2018 Pyeongchang Olympics| ALPINE SKIING | Feb 11th-24th

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
You wonder if the schedule change was the issue here. This event was supposed to be days ago

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It also looked like it was getting really windy for the final runs.

I did not notice that but I expected it would be windy enough today they would not even get this in. They may have done it in less than ideal conditions.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Well deserved Gold for Frida Hansdotter. A long career with a break-through lately. No worse than 5th during the whole season.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Yes, do you know if it was food poisoning or sheer nervousness? Anyway she has a gold already so it is not total doom and gloom.
According to her she just was riding more passive than usual... She attributed that to nerves.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Super G is delayed 1 hour. It may need to be delayed further. Winds drop off to nothing by 1pm so unless they have a quick trigger finger they should get this in.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Vonn's age coupled with having to go first on what have been somewhat unusual courses so far is iffy. She's probably going to need help from some of the better skiers

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Did I hear correctly that Vonn didn't take any training runs on this hill and deliberately avoided watching the men's competition? If so, her mistake seems to me like karma for thinking that she was so good that she didn't need to practice on or study the course.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Did I hear correctly that Vonn didn't take any training runs on this hill and deliberately avoided watching the men's competition? If so, her mistake seems to me like karma for thinking that she was so good that she didn't need to practice on or study the course.

I think it was the early start. Notice nobody who went in the first 5 medaled and all were considered decent medal favorites

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Even worse I hear she chose to go 1st...not sure why you would ever do that

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
So, I wasn't the only one who got the impression that Anna Veith had won gold before they went back to figure skating.
I think it was the early start. Notice nobody who went in the first 5 medaled and all were considered decent medal favorites

That may be true, but they were also saying that Vonn had a perfect, likely medal-worthy run until her big mistake.
Even worse I hear she chose to go 1st...not sure why you would ever do that

If so, then it's silly that, afterward, she blamed the track for still having "fluff" on it.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
What the hell. I just realized we got gold in Super G???? This is f***ing biggest think from Nagano. Everybody ski here. Ester I love you. Wtf..

Btw she is that girl who competes both in snowboard and skiing in this OGs

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
y2bfsobmwynltg6wy9tq.gif

Shaffins skis won GOLD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad