2018 NHL Playoff Race Thread

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I’m still optimistic. They have been playing decent but obviously need to win a lot down the stretch.

Start tomorrow. Then make a statement against Ducks.

I give you credit, I have none. We’re approaching the point of having to win out our remaining games to make it. And the effort we saw today leaves me with little optimism.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
It is time to shut Monahan down for the surgery he needs. It will give Bennett and Jankowski time with Johnny.

Tkachuk should stay shelved until he is 101% and if Smith needs surgery shut him down and get Gillies some starts. With Monahan and Mike Smith both far from 100% it is time to look at next year. There is no way we are winning even one this year.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It will give them time to learn from Johnny and probably more importantly generate some chemistry in case Monahan gets injured in the future.

If Monahan is hurt in the future I sure as hell hope we have a better replacement than Mark Jankowski and his 20 points.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It is time to shut Monahan down for the surgery he needs. It will give Bennett and Jankowski time with Johnny.

Tkachuk should stay shelved until he is 101% and if Smith needs surgery shut him down and get Gillies some starts. With Monahan and Mike Smith both far from 100% it is time to look at next year. There is no way we are winning even one this year.

Hey man, what’s happening?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I’m still optimistic. They have been playing decent but obviously need to win a lot down the stretch.

Start tomorrow. Then make a statement against Ducks.

You felt for GG trick

Getting meaningless SOG is not playing decent

They have been terrible and they have the record to prove it.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It definitely gets more and more frustrating with each good chance they miss, and there's a feeling every time we have a period like that first period where you just know that not burying chances is going to cost them the game. I think it's definitely in their heads right now and they're probably squeezing their sticks to sawdust.

I think looking back that it's really the NYI game where everything went wrong. They won a couple of games they needed to win, then came home and that was where things started to turn in terms of their confidence. Since then, we're back to being a team that needs to outchance the other team 3:1 in order to keep pace offensively.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Hey man, what’s happening?
During telecasts Ball, Cassie and Kelly have all been referring to Mony being much more injured than just missing practices. Kelly mentioned the other night that it could involve a substantial surgical procedure and lots of recovery time. Sean has been trying to play through it for weeks now. I heard hip but who knows....

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
During telecasts Ball, Cassie and Kelly have all been referring to Mony being much more injured than just missing practices. Kelly mentioned the other night that it could involve a substantial surgical procedure and lots of recovery time. Sean has been trying to play through it for weeks now. I heard hip but who knows....

Oh darn, yeah if that’s the case they should shut him down now.

But I was mostly asking how you’ve been?

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Oh darn, yeah if that’s the case they should shut him down now.

But I was mostly asking how you’ve been?

I am spectacular. I have been lurking on the boards here and there but with homework taking up much of my time I have refrained from commenting much.
I finally have healed up enough so I am in the process of being retrained. I am actually in Calgary right now taking a web-development course.

I was hoping to go to a few playoff games but the Flames likely have other plans. As another option I may go catch the Coyotes or Vegas game though.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I am spectacular. I have been lurking on the boards here and there but with homework taking up much of my time I have refrained from commenting much.
I finally have healed up enough so I am in the process of being retrained. I am actually in Calgary right now taking a web-development course.

I was hoping to go to a few playoff games but the Flames likely have other plans. As another option I may go catch the Coyotes or Vegas game though.

That’s good to hear that you’re all healed up!

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
6 points back, 16 possible points left, every single team ahead of us has games in hand. We are done.

I also hate how every year it seems like at this point of the season we have played more games than every other team in the conference. We NEVER get games in hand on others during the final stretch I've noticed

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
6 points back, 16 possible points left, every single team ahead of us has games in hand. We are done.

I also hate how every year it seems like at this point of the season we have played more games than every other team in the conference. We NEVER get games in hand on others during the final stretch I've noticed
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Well... took a complete day off from the boards yesterday. Was needed. I get too into the Flames sometimes (good and bad to do so).

Although 8 games could be enough by a hair to jump over Dallas, St Louis, Anaheim... I know the odds are very low... but there is still some hope. Not scared of the odds, but really pissed off at the effort last game. Brutal.

We won't make the ploffs... but f*** it, go for it boys. GO FLAMES GO.

Reactions: Kahvi

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Well... took a complete day off from the boards yesterday. Was needed. I get too into the Flames sometimes (good and bad to do so).

Although 8 games could be enough by a hair to jump over Dallas, St Louis, Anaheim... I know the odds are very low... but there is still some hope. Not scared of the odds, but really pissed off at the effort last game. Brutal.

We won't make the ploffs... but **** it, go for it boys. GO FLAMES GO.

It’s gonna be done tonight, we will lose to the Ducks. I really envy your optimism though.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Sounds like maybe we need... an optimism thread.

Just kidding, what good would that do?

We're playing the Ducks tonight? lol peace.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Assuming this is going to be the Playoffs thread,
Winnipeg vs. Minnesota is the 1st set matchup thus far, I got Winnipeg winning in 6 what about the rest of you guys?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Last year there was this CFHF playoff bracket at NHL.com. Anyone want to set it up again this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad