Proposal: 2018 Playoff Avatar: UPDATED POLL - SEE EXAMPLES IN OP, VOTING CLOSES WEDNESDAY

Choose your favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
This years ideas are not really inspiring me but Peanuts, Groundhog Day and Titanic are my top 3.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I don't get the freeway exit or Wilson ones. And the rest are ho hum as well.

The bar is low this year for playoff avatars it seems. Just as well.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't get the freeway exit or Wilson ones. And the rest are ho hum as well.

The bar is low this year for playoff avatars it seems. Just as well.

Well speaking for the Wilson idea, it refers to people who think TW is nothing but a dumb animal/thug/criminal/plug, and who often obsess on it

Reactions: Blades of Steel

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Well speaking for the Wilson idea, it refers to people who think TW is nothing but a dumb animal/thug/criminal/plug, and who often obsess on it

Ok,but there is no suttle reference to that or any mention of the playoffs. Just the Scooby Do crew and Wilson.

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
So for the tom wilson one I have this so far
Cvz8zxc.gif

The first frame I'm still working on the colors and text size but it can be customized with whatever anyone wants to put in there as long as it'll fit

I'd like to add a frame with refs in each gif instead of the random people dressed in blue.

I'm going through and getting any unmasking gifs I think will work with this. Its mainly scooby doo gifs just because they don't use as many colors and it makes it easier to fit multiple frames in a small file size.

Also I haven't added a final frame with the cup logo since I'm not sure if everyone wants that.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I can't decide! Can we take the top 3 and run a final poll to consolidate?
I would be fine with this if others are as well.

Ok,but there is no suttle reference to that or any mention of the playoffs. Just the Scooby Do crew and Wilson.
Pook has had limited time to develop the gifs. I would be fine if the Wilson reveal panel just said "Boo!" But suggestions are welcome.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So for the tom wilson one I have this so far
Cvz8zxc.gif

The first frame I'm still working on the colors and text size but it can be customized with whatever anyone wants to put in there as long as it'll fit

I'd like to add a frame with refs in each gif instead of the random people dressed in blue.

I'm going through and getting any unmasking gifs I think will work with this. Its mainly scooby doo gifs just because they don't use as many colors and it makes it easier to fit multiple frames in a small file size.

Also I haven't added a final frame with the cup logo since I'm not sure if everyone wants that.
Sounds great. I think add the final and we need a Caps logo somewhere.

Reactions: g00n

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
Oh and the first frame isn't definite either. If I can only find good unmasking gifs involving scooby doo I might change it to something closer to old 70s cartoon theme.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
The same Wilson avatar for everyone will be ok for me. I can't understand where we can find and how we will do so much Wilson themed avatars with no time left seemingly.

SC playoffs frame could be dropped too, I agree. Who cares? Just release Wilson.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Honestly, I think the "groundhog day" and "you can't be eliminated in the 2nd round" theme are best for "playoff" avatars and very fitting for the Caps.

I like the Scooby-Doo/Wilson unmasking avatars a lot and I understand the thought behind it but I don't see how they are really a good choice for playoff avatars.

The voters shall speak however.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If we're doing the unmasking theme then there need to be some Mission Impossible and Game of Thrones gifs as well.

Reactions: calicapsfan

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Honestly, I think the "groundhog day" and "you can't be eliminated in the 2nd round" theme are best for "playoff" avatars and very fitting for the Caps.

I like the Scooby-Doo/Wilson unmasking avatars a lot and I understand the thought behind it but I don't see how they are really a good choice for playoff avatars.

The voters shall speak however.

I think that's kind of the point... they have nothing to do with the playoffs, just trolling everyone with Tom Wilson.

If we went strictly based on playoff avatars, I don't think you can beat Groundhog Day. It's too perfect for this franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->