2018 ohl draft April 7th

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Cameron Tolnai was at it again tonight. He's nasty. Should go top 10 next draft , could be moving up into top 5 if he keeps this up
he's a great player for sure but dont love him that much however how did you like veirling? i thought he was about the best player i saw in the tourney including byfield ..skilled setting guys up physcial quick hands slippery in corners and good size i'd reach for him anyday

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Anyone watching Eric Belanger from Barrie ; just noticed his team is ahead of YSE in their standings and his #'s are impressive for a D- leading his league at this point positionally...not sure if they have him playing up forward as I know he is/was more than capable. Listed at a good size...just curious as he was my neighbour and was always working on his game year round, great athlete and more importantly a great kid !

cub

Apr 11, 2012
not sure if this has been discussed and apologize in advance if it has, who are the 2002 Top Goalie Prospects for 2018 OHL Draft?

Last edited by a moderator:

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone watching Eric Belanger from Barrie ; just noticed his team is ahead of YSE in their standings and his #'s are impressive for a D- leading his league at this point positionally...not sure if they have him playing up forward as I know he is/was more than capable. Listed at a good size...just curious as he was my neighbour and was always working on his game year round, great athlete and more importantly a great kid !

Alec Belanger was playing D when I saw him play a month ago, not surprised at his point totals given how often he pinches. He can be a bit more selective in his pinches and the end result will be a better player in my eyes. Good skater, good size has some upside.

#8 Foerster stands out to me the most, has the best Hockey IQ on the Colts. Can play D or F seamlessly on any shift and not look out of place. Literally is shadowing the puck all game, anticipating things correctly and working hard at both ends.

#1 Byberg(G) impresses me as well. Fast north-south-east-west and controlled, always in great position and fast reflexes. Very quick finding and smothering pucks around his crease.

Reactions: WKBCFAN

njscout123

Nov 27, 2017
Past summer had many 2002 sleepers at the Usa Select 15 camp.... some names we have never heard about that look to be top contenders. Another website came out with top 85 Americans and there were a few names on there people have never seen. I was in attendance and one name I had never heard from Nj was Jake LaRusso..... I looked him up had 4 points there in 3 games and is leading both leauges Naphl and AYHL.
He was a name on the list of the 85
he seems legit, but there were other names on there that I have never heard of.
USA Select 15 Camp, July 16-19, 2017 - HockeyProspect.com | 2018 NHL Draft
here link he seems to be one of the top uncommitted 02s right now anyone have feedback on this kid

njscout123

Nov 27, 2017
other names as well such as deboer petes son and brad freyberger kids were good Larusso is good too tall with speed and upside sees ice very well

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Both major scouting services have now released preliminary rankings. Thoughts?

I think Daniel Gucciardi is super underrated. I also like a few unranked ETA forwards more than the ranked Alliance ones.

I like the aggressive ranking of McKay Hayes on Priority Selection's list. Nice, also, to see Kyle Jackson get some recognition for his play in an under the radar situation.

PrioritySelection

Hi. I watch hockey.
Dec 22, 2015
www.priorityselection.ca
Both major scouting services have now released preliminary rankings. Thoughts?

I think Daniel Gucciardi is super underrated. I also like a few unranked ETA forwards more than the ranked Alliance ones.

I like the aggressive ranking of McKay Hayes on Priority Selection's list. Nice, also, to see Kyle Jackson get some recognition for his play in an under the radar situation.

It's not a perfect comparable by any stretch, but Gucciardi gives me a bit of a Cameron Surpryka vibe in general. He's not far off from being a T100 type for us, but it's also important to consider that for our purposes, we're considering Americans and Ontario players at face value with each other; free of NCAA biases.

All things being equal, from a draft perspective, I think he might generate some 3rd round interest and realistically would be good value in the 4th or the 5th. Certainly a player that's improved quite a bit since bantam, to say the least.

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
Yse fire head coach - coached in organization for years and coaches many players who eventually made really good pros. It’s a shame these kids have now had 3-4 coaches over last two years. Great group of kids with tons of talent. Hopefully this will give them a boost in the right direction and not the wrong way. New coach is coach who led them to OHF finals last season after the firing of another coach.

Reactions: Pinwheels

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Yse fire head coach - coached in organization for years and coaches many players who eventually made really good pros. It’s a shame these kids have now had 3-4 coaches over last two years. Great group of kids with tons of talent. Hopefully this will give them a boost in the right direction and not the wrong way. New coach is coach who led them to OHF finals last season after the firing of another coach.
Wow a buddy said Vaughn coach gone too? Wasn’t he an OHL guy?

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
I’m not sure if he is or not. Minor hockey coaches should be paramount. Coaches should never be fired during season. Kids need consistency.. it’s not the NHL

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
I’m not sure if he is or not. Minor hockey coaches should be paramount. Coaches should never be fired during season. Kids need consistency.. it’s not the NHL
Seems crazy but now that parents are paying for coaching salary’s in minor hockey this is result once again not fair to kids who are mostly effected

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I can remember playing against what seemed like professional Detroit area teams where coaches were being paid 30+ years ago. Parents have high expectations for their kids; and, are willing to pay.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Seems crazy but now that parents are paying for coaching salary’s in minor hockey this is result once again not fair to kids who are mostly effected

Minor Midget GTHL that have a parent or parents(s) paying the majority of coaches salary outside time budget are VK and JRC. They have access to coach and influence coaches roster lineup

Remainder of teams put salary through team budget and in some cases parents will sponsor through team to offset coaches salary
thanks for info on both counts pinwheels should be interesting indeed both are very good teams and should be vying for league championships later in season i assume

Reactions: Pinwheels

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
TheScout.ca‏ @TheScoutDotCa 39m39 minutes ago
Player Profile: Ty Tullio, Vaughan Kings. Ultra-competitive forward blends high-end skill, great hockey sense/awareness, and tenacity.
This will be The Oshawa Generals 1st rd pick in the 2018 draft :sarcasm:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Player Profile: Ty Tullio, Vaughan Kings. Ultra-competitive forward blends high-end skill, great hockey sense/awareness, and tenacity.

Tullio isn't going in the 1st round. Also the outrage of taking the owner's son (who isn't a 1st rounder) in the 1st round.... Can't see it lol.

Now his teammate Cole Perfetti on the other hand....

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
No way 2nd at best....someone may grab him before the schwa just to make things interesting lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad