Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
First try. I’m done.

705E2823-D3F9-41B5-BF3F-2F8B33FC089F.png

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Either Svechnikov or Zadina would be a coup for us if we get the #2 or #3 via lotto win ...Bit I would take Zadina as my first choice amongst the 2 of them ...Svechnikov is a better 2 -way player and does everything well ..but Zadina has the gift of an Elite world class release and shot that beats goalies ...it is so hard to beat NHL goalies (just look at how the Hawks struggle to do that this season)and so you just gotta grab the Elite sniper when one is up at the top of a draft. But either is a legit 1st line talent ...

I have Quin Hughes lower than Bouchard...Bouchard is 5 or 6 (you can switch with Boqvist as to which hold go ahead ofvthe other bin those spots.

Whalstrom is certainly #7 ...
8 ,9,10 coukd be 3 Dmen. ..Hughes Merkley and Dobson ...not sure what order they get picked ..I was more impressed by Hughes last season and he coukd have lost ground to the bother 2 ...#11 in my books is Isac Lundestrom who is a C which Hawks need..If we only get 8 ,9 or 10 I would maybe trade down 1 -2 spots if those teams want to grab 2 of theses 3 Dmen off the board and take Lundestrom or simply grab him at 8 or 9 ..Because after #7 it is a bit iffier as to who really will be the BPA ..a team may prefer a dman or a forward ...

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Charge your phone you monster.

Good ole low power mode, seems the same as regular power mode. I’m bad with my phone, if I want to go somewhere I just pull it off wherever it is at. Did it once or twice then next you know I’m full on savage. Need to get a new battery and fix myself.

Reactions: kuzy and RayP

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
vision quest .......:popcorn:

Hawks draft Tkachuk

3rd line Tkachuk - Hayden - Hartman

or

2nd line Tkachuk - Schmaltz - Kane

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Rather have Wahlstrom than Tkachuk if we miss on top 3. I have a feeling the Hawks are going to win a bunch down the stretch and blow it though.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Rather have Wahlstrom than Tkachuk if we miss on top 3. I have a feeling the Hawks are going to win a bunch down the stretch and blow it though.

Ya, I think the #7 pick and Wahlstrom are likely the best case scenario. I'm with you in thinking they start winning down the stretch.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Can we pay Bettman to rig the lottery? Lord knows we played enough of those annoying outdoor classics for the League.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Unless the NHL shortened the games from 3 to 2 periods, I don't think we have to worry.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If were lucky enough to have the choice of Zadina or Svechnikov and we pick the russian ill be extremely upset.
Svechnikov is the better player ATM and is projected to be the better player in the future. Picking anything less than best player available in the top 5 is a gigantic, fire-worthy mistake.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The only threat to a top 5 pick is if they bring Crawford back, and it seems like that might not be a given at this point. They refuse to give a time table for his return and the team has no chance at a playoff spot, so Bowman could be pushing to shut him down while Q wants him back to win games for morale.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I love Zadina, but there is still a chasm of difference between him and Svechnikov.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
The only threat to a top 5 pick is if they bring Crawford back, and it seems like that might not be a given at this point. They refuse to give a time table for his return and the team has no chance at a playoff spot, so Bowman could be pushing to shut him down while Q wants him back to win games for morale.
Even if he does return this season, he won't be the Vezina caliber goalie who started the season. Being out this long with a concussion this bad usually means that it'll take quite a few weeks for a goalie to get back to playing at a normal level.

Basically, for the first 2 plus weeks after his return (assuming he returns this year), he'll let in a lot more bad goals than we're accustomed to seeing from him this season.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't think Wahlstrom is going to be around at #7 any longer...he just keeps rising, and the u18 tournament going on right now isn't helping things either. I think you need to be inside the top 5 to snag this kid, I hope that is where we are!!

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Just depends on what teams land where. After the top 3 it gets kinda fuzzy where anybody could get picked. Could be a run on Dmen and Wahlstrom could fall.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
yeah, I just have a feeling that those dmen are going to fall behind Wahlstrom...depends on the teams drafting obviously, and if Wahlstrom is now going to BU like being talked about, look out now..big difference between leaving Harvard early vs BU, teams will like this decision better for him to turn pro quicker IMO

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If it comes down to a kid like Wahlstrom that is going to college or another prospect that can play in the lineup next year, is it possible the Hawks go for the latter because they'll want something to immediately show for this season?

And then factor in Sikura possibly not signing and it seems like a possibility the Hawks target someone that will be in the lineup next year. If they take someone that goes to college then it's not a guarantee they have much to show for being shit this season for a few years.

Historically, I think it's a given Hawks go with BPA and don't care what development route the prospect takes, even preferring college in many instances, but feels like it could be different this time around if there are two similarly talented players.

Narrative could be 'hey all, here is our shiney new prospect that we got for being trash last year and he is going to help us make the playoffs this season' versus, 'hey all, we have this shiney new prospect but you'll have to wait a few years to see him, and trust me, he will sign unlike Sikura and Hayes'.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If it comes down to a kid like Wahlstrom that is going to college or another prospect that can play in the lineup next year, is it possible the Hawks go for the latter because they'll want something to immediately show for this season?

And then factor in Sikura possibly not signing and it seems like a possibility the Hawks target someone that will be in the lineup next year. If they take someone that goes to college then it's not a guarantee they have much to show for being **** this season for a few years.

Historically, I think it's a given Hawks go with BPA and don't care what development route the prospect takes, even preferring college in many instances, but feels like it could be different this time around if there are two similarly talented players.

Narrative could be 'hey all, here is our shiney new prospect that we got for being trash last year and he is going to help us make the playoffs this season' versus, 'hey all, we have this shiney new prospect but you'll have to wait a few years to see him, and trust me, he will sign unlike Sikura and Hayes'.

it always is a real dilemma for an organization in need. I have seen players passed up because they were going to college which didn't work out so well in the long term as teams did want something more "quicker"but let the better player drop..it has happened.

I know Blue Liner would be the perfect person to talk about this stuff.

I think Bowman knows he has to get BPA regardless of immediate need. That is easier said than done when you have an aging core and could be thinking one of those CHLers can jump in right away to help push us back into the playoffs, but if you pass on a Wahlstrom and he comes into the league 2 years later tearing up the NHL...yeah wouldn't want to be Bowman if he took one of those dmen or whoever for immediate help over BPA.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Agree with everything you said, AD. Also, Bowman might not be around in two years to play the waiting game with Wahlstrom or another BPA that is going the college route, so there is that at play as well. If they take someone from the CHL then they can basically force them into the league next year whereas Wahlstrom would control when he turns pro.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Agree with everything you said, AD. Also, Bowman might not be around in two years to play the waiting game with Wahlstrom or another BPA that is going the college route, so there is that at play as well. If they take someone from the CHL then they can basically force them into the league next year whereas Wahlstrom would control when he turns pro.

I think the name we might realistically be looking at is Quinn Hughes out of Michigan. That is the position we are in desperate need of help. He is dynamic, offensively skilled, etc...yes and small as well, but could be a bit smaller than Duncan Keith when he makes it..BUT, he seems like the player we would target in that 7-10 range if we pick there.

If Hughes is on the board and we are picking, I would be shocked if Bowman passes on bringing in a dynamo like that for our blue line. He is easily 2-3 years out, but if he is your BPA, how the hell do you pass on him??

Reactions: LDF

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I think the name we might realistically be looking at is Quinn Hughes out of Michigan. That is the position we are in desperate need of help. He is dynamic, offensively skilled, etc...yes and small as well, but could be a bit smaller than Duncan Keith when he makes it..BUT, he seems like the player we would target in that 7-10 range if we pick there.

If Hughes is on the board and we are picking, I would be shocked if Bowman passes on bringing in a dynamo like that for our blue line. He is easily 2-3 years out, but if he is your BPA, how the hell do you pass on him??

Is there realistically anybody that can contribute next year outside the top 5? Seems critical for Bowman to land a pick in that range since it helps him construct a roster next year and potentially save his job. I mean, I guess there are always kids that come in and surprise people, but if the player they should take is going the college route then that basically eliminates their ability to give them 10 games like a CHL player. Or even a kid from a different league that they could send to Rockford if they need more seasoning.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Is there realistically anybody that can contribute next year outside the top 5? Seems critical for Bowman to land a pick in that range since it helps him construct a roster next year and potentially save his job. I mean, I guess there are always kids that come in and surprise people, but if the player they should take is going the college route then that basically eliminates their ability to give them 10 games like a CHL player. Or even a kid from a different league that they could send to Rockford if they need more seasoning.

It actually is odd to see this many USNDP kids rated that high because of the fact that they "typically" head to college/CHL for at least a year and teams are a tad leary- I can't recall a player jumping directly from the USNDP to the NHL.

I think Tkachuk is a kid who can jump right away if drafted..he just already has the maturity and size to make it, just needs some more seasoning. The other kid I think can jump to the pros is Barrett Hayton - he is such a well rounded player, I think he jumps very quickly if given the chance...reminds me of Toews as well and would be right in our range for the draft.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013

To add--

Jack Hughes (his bro) - is putting up #'s like Matthews/Kane did...
lock to be # 1 2019... Might that entice team to Draft Quinn/ and trade up in the 2019 draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad