OT: 2018 Phillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm gonna break it down...

I saw them boo Billy Wagner one night because he didn't throw 100. He threw 100 a few pitches in a row, they're all excited, he threw 98 and they booed the s--- out of him.

That was likely because the fans wanted to see 100 on the scoreboard, they weren't booing Wagner. I remember those games, fans got excited to look at the speed after every pitch. It certainly wasn't booing Wagner.

Or Scott Rolen hitting two home runs in a game and coming up the last at-bat and not getting a hit and getting booed out of the stadium.

Probably because it happened at the end of the game and like usual, the Phillies lost. Fans want to see a win.

Or if I was taking groundballs … say I took 100 groundballs and the last ball, I make a bad throw or whatever, he'd like literally yell at me and tell me I wasn't that good. Or if I went 3 for 4, he would harp on why I didn't get the fourth hit. Like dumb stuff, it was always something.

That's because as a coach you want perfection, anything less is unacceptable. You should want to be perfect as a player and if you don't want to be I don't want you on my team.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Moustakas had to settle for a 1 year $5.5 mill and a mutual option in 2019. Baseball free agency blows.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
So If I read this right,

Starting Kingery off in AAA till Aug 13 gets the phillies an extra year of control, So I think Kingery will be up with Phillies on the 13th.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
How can you not offer Lynn more than 12 million for a year. Middleton wants a winner and he is willing to spend. They have 4 #5 starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->