OT: 2018 Ottawa Concert and Music Festival Thread

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Broken bones

I read it as "Broken Bells" and immediately got way too giddy until I realized it wasn't Broken Bells.

Definitely going to see Beck. I really want to see Courtney Barnett, but she's playing the same night as Dave Matthews Band, so I'll have to think on that one.

I also really, really want to see Jethro Tull, but my wife wants no part of that. I'll have to make alternate Tull viewing plans.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I read it as "Broken Bells" and immediately got way too giddy until I realized it wasn't Broken Bells.

Definitely going to see Beck. I really want to see Courtney Barnett, but she's playing the same night as Dave Matthews Band, so I'll have to think on that one.

I also really, really want to see Jethro Tull, but my wife wants no part of that. I'll have to make alternate Tull viewing plans.
I'm actually a fan of the Shins and Danger Mouse but St Paul and the Broken bones is a much better band than Broken Bells imo. Check them out. I've had the pleasure of seeing them at a few music festivals now and they're one of my favourite current live acts.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008

Herrrrrrmmmmm da skiddly bowwww ba derm.
beeeeeeeeeeee ba dooooooommmm boowwwww
dee ba do shooooobiddly fwow.

I just summarized 92% of Dave Matthew's songs for you.

you may now go see Courtney Barnett.

edit. I was singing all of those sounds in my mind with Dave's voice. haha.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Overall kinda disappointed but there's a lot of acts I definitely want to go see. Too bad they're afraid of booking big hip hop acts now, nothing will ever pass Chance/Kanye for me. Pretty excited for Brockhampton though,

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'll go on the day Courtney Barnett plays, and I don't care who is else gonna be there. In fact I only 3 or 4 other acts on that list anyway. (feels old and obsolete)

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Ok so I go on the bluesfest site and ticketmaster for presale and there is no option anywhere to purchase tickets. Here we go.....:rolleyes:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
So can someone explain the vip party zone? Double the price of a regular GA ticket and not even close to the main stage. I almost bought them till I looked at the map. Wtf....

Last edited:

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Picked up my general admission for the 10th...it's just expensive, 95$ for the day after fees and taxes. I can get a full 2 week pass in QC QC for the same price practically, that lineup lists on march 4th I believe, for those interested.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Picked up my general admission for the 10th...it's just expensive, 95$ for the day after fees and taxes. I can get a full 2 week pass in QC QC for the same price practically, that lineup lists on march 4th I believe, for those interested.

Went to buy this morning and held back because of this....$100 bucks is a lot to pay to see a band for an hour or two. Prices must have gone up quite a bit as I remember it being about half of this a few years back. I also thought you could split the 3 day pass anyway you want but they have to be used on different days and not like 2 tickets to 1 day then 1 ticket to another day.

Likely will still pick a ticket up for the 10th but will have to think about it more.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I'm going to see Matt Mays at the Dragon Boat concert tomorrow night. I'll also be seeing Bryan Adams, Foo Fighters, and Colin James at Bluesfest this summer.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Well, that Foo Fighters concert probably goes down as one of the iconic moments of Bluesfest.

Only the second day to ever sell out, the Foo Fighters drew a crowd of 30,000+ and rewarded fans with a super-energetic three hour (!!!) set.

I felt bad for spending $110 for a day pass, considering I used to be able to get the youth festival passes for $100, but it was so worth it. The crowd was a little lame at times, but came alive during the encore performances.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Well, that Foo Fighters concert probably goes down as one of the iconic moments of Bluesfest.

Only the second day to ever sell out, the Foo Fighters drew a crowd of 30,000+ and rewarded fans with a super-energetic three hour (!!!) set.

I felt bad for spending $110 for a day pass, considering I used to be able to get the youth festival passes for $100, but it was so worth it. The crowd was a little lame at times, but came alive during the encore performances.
For sure. Was a bit disappointed in the crowd's energy, but not enough to let it get to me or not enjoy the show. I need to give it some thought, but I'm thinking they crack my top five all-time.

Also, Greta van Fleet, man. They're going places.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

I could hear them from my apartment playing to around/past 11pm. Wish I was on the ball and got my butt down there. None of the headliners going forward interest me enough to go.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
For sure. Was a bit disappointed in the crowd's energy, but not enough to let it get to me or not enjoy the show. I need to give it some thought, but I'm thinking they crack my top five all-time.

Also, Greta van Fleet, man. They're going places.

Same. I found the energy really good for GVF. I love, love, love that band. They will save Rock n Roll. A resurgence is coming!

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Bluesfest was really great this year, I took in the Foos and last night's 3DG and Rise Against. I have no real complaints at all, it was amazing and makes me want to go back, the grounds were well organized, security was present, lines were long for food and drinks so we just hit up the beer tubs and and flag vendors in the crowd and were never looking for another round. The sound quality and stage design were great! I liked the single main stage and the addition of the ferris wheel made for some great photo ops. Food tasted good, easy in and out of washrooms and controlling the lawn chairs and ground blankets was a great idea too.
They hit it out of the park this year, I'll be back.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Bluesfest was really great this year, I took in the Foos and last night's 3DG and Rise Against. I have no real complaints at all, it was amazing and makes me want to go back, the grounds were well organized, security was present, lines were long for food and drinks so we just hit up the beer tubs and and flag vendors in the crowd and were never looking for another round. The sound quality and stage design were great! I liked the single main stage and the addition of the ferris wheel made for some great photo ops. Food tasted good, easy in and out of washrooms and controlling the lawn chairs and ground blankets was a great idea too.
They hit it out of the park this year, I'll be back.
I went to the same two days and completely agree. What I felt was an underwhelming lineup overall was more than made up for by the fact that the two days I DID see were incredible. A highlight of the summer for sure – and getting to knock both Foo Fighters and Rise Against off my musical bucket list is an experience I won't forget soon.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I went to the same two days and completely agree. What I felt was an underwhelming lineup overall was more than made up for by the fact that the two days I DID see were incredible. A highlight of the summer for sure – and getting to knock both Foo Fighters and Rise Against off my musical bucket list is an experience I won't forget soon.

Last night sounded and looked so great, the weather was perfect, glad you had a good time!

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Jack White is coming to Ottawa on November 9th.

Not sure if he's fallen off the map in terms of popularity, but a little surprised he's playing at the TD Place Arena. Although he's very likely not selling out CTC, it's a pretty small venue, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->