes me throw up a little. He has no part in their success whatsoever, then using it to gain popularity. Thought he'd stop after getting booed by our hockey team last spring...

Yeah. That guy is a :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Got a very punchable face aswell :box:

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Thank you Krista!! Last 1,5 km was absolutely incredible performance by Krista. Difference was 3,5 + seconds for Bjöergen at 8,5 km.

Reactions: LiveeviL

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Couple of hours until ladies 4x5 relay. Can only see 5 nations having a shot at medal in this one, those are Norway, Sweden, Finland, USA and Russia. If Norway is up there in the top group or close to after the first two runners they will be VERY hard to beat with Haga and Björgen with the last two runs.

If Sweden wants a chance at gold I think Nilsson needs to go out with a decent gap over Björgen, I don't think she will be able to keep the pace for 5km that Björgen will set up. And with the form Haga showed the other day I doubt that will happen

Norway: Ingvild Flugstad Östberg – Astrid Uhrenholdt Jacobsen – Ragnhild Haga – Marit Björgen
Sweden: Anna Haag – Charlotte Kalla – Ebba Andersson – Stina Nilsson
Finland: Aino Kaisa Saarinen – Kerttu Niskanen – Riita Liisa Roponen – Krista Pärmäkoski
USA: Sophie Caldwell – Sadie Bjornsen – Kikkan Randall – Jessica Diggins
OAR(Russia): Natalia Neprayeva – Yulia Belorukova – Anastasia Sedova – Anna Nechaevskaya
Germany: Stefanie Böhler – Katharina Hening – Victoria Carl – Sandra Ringwald
Switzerland: Laurien van der Graaf – Nadine Faehndrich – Nathalie von Siebentahl – Lydia Hiernickel
Poland: Ewelina Marcisz – Justyna Kowalczyk – Martyna Galewicz – Sylwia Jaskowiec
Italy: Anna Comarella – Lucia Scardoni – Elisa Brocard – Ilaria Debertolis
Canada: Dahria Betty – Emily Nishikawa – Cendrine Browne – Anne Marie Comeau
Czech Republic: Katerina Berouskova – Karloina Grohova – Petra Novakova – Barbora Havlickova
Slovenia: Anamarija Lampic – Katja Visnar – Alenka Cebasek – Vesna Fabjan
France: Aurore Jean – Anouk Faivre Picon – Coraline Thomas Hugue – Delphine Claudel
Belarus: Anastasia Kirillova – Yulia Tikhonova – Polina Seronosova – Valiantsina Kaminskaya

Last edited:
Reactions: Filppula

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Looking like the Russians are in with the classical Norwegian relay-tactics: Start hard and then increase successively. Excellent. Get rid of all the passengers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad