2018 ohl draft April 7th

the dog

May 16, 2014
surprised no one picked up Isaac Macleod toronto jr can..good season and ohl cup.. season gp 56 g 26 a 26 pts 52 ..ohl cup gp 7 g 4 a 6 pts 10

cub

Apr 11, 2012
surprised no one picked up Isaac Macleod toronto jr can..good season and ohl cup.. season gp 56 g 26 a 26 pts 52 ..ohl cup gp 7 g 4 a 6 pts 10

I agree, seems to be knock on his skating, but I liked his game.

Reactions: the dog

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Well said and true story.

I've seen Perala several times this year and his problem skating isn't in a straight line all the way down the ice. His problem is from the goal post to the faceoff dot. Unfortunately he has no break away speed at all and that's what every scouting report says about him. This is what I saw with him as well. He has trouble getting to loose pucks as he is not quick, slower to respond. But these types of skating issues can easily be overcome as foot speed can be improved. The other aspects of his game are very good. Big, strong and a good shot with decent hands. Average hockey IQ.

I also have heard and read in reports that there are some other issues related to one of the parents being pushy and over stepping boundaries that are a no-no with GMs in the league.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
I agree completely with this comment. My kid is tall and skinny and has much to fill in before he reaches his ceiling, However many of the kids he plays with and against that are the same age are shorter and heavier. Those kids have seemingly already added the mass that comes with physical maturation. There are plenty of examples of kids who, just one year ago, looked like they were the cream of the crop and today they are all but forgotten.

My son was 5' 10 and 170 lbs on draft day. By the time he finished Jr and moved on to ECHL he was 6'5" and 226 lbs. Size at 15 is on that day. What we do as scouts as judge size potential by looking at the parents. If mom and dad are 5' 7", the chances are their child won't be much larger. But, the mailman could be huge, so you never know!

cub

Apr 11, 2012
My son was 5' 10 and 170 lbs on draft day. By the time he finished Jr and moved on to ECHL he was 6'5" and 226 lbs. Size at 15 is on that day. What we do as scouts as judge size potential by looking at the parents. If mom and dad are 5' 7", the chances are their child won't be much larger. But, the mailman could be huge, so you never know!

mailman. lmao.

Reactions: BarDownskie and LDN

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I've seen Perala several times this year and his problem skating isn't in a straight line all the way down the ice. His problem is from the goal post to the faceoff dot. Unfortunately he has no break away speed at all and that's what every scouting report says about him. This is what I saw with him as well. He has trouble getting to loose pucks as he is not quick, slower to respond. But these types of skating issues can easily be overcome as foot speed can be improved. The other aspects of his game are very good. Big, strong and a good shot with decent hands. Average hockey IQ.

I also have heard and read in reports that there are some other issues related to one of the parents being pushy and over stepping boundaries that are a no-no with GMs in the league.

Heard the same thing. It wasn't one of his parents though but an over zealous relative. Unfortunate for the kid though because it is no reflection of him personally. When his skating is knocked I get that. However with a kid being 15 years old with his size and weight I think many other players were chosen like him in the previous years and had the time to develop. Here is a youngster who scored 3 goals in an OHL Cup game, played the power play with the number one line which was evident on tv for the final OHL Cup game. Some intangibles there. I think the game still has a place for a big body player to work corners and get in front of the net. Going undrafted surprised me however the good thing is he gets a chance to develop next season in Junior or AAA and fall into the second draft or possibly get a call to be a free agent. Definitely someone to keep tabs on.

WJ

Reactions: Finster8

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
My memory may be failing, but I think he may have played previous with LK or EMC in Alliance?

Maybe I got it mixed up, I dunno lol

If you are talking about Macleod, he always played for the Jr Cdns.

You may be mixing him up with Macpherson who played LJK growing up but went JRC for Minor Midget. Similar players.

Reactions: aresknights

cub

Apr 11, 2012

hockieguy, after hearing all you're stories, I call B.S. about the growth burst, but they are entertaining. lol

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
If you are talking about Macleod, he always played for the Jr Cdns.

You may be mixing him up with Macpherson who played LJK growing up but went JRC for Minor Midget. Similar players.

TY for clearing that up. Had that doubt, and rightfully so ;)

Appreciated

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->