2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING | Feb 10th - 25th

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Harvey getting 4th is important though, just in case...

I thought it was a bit funny to see such a strong battle for fourth right at the very end even when they knew they weren't going to get a medal. I wonder if that possibility was in the back of their minds.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I thought it was a bit funny to see such a strong battle for fourth right at the very end even when they knew they weren't going to get a medal. I wonder if that possibility was in the back of their minds.
Maybe. But also they are just competitors, it's in their nature to fight until the race is over.

Reactions: Filppula

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Of course it was lol. You don’t see a sprint like that for 4th.

myzteriouz

Dec 4, 2011
Thank God Poltoranin totally collapsed and fell way out of the medal race, his complete refusal to help Niskanen even for a minute to take the lead and try to widen the gap in the middle of the race when they were pulling away was annoying, good he didn't get a free ride! Niskanen and Bolsjunov had to basically work alone from 40min forward, amazing they lasted the whole way

Reactions: Asiantuntija

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
To be fair Poltoranin must have known he can't afford to set the pace in such an attack mode. The Norwegians had a much more disappointing performance, never making a move and losing everything in the end.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
At finish line in Sochi there were 25 skiers within one minute, today only two within two minutes (and 26 within ten minutes).

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
At finish line in Sochi there were 25 skiers within one minute, today only two within two minutes (and 26 within ten minutes).
Hate those damn Sunday races.. Niskanen showed what happen's to sprinters when you keep the pace high for the whole 50 km not for the last 1-2 km..

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I just finished watching the race. Chapeau to Niskanen. Bitter for Sundby and Harvey. That 50km is always a highlight for me.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Great 2nd place by Harvey,

getting beat by 2 deoped russiand and beating an astmathic doped norwegians!

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

Well, the claim is it is never an advantage to have asthma. And they do claim it is of no use -speedwise- with that medicine for a healthy person though, and apparently the international medical dudes say the same.

They do talk about it a lot. Running around in the forests in minus 20 is not good for your lungs. So, they have the attitude they need to stop it early, and then they might end up having some skiers who has the diagnosis where others might still not have given it to them.

There are also a lot of non-Norwegian skiers with asthma.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
All of Norwegians have it and all at the maximum effect so they can get doped more and hide more stuff... oh well

cannot say anything bad about Norway.. it's like Germans not having an equipment advantage in sliding sports..

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford

Making baseless accusations again ? Bolshunov has been tested all season long and last. He's a great talent and junior world champion. Norway only had two athletes banned but of course that must tar the rest as being cheats too. Your miserable contributions on the figure skating are also tiresome just because you think somehow that Osmond is better than the Russian girls.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Only 2 banned...but all of them have max asthma and consumed 4 medicines to help them....oh well

it is what it is...

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Well, the claim is it is never an advantage to have asthma. And they do claim it is of no use -speedwise- with that medicine for a healthy person though, and apparently the international medical dudes say the same.

They do talk about it a lot. Running around in the forests in minus 20 is not good for your lungs. So, they have the attitude they need to stop it early, and then they might end up having some skiers who has the diagnosis where others might still not have given it to them.

There are also a lot of non-Norwegian skiers with asthma.
Exercise induced asthma is not uncommon in cross country disciplines. (still strange that more cross coutry skiers have it than biathletes).
But the medical dudes actually say that some asthma medicine has an anabolical effect.
Anyway, as long as it's taken controlled and prescribed, it's not forbidden. It is something that's being looked at.

Last edited:

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Pärmäkoski has good chance for gold tomorrow. Björgen could be little bit gas out after all these races & Pärmäkoski has been on good form whole competition.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Bolshunov is great talent but sore loser. So much excuses after my man Iivo broke his backbone & made him gas out.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
About two hours until the last race of the Olympics, women's 30km. Who do you guys think will medal? My guess in no particular order: Björgen, Kalla and Pärmäkoski. If Björgen or Kalla medals it would mean they have a medal in every race they participated in which would be very impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->