2018 Offseason Disappointment Tracker

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I mean, let's be blunt, if you told me which was more likely, the Blues getting Tavares or getting a top 3 pick, I'd have said Tavares is the more likely bet.
I'd have agreed with that.

This thread isn't really about probable events...just ones where Blues fans likely got their hopes a bit at some point.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Here's a tentative list of things that could go well or poorly for the Blues this offseason (some depending on each individual's perspective). Let's see how many break our way.

Feel free to nominate any others that come to mind.

• Blues replace Armstrong.
  • Blues replace Yeo.
  • Blues win the lottery and get a top 3 draft pick.
  • Blues sign Tavares.
  • Blues sign a different top 6 quality player.
  • Blues trade for a top 6 center.
  • Blues trade for a top 6 RW.
  • Blues trade one or more of Sobotka/Gunnarsson/Berglund.
  • Blues don't trade away one of your top 2 favorite prospects.
  • Blues improve their goaltending situation.
  • Fabbri returns healthy and plays like he did before.
  • Bouwmeester returns healthy and plays like he did before.
  • Blues don't lose Schmaltz to waivers.
You can probably make the first two red too, since the time to fire either was likely as an announcement after or during the press conference.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
You can probably make the first two red too, since the time to fire either was likely as an announcement after or during the press conference.
Hey, there is change they will get fired away so don't cross over yet. Bluesy way of thinking. Change is a change.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I just got my season ticket invoice. Officially mark me down as disappointed :cry: Went up $494 from last year for the season.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I just got my season ticket invoice. Officially mark me down as disappointed :cry: Went up $494 from last year for the season.

They decided to make our section and the three around it all-inclusive with access to the "club" they're putting in below sections 108-111 and came to the decision that (nearly) tripling the cost was the appropriate price point. Now we have to wait for all the people that have more seniority than us that are having their seats eliminated to pick their new seats. Basically we'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel for whatever new seats we get.

Decided we're gonna go down to two seats from four and use the saved money to travel to more opposing arenas to watch the Blues and give the other team our money.

Reactions: 67Blues

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
What section are you in? I've always been in 105 or 114. My bill went up 400 dollars this year. I was ambivalent about buying after the regular season performance, but that was the icing on the cake. As soon as my rep calls I'll let him know what I think.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
What section are you in? I've always been in 105 or 114. My bill went up 400 dollars this year. I was ambivalent about buying after the regular season performance, but that was the icing on the cake. As soon as my rep calls I'll let him know what I think.
Sec 111 at the middle of the section. This years bill is $6180 which includes a $20 handling fee which really pisses me off. Why $20 handling fee on a season ticket renewal?

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Sec 111 at the middle of the section. This years bill is $6180 which includes a $20 handling fee which really pisses me off. Why $20 handling fee on a season ticket renewal?

Are you not being affected by that club they're putting in? At the town hall meeting, they made it sound like every person in 108-111 was being told to pony up or gtfo?

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
My two seats will cost me $4591 this year. Not going to happen. I'll buy a few games here and there on the weekend, but they were very lackluster this season and I don't reward disappointment with more money.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Are you not being affected by that club they're putting in? At the town hall meeting, they made it sound like every person in 108-111 was being told to pony up or gtfo?
My original seats in were affected last year, so I had to move down my row to make room.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
How do you know what row you are in? I guess I don't have high enough seniority lol.
My seats were the only two in the row that were absorbed by the theater seating section last summer, so I talked to my ticket rep and just shuffled two seats over. Same row, everyone just moved down by two seats and we were all good. This year my seats were not affected at all. The nice thing is that the Blues gave me my old seats which sit here at my house now.

Talk to your ticket rep and they are usually really helpful. If they aren't, PM me and I'll give you our ticket rep's name who works all kinds of magic for us. He even calls me occasionally and offers us free suite tickets or glass tickets if they have extras. We love our ticket rep!

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
What color are you going to use for things that happen? Blue?

Can you add a line about the Hawks not winning the draft lottery and put it in that color? There was no doubt in my mind that they were going to get Dahlin, so that not happening is currently the best thing to happen to the Blues this offseason.

Edit: Love the title to this thread by the way.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
What color are you going to use for things that happen? Blue?

Can you add a line about the Hawks not winning the draft lottery and put it in that color? There was no doubt in my mind that they were going to get Dahlin, so that not happening is currently the best thing to happen to the Blues this offseason.

Edit: Love the title to this thread by the way.
Done

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Here's a tentative list of things that could go well or poorly for the Blues this offseason (some depending on each individual's perspective). Let's see how many break our way.

Feel free to nominate any others that come to mind.

• Blues replace Armstrong.
  • Blues replace Yeo.
  • Blues win the lottery and get a top 3 draft pick.
  • Chicago does not win the draft lottery, because **** them. (Requested)
  • Blues sign Tavares.
  • Blues sign a different top 6 quality player.
  • Blues trade for a top 6 center.
  • Blues trade for a top 6 RW.
  • Blues trade one or more of Sobotka/Gunnarsson/Berglund.
  • Blues don't trade away one of your top 2 favorite prospects.
  • Blues improve their goaltending situation.
  • Fabbri returns healthy and plays like he did before.
  • Bouwmeester returns healthy and plays like he did before.
  • Blues don't lose Schmaltz to waivers.
  • Season Ticket Prices Do Not Increase. (Requested)
  • STC Beer Prices Do Not Increase (Requested)

I think this list needs one addition. Blues acquire new (powerplay) assistant coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad