Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Entry Draft - Hawks picking 8 and 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Dahlin, Hughes, LaFreniere.. Some pretty special kids coming. McDavid is clearly number one but these guys are in those Matthews-level as prospects.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I have the potential to be a sub-40 grandfather on top of it. :scared:

My daughter will be 18 in November. I'm 33, will be 34 in October.

You’re going to have such an advantage over any guys she brings to meet you, would love to be a fly on the wall for one of those meetings.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
its pretty exciting with the two first rounders this year. Im fairly happy they got the late 1st for hartman now. He wasnt ever going to be a game breaker. now time to gamble.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
its pretty exciting with the two first rounders this year. Im fairly happy they got the late 1st for hartman now. He wasnt ever going to be a game breaker. now time to gamble.

Yeah, I was surprised that Poile apparently said he didn’t like this draft. Maybe he just meant the end of the 1st but we will not know for a few years anyway. Just hoping it is a high level 2003 type and we get 2 studs.

Like you said, time to gamble, we’ve got the bottom 6 and bottom pairing locked down in terms of the depth of our pool, missing the impact guys. If Bowman swings for the fences and misses, that will only lead to more good future picks. We’ll get out of this mess eventually.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's looking like a steal right now, even if Edjsell doesn't pan out.

25GP in Nashville now for Hartman, 4G, 3A 20PIM.

Don't miss him one bit.

Reactions: migi and BK

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

Don't miss him one bit.
but on the other side if he helps them win a cup then its all worth it...ala Vermette.

migi

Feb 25, 2015

Don't miss him one bit.

Completely agree.

Now he is destined to score 4 goals in Jets series, 5 in conference finals and hattrick in game seven against Bruins, OT winner.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Haha I am getting old.
:laugh:

You know you're getting old when NHL players/draftees are starting to be born in the 2000s. That's insane to me.
Last year's draft was the gut-puncher for me. First-year eligibles were born in '99. I graduated high school in '99.
You know you are old when the kids of players you grew up watching are starting to make the show.
I have the potential to be a sub-40 grandfather on top of it. :scared:

My daughter will be 18 in November. I'm 33, will be 34 in October.
Lol...you all are young...children even, still. Everything is relative...:cool:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
For what it's worth, I'm younger than almost all of you old farts. Sharp as a whistle too.

Also, Chihawks gotta let me know when his daughter hits 18. I want to join that wacky family that consists of him and Pez. I'll treat your daughter with the same respect I treat you with (a little, but acknowledging I'm better every chance I get).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->