Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Entry Draft - Hawks picking 8 and 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
LETS GO DAHLIN!

Yup, we’ve got a beautiful thing going here, but now we have to deal with Crawford coming back. If he never comes back, this team will finish bottom 5, possibly even bottom 3. But honestly, he’s not going to be scoring goals so maybe it will not put as much of a dent into the tank as one might think. When he came back last year, he wasn’t all that good. If he is on his game, he will steal some wins though.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'd take a Top7 pick and be happy with any of Tkachuk, Zedina, Svechnikov, Boqvist, Bouchard, Dobson and obviously Dahlin.

Reactions: migi

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yup, we’ve got a beautiful thing going here, but now we have to deal with Crawford coming back. If he never comes back, this team will finish bottom 5, possibly even bottom 3. But honestly, he’s not going to be scoring goals so maybe it will not put as much of a dent into the tank as one might think. When he came back last year, he wasn’t all that good. If he is on his game, he will steal some wins though.
but the problem is still there. those d-men are like a hole on a boat.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm new to the draft lottery, buy I learned something today.

If we finish 8th last, we can only pick in these positions in the draft.

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th, 10th, & 11th.

Just FYI for those who are also new like me.

Reactions: migi

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Uncle Jerry will take care of us. Don't worry.

But seriously if we lucked out and "won" HF might break.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

migi

Feb 25, 2015

Thanks for this.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
How much would you be willing to give up in order to chase Dahlin?

Say the Hawks land the #5 pick. Would you go BPA, or would you bundle other assets to move up to number one, and grab the new franchise defenseman?

If everything goes right, this should be the only time the Hawks are picking this high for the next 5-6 years. So this may be the one chance to add a franchise-level young player to the aging core.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002

Say the Hawks land the #5 pick. Would you go BPA, or would you bundle other assets to move up to number one, and grab the new franchise defenseman?

If everything goes right, this should be the only time the Hawks are picking this high for the next 5-6 years. So this may be the one chance to add a franchise-level young player to the aging core.

Not this draft. #5 will still be very good, better than most years. Dahlin is the best D prospect in a while, but defenseman are still always a risk.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011

What would it theoretically take to get the #1 pick at #5?

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois

I think I would give up Forsling to move up. Not sure that would be enough but anything more than that is too rich for me.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
It's really hard to say what it would take, because the only years that #1 changes hands are when the consensus is relatively weak (e.g. 1999 and 2003). Forsling probably wouldn't be enough.

Last edited:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I was thinking Forsling too.

If we pick at #5, we may get Boqvist. He is real deal too. Is Dahlin > Forsling and Boqvist? Maybe but sometimes quantity over quality, at this point in our D situation that might be the right decision.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Hasn't Bouchard been compared to Doughty? If that's even close to accurate that would be awesome! As to trading up for a higher pick like for example Dahlin that would be next to impossible as it never happens ... unless we're trading Kane to Buffalo for a package and that would be highly unlikely ... Forsling wouldn't do much to push us up at all.
It is exciting isn't it?! Not as exciting as making the PO's with a solid chance but exciting all the same!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->