Pre-Game Talk: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Hamilton for NYI two 1st rounders this year and their unprotected 1st next year.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hamilton for NYI two 1st rounders this year and their unprotected 1st next year.

Boy, I hope we could get someone of Dougie's caliber with those picks!
Remember what Boston traded Hamilton to Calgary for. Zachary Senyshyn, Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson and Jeremy Lauzon. I don't see a 6'6'' top pairing Dman there, unfortunately.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Dougie Hamilton for Brady Tkachuk.
Lateral, at best.

Brady Tkachuk is getting a bit of a following, mostly because of Matty.
To be fair, he's also getting a lot of doubt because of the suspicion that his hype is more due to Matthew.

Really hard to tell if Brady is overrated or underrated at this point.

Reactions: Bronco Horvat

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Dougie Hamilton for Brady Tkachuk.
Lateral, at best.

Brady Tkachuk is getting a bit of a following, mostly because of Matty.

Not sure how you view trading a young, signed to a good deal top pairing defenseman for a really good, but complete magic bean prospect is a lateral move.

May I remind Flames fans around here that everyone was frothing at the mouth at the idea of moving for Dougie or a Dougie like defenseman before we got him. How times have changed.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not sure how you view trading a young, signed to a good deal top pairing defenseman for a really good, but complete magic bean prospect is a lateral move.

May I remind Flames fans around here that everyone was frothing at the mouth at the idea of moving for Dougie or a Dougie like defenseman before we got him. How times have changed.
That's why he said at best., ;likely meaning when Brady is fully developed, he will (at best) be as valuable as Dougie

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That's really the only thing that statement can mean. "At best" implies a range of possibilities, and discusses the most optimistic of those. Not sure what else you would think that meant, FF.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
That's really the only thing that statement can mean. "At best" implies a range of possibilities, and discusses the most optimistic of those. Not sure what else you would think that meant, FF.

Because what I'm trying (and failing apparently) to say is that even if Tkachuk turns out to be equal value someday, it's not a lateral move ever due to the huge risk we'd be taking.

Spending $20 on a lottery ticket that guarentee's you $20 return at max and winning is not a lateral move is the closest comparison I can make.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Whatever Brady Tkachuk is or turns out to, moving Hamilton, or really anything of value for yet another left shot left winger would be an awful, awful move.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Because what I'm trying (and failing apparently) to say is that even if Tkachuk turns out to be equal value someday, it's not a lateral move ever due to the huge risk we'd be taking.

Spending $20 on a lottery ticket that guarentee's you $20 return at max and winning is not a lateral move is the closest comparison I can make.
That's also the sentiment of someone whose criticism is that at best, the move is lateral. Meaning that in any scenario other than best-case, we lose. :huh:

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island

I think you’re over simplifying it.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The idea would then be to package two of the picks to move up in the draft and get Brady Tkachuk.

That's probably a top 5 pick. Nobody is going to trade a top 5 pick for 2 lesser ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->