NCAA: 2018 Offseason

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Did he get a medical redshirt year?

That I’m not aware of, just know he has to sit the one year because of the transfer rules (unlike possible allowance of immediate playing like Patterson from Ole Miss to Michigan cause of the Rebs’ sanctions).

Though I have seen a rumor on twitter from one of the guys on the Campus Conversation podcast that after speaking with an NCAA official reported that it’s “95% certain” that transfers will be allowed to play immediately in basketball and football. Didn’t say when though. That would flip the game on it’s head.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
That I’m not aware of, just know he has to sit the one year because of the transfer rules (unlike possible allowance of immediate playing like Patterson from Ole Miss to Michigan cause of the Rebs’ sanctions).

Though I have seen a rumor on twitter from one of the guys on the Campus Conversation podcast that after speaking with an NCAA official reported that it’s “95% certain” that transfers will be allowed to play immediately in basketball and football. Didn’t say when though. That would flip the game on it’s head.
Yeah, I know about the having to sit out aspect, but I figured he'd apply for a medical red shirt cause he lost his season in the first game. Generally they're granted, I was just wondering if anyone knew.

The most recent proposal I've seen would allow for immediate transfers for any player if their coach leaves or gets fired or the school gets slapped with a post-season ban. That would apply to all sports. They'd still have to sit out for other transfers. That still has a way to go before getting voted on, let alone approved.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Under the current rules Eason will be a redshirt sophomore by the time he plays regardless if he was able to use his redshirt this year or not. If he didn’t use it this year then he’ll just use it for next year when he sits out.

Obviously if rules change in time it could save him a year of eligibility if he was able to use a redshirt for this season though.

Mar 1, 2002

I will be the only person who cares, but my San Jose St Spartans getting a 3 star tackle is pretty big. Picked them over Cal, Oregon and UCLA among others. Just signed a 3 star safety that choose them over Arizona and a LB that choose them over Texas A&M.

San Jose St will still be bad, but the new guy they brought in last year is doing ok recruiting this year. Hopefully can become a decent MW team and not an embarrassment.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Under the current rules Eason will be a redshirt sophomore by the time he plays regardless if he was able to use his redshirt this year or not. If he didn’t use it this year then he’ll just use it for next year when he sits out.

Obviously if rules change in time it could save him a year of eligibility if he was able to use a redshirt for this season though.

Browning is coming back for his Senior season. So, if Eason does get a medical RS year for this past season, he can be Browning's backup and step in if needed. He'd be a RS SO. See if they end up giving it to him.

Regardless, he'll be back in 2019 to be the Huskies starter. Just whether a year starting at Georgia as a FR and a year at Washington for 24/25 starts will be enough for him to go pro for the 2020 draft.

QB White sticking with Princeton over Alabama

Smart call by the kid. Alabama has produced a tonne of NFL players since Saban arrived, but the QB position has not produced anything so far. AJ MacCarron is the best of the bunch.

He's the 228th rated prospect. QB, so hard to project. Max Brown was this stud prospect out of HS, yet, he couldn't beat out Cody Kessler, hold off Darnold, and hold onto the starer job in Pitt. Others who were highly recruited are Ricky Town, Blake Barnett, Jacob Eason all had to transfer to try to get playing time.

So, really, who knows what his pro prospects are. Degree from Princeton would set him up nicely for a non football career. He also could have gone to other football schools, but opted for Princeton. He'll get the opportunity to play there. Wentz and Allen are coming out of lower level schools, so it's not always about where you play.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Eason wouldn’t be able to play at all next year under the current transfer rules.
I thought that was why he wanted a medical RS year for this past season? That if a player redshirted in 2017, they could leave for another program in 2018 and be eligible.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I thought that was why he wanted a medical RS year for this past season? That if a player redshirted in 2017, they could leave for another program in 2018 and be eligible.

It doesn’t matter if he redshirted or not this past season. He was on Georgia’s roster all year. He’s transferring in for next season so he has to sit out.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Browning is coming back for his Senior season. So, if Eason does get a medical RS year for this past season, he can be Browning's backup and step in if needed. He'd be a RS SO. See if they end up giving it to him.

Regardless, he'll be back in 2019 to be the Huskies starter. Just whether a year starting at Georgia as a FR and a year at Washington for 24/25 starts will be enough for him to go pro for the 2020 draft.

Smart call by the kid. Alabama has produced a tonne of NFL players since Saban arrived, but the QB position has not produced anything so far. AJ MacCarron is the best of the bunch.

He's the 228th rated prospect. QB, so hard to project. Max Brown was this stud prospect out of HS, yet, he couldn't beat out Cody Kessler, hold off Darnold, and hold onto the starer job in Pitt. Others who were highly recruited are Ricky Town, Blake Barnett, Jacob Eason all had to transfer to try to get playing time.

So, really, who knows what his pro prospects are. Degree from Princeton would set him up nicely for a non football career. He also could have gone to other football schools, but opted for Princeton. He'll get the opportunity to play there. Wentz and Allen are coming out of lower level schools, so it's not always about
where you play.

Quarterbacks have been coming out of small schools years before Wentz. They usually are extremely dominant. Wentz is an outlier. Allen would be a lottery ticket.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Great recruiting year for osu and psu. 2nd and 4th in many of the rankings. Michigan has had a disastrous recruiting year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->