OT: 2018 Ottawa Concert and Music Festival Thread

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Time to get this going for 2018...

Ottawa Bluesfest runs from July 5th to 15th this summer. There've been a few summer festivals releasing their line-ups over the past week so the rumour mill can start. Let me throw out some names and detail their chances of showing up at Lebreton.

Let's start with two big rumours simply because of what appear to be incomplete tour announcements:

The Eagles - The biggest rumour so far. Lots of dates announced, and lots of stops in Canada. Nothing for Ottawa or Montreal yet, though they are in Buffalo on the 14th and have nothing for two weeks prior.

The Foo Fighters - The other big name. In New Jersey on July 7th and then Toronto on the 12th.

Next, we can look at the lineup of three big festivals to get an idea on who is touring this summer and see who will be in the Ottawa area during Bluesfest. Coachella, Boston Calling and NYC's Governor's Ball have all been announced.

Eminem - Playing all three and is a virtual lock to be at either or both Bluesfest and Osheaga.

Jack White - At both BC and GB. No other dates announced but is clearly on the circuit this summer and fits Bluesfest's demo well.

Royal Blood

Manchester Orechestra

The following acts are NOT coming to Bluesfest, as they are all on the European festival circuit during the Bluesfest dates:

The Killers

The National

Portugal, The Man

Alt J

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Time to get this going for 2018...

Ottawa Bluesfest runs from July 5th to 15th this summer. There've been a few summer festivals releasing their line-ups over the past week so the rumour mill can start. Let me throw out some names and detail their chances of showing up at Lebreton.

Let's start with two big rumours simply because of what appear to be incomplete tour announcements:

The Eagles - The biggest rumour so far. Lots of dates announced, and lots of stops in Canada. Nothing for Ottawa or Montreal yet, though they are in Buffalo on the 14th and have nothing for two weeks prior.

The Foo Fighters - The other big name. In New Jersey on July 7th and then Toronto on the 12th.

Next, we can look at the lineup of three big festivals to get an idea on who is touring this summer and see who will be in the Ottawa area during Bluesfest. Coachella, Boston Calling and NYC's Governor's Ball have all been announced.

Eminem - Playing all three and is a virtual lock to be at either or both Bluesfest and Osheaga.

Jack White - At both BC and GB. No other dates announced but is clearly on the circuit this summer and fits Bluesfest's demo well.

Royal Blood

Manchester Orechestra

The following acts are NOT coming to Bluesfest, as they are all on the European festival circuit during the Bluesfest dates:

The Killers

The National

Portugal, The Man

Alt J

If Bluesfest was even able to snag 1 of The Eagles, Foo Fighters or Eminem it would be a massive get and likely would reflect in the attendance imo, id be pre-ordering tics for sure!

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I'd really love a 2000s crappy punk rock day headlined by Blink at Bluesfest just once!

I really think there is an audience for it that they have not tapped into historically.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Foo Fighters would be awesome. Eminem would probably have the biggest Bluesfest crowd ever.

I'd really love a 2000s crappy punk rock day headlined by Blink at Bluesfest just once!

I really think there is an audience for it that they have not tapped into historically.

I would normally disagree, as Blink sounds terrible live, but I’d check it out with the new lead singer.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I'm sure Bluesfest doesn't book those pop-punk/early 2000's bands because they are all at Rockfest like a week before haha!
I am really hoping that is where Foos are going to be, I skipped Toronto because I figured there would be a good chance that they play Montebello! Tickets were $99.00, can't wait.

I also was looking up other acts that I would like to see, there are a tonne playing Ottawa, There is a great line up of all different kinds of music booked so far, I included JT as its a big name close by, I am sure there are more but the rest is just Ottawa-Gatineau!

Timberlake on tour, sales next week. MTL-T.O
Bon Jovi announced today, sals on next week.
George Thorogood
Black Tiger Sex Machine
Tim Hicks
A7X/breaking ben/BFMV
Big Wreck
Theory of a Deadman
Bobby Bazini
Comfortably Numb_Pink Floyd Tribute
Brett Kissel
Hedley
Alan Doyle(of great big sea)
Randy bachman
Dashboard Confessional
OLP-Matt Good
Santana
Ray Bonneville
Tom Cochrane
Judas Priest
Johnny Reid/Glass Tiger
Nelly
Rod Stewart
Lights
Protest the Hero
Video Games Live
Classic Albums Live
I am King, MJ show
Arythmetics
2 Cellos

I mean there are a lot, if you have spotify, check out the bands, you can see their top played songs(most popular) and decide if its someone you might want to see!

Going to be a good year.

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Surprised no one has brought up the Dave Matthews Band announcement. Quite the departure for Bluesfest. Announcing a single artist in January, obviously because the Toronto show was being announced and they didn’t want to miss out on the ticket sales.

I’m not a fan but this will be a huge draw and could be the sign of things to come. Some of these big 90’s bands are probably asking for less $$$ money now than they used to and may be much easier to get.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Bluesfest sent out an email to subscribers today saying that the lineup announcement would come next week. Anyone heard any more rumours about who could come or have any ideas?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Sturgill Simpson, the War on Drugs, and Courtney Barnett are all can't miss for me.

Reactions: DrEasy

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Sturgill Simpson, the War on Drugs, and Courtney Barnett are all can't miss for me.
Word. I'll add in St Paul and the Broken bones. I hope they all play on the same day as Beck so I only need to buy one ticket.

Its actually really awesome that Sturgill is first on the call sheet for all country music acts for this festival. Usually there's so much :eek::eek::eek::eek:ry trash at this festival.

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

You're talking about Riot Fest my friend, at least thats the closest you're gonna get, and it has a massive amounts of people that go. I have been 4 of the last 5 years!

Riot Fest Chicago | Lineup

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
GUYS!! GALS!!! EVERYONE!!!!

Shaggy is coming to Bluesfest! SHAGGY!!!

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
"but i saw you sign the contract"

Event Coordinator caught me red handed
Signing Shaggy's contract while watching Jersey Shore.

Picture this, we were both giggling like idiots
As we kicked Eugene Melnyk out the door.

How could I forget that I had given her all the contracts to see?
All the time she was standing there she was laughing so hard that she had to pee.

Also, Hansen is coming too! MMMMMMBOP!

This is a glorious day.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Foo Fighters and Greta van fleet on the same day will be a fun show. I'll go for that day.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
OK, So I'd like to see the Foos, but I'm not interested in getting some sort of extended pass. How much are day passes, and when do they go on sale? The website seems to be pretty coy.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
OK, So I'd like to see the Foos, but I'm not interested in getting some sort of extended pass. How much are day passes, and when do they go on sale? The website seems to be pretty coy.
Friday is when tickets go on sale. Full festival pass this year is $209 for the early bird price so I'd guess the single day passes for the food will be somewhere around $70.

Reactions: pzeeman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad