Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Entry Draft - Hawks picking 8 and 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well Team USA lost to Sweden today 3-1 at the World u-18s...The best USA player today was goalie Spencer Knight who kept them in the game till late 3rd period (1-1 till Sweden scored and added an empty bet goal.)The Swedish goalie Lindbom was also very good especially in the 3rd period when USA got several pp chances .....so in a game where both goalies shined and earned best player for their teams we did not see anything much to get excited about from the alleged statsc9f both teams. Jack Highs (2019 draft eligible) was supposed to be the next Crosby..but I was disappointed him him...not much starry play at all ...poor game?Maybe ..ASsfor the 2018 draft eligible. ..the Swedes'Boqvist did not look that special ...I expected more...Breggren looked fast and good carving through defenders but did not see any special finish today.. Gustafsson was very good on the pk and I liked his pick pursuit but again nothing stood out non finishing today ..So they may still be in consideration for our later pick (from thenPreds) but maybe something else with that pick?

AS for Walston. .
..I did not see much pursuit or hustle...if he just has a good shot it still is far off the Zadiba sniper level I want ... I did not like the way Walston. moves with or without the puck
.seems like he prefers to stand still a lot waiting for 1 -timers..He probably dropped in. my target list for #7-8 of what I saw today ...So far USA has list 2 games to Canada first and today to Sedan and hardly looked god in either ...Maybe we need to downgrade some of their talent.

Canada is playing the Swiss so I will report my observations on that game and who stood out...So far 1-0 Canada after 1 period..

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Canada beats the Swiss 5-0 ...The really exciting ones for Canada are not eligible thus draft
..Alexus Lafreniere (2020 draft and Raphael Lavoie (2019 draft) ...well you should get excited about their talent..But for this draft it was some guys not expected to go first round that stood out. . Allas McShane could go late 2nd had a goal and an assist and I liked his skating and set-up and hockey sense ...Aidan Dudas as ...tremendous work ethic and speed and good place (scored a shorty) but he is shrimp at just 5'7 ..Still the type of bottom six forward you want for depth
...However I really like Big Kevin Bahl the LD who is 6'6 230 lbs ...not going to give offense but could become steady strong calm Stay at home dman ..kill on 0k..big reach and stick..very good 1 on ...Nice to see how he plays with a better team..in Ottawa this season he was -27 but they had a very young team ...they will be better next season...I know ...big strong SAH dm3n are not the Hawks style
..but how many shrimp PMD types can we ice without somebody being I a shutdown mode ?Just a hunch but Bahl looked like Chara ((I know...6'6 is not 6'9) but still I think there is a reason he 8s ranked as a possible late first by scouts..I think as Ottawa improves in the OHL this next season Bahl will be cone a star and turn that -27 into positive numbers and whoever gets him I'm the draft will get a good NHL shutdown dman in a few more years of development .He would be am interesting pick for us with the Nashville pick slot selection IF the forward targets we want are gone by that pick..

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Time hasn't been determined but its on NBC ... depends on the games

When is the 2018 NHL Draft lottery

The NHL Draft lottery drawing will take place Saturday, April 28 in Toronto, with representatives from all 14 lottery teams in attendance. Fans can watch on NBC Sports Network (time TBD).

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
if we stay put at 7 i really would like hughes/boqvist to drop to us. then with the nashville pick take joel farabee/Rasmus Sandin or kravtsov. Never seen kravtsov but so much buzz around him on these boards i just want the drama.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
if we stay put at 7 i really would like hughes/boqvist to drop to us. then with the nashville pick take joel farabee/Rasmus Sandin or kravtsov. Never seen kravtsov but so much buzz around him on these boards i just want the drama.

I doubt Hughes gets past Detroit.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Guy scored 42 goals in his 16 year old season. He dominates possession. He’s the best Q player since Crosby and it’s the 2nd best 16 year old Q season

Reactions: Blue Liner

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
A lot can happen in two years, though. It's easy to pick up some bad habits if he's just going to clown the Q.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
His hockey intelligence is off the charts. Hughes is pretty to watch and has insane talent but I think LaFreniere is the kid to win. Rimouski was supposed to be bad and they ended up being quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad