cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
cut.jpg
https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/photos/295897324/2568x1444/cut.jpg

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Seems like every year when this email comes out I always say to myself "I guess my money is safe"

This year.... I will tell the kids to get ready to eat Kraft dinner and hot dogs for a few weeks because I need the grocery money for my Jets playoff tickets :D :D

Money is not safe this year ....

It's funny, because we have only had to worry about paying for playoff tickets once before... imagine if you were a Detroit STH and were paying for playoff tickets for 25 straight years. :eek:

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I'm curious how these figures compare to other markets. Actually pretty reasonable imho. Under $70 to be in the house for a first round playoff game? Solid value.

m.

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The markup from regular season (and preseason) STH pricing to Face is about 45% I think (for P3s). So if that holds true, expect face value playoff P3's to be:
R1: $240
R2: $280
R3: $320
R4: $480

barrywpg

Nov 17, 2011
Seems like every year when this email comes out I always say to myself "I guess my money is safe"

This year.... I will tell the kids to get ready to eat Kraft dinner and hot dogs for a few weeks because I need the grocery money for my Jets playoff tickets :D :D

I'm not a STH so no playoff tickets for me.
On the other hand, I'm having lobster for lunch today.:D

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Well seeing the cost of P1, makes me glad I'm sitting up in ol' P7. LUCKILY, I get my annual bonus on May 1st so I will have the extra cash to cover a deep playoff run.

Reactions: Ducky10

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Money is not safe this year ....

It's funny, because we have only had to worry about paying for playoff tickets once before... imagine if you were a Detroit STH and were paying for playoff tickets for 25 straight years. :eek:

Well those Detroit fans are still lost in their new arena at all of the pizza and beer kiosks, they have bigger things to worry about now than making the playoffs and ticket costs:laugh:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I'm curious how these figures compare to other markets. Actually pretty reasonable imho. Under $70 to be in the house for a first round playoff game? Solid value.

m.

Pretty sure the round 3 & 4 pricing is pretty standard across the league. The first two rounds vary by market.

Round 3 double regular season prices and round 4 triple. So do the same math for the non STH pricing for an A game to figure out the street pricing

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I believe there will be game day playoff tickets released but I doubt they will last long.

I went to the first 2.0 Whiteout (gm3) and actually managed to get one pair (P7) in the general public sale and one pair (P2) in the waitlist and share partner sale. It was the main reason I was on the waitlist, access to playoff tix

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm really enjoying that playoff pricing came out the day after Wheeler's "we haven't even made the f***in' playoffs yet" comment :laugh:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm really enjoying that playoff pricing came out the day after Wheeler's "we haven't even made the ****in' playoffs yet" comment :laugh:

Extra motivation for the team? "look guys we already sent the e-mails out, you better clinch a spot in March :oops:" :laugh:

Edit: Also, I'm fairly certain they were waiting for a perfect morning to send out the playoff e-mails, it doesn't get much better than after an emotional, come from behind OT win. If the Jets had lost I bet it would have been delayed a couple more days.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Central Division probably won't see those x's until down to the wire.

Jets magic number to clinch is now at 45

For comparison here's the four division leaders magic numbers

Tampa 31
Vegas 40
Nashville 43
Washington 44

Reactions: Neuf

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Call me a bit stupid for not knowing, but how exactly does the magic number work?

It's a combination of points gained by the playoff team and points lost by the chasing team.

In Winnipeg's (and Nashville) case the current chasing team outside the playoffs who can achieve the highest points total is the Avalanche. So any combination of Jets points gained and Avalanche points lost that equals 45 will clinch a playoff spot. If we beat The Avs clean on friday then our magic number will decrease by 4 to 41. If the Avs beat us clean the number does not change.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
It's a combination of points gained by the playoff team and points lost by the chasing team.

In Winnipeg's (and Nashville) case the current chasing team outside the playoffs who can achieve the highest points total is the Avalanche. So any combination of Jets points gained and Avalanche points lost that equals 45 will clinch a playoff spot. If we beat The Avs clean on friday then our magic number will decrease by 4 to 41. If the Avs beat us clean the number does not change.
Let's get this number part of the 6 in 5 / playoff thread!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Well seeing the cost of P1, makes me glad I'm sitting up in ol' P7. LUCKILY, I get my annual bonus on May 1st so I will have the extra cash to cover a deep playoff run.
Gotta figure most people that have P1's have the money for playoff tickets too . Imagine watching the Jets skate around the ice with the cup from P1's , priceless . :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->