2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think a lot of our penalties and injuries are at least partially because of certain players getting too many minutes. Guys are tired and taking shortcuts and we get burned for it. I think we have the depth now to avoid those situations.

The following players missed 4 games or less due to injury. They played a ton of minutes.

Buff
Trouba - holdout cost him games
Morrissey
Wheeler
Scheifele - got sick at one point
Ehlers

These high TOI players missed more.

Little - injured on 3rd shift of season
Myers - injured early in the season
Enstrom - also missed games for personal reasons
Laine - targetted head shot?
Perreault - one injury was from a Cory Perry slash to the hand.

Not sure a lot of this was "fatigue" related, at least for our top players.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What's your definition of being a contender?

Just confuses me that you said, a contender making a move to have a shot for the cup is bad asset management, when I think every team considered a contender is already at a position where they have a good shot for the cup

Fair enough. Let me rephrase. They make a move to maybe improve the shot that they have.

I don't like the practice of last minute deals to go for it, all in for one shot. That shot usually misses the target and you fall out of contention sooner as a result. I'd rather be a contender longer and have more shots at the prize.

Edit: That is speaking in general. If a team has a single weakness likely to sink their chance and the right fix is available, you would have to consider it. That wouldn't be a very common scenario though.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Sick Dahlin vid someone put up.

Man this kid might be the best defencemen I've ever seen at his age.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

Let's just hope an Eastern team gets him, since we probably are not going to. Avs winning the lottery wouldnt be an enjoyable experience

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I feel like he has Detroit written all over him already.

Or another Scott Niedermayer type for the New Jersey Devils.

Don't want to get on the tank talk this early, but a lineup of:

Dahlin - Trouba
Morrissey - Buff
Some Guy - Don't Care
Whatever

Would be pretty awesome.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I hope Buffalo gets him. Detroit was good for a way too long, so I'd like to see them suffer a few years before getting the next franchise player

I feel like Detroit will they have had that golden horse shoe lodged up their ass forever.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Dahlin - Trouba
Morrissey - Buff
Some Guy - Don't Care
Whatever

Would be pretty awesome.

I feel like he has the mobility and puck skills of a Karlsson with the snarl of early Phanuef. A wrecking ball with talent.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I am trying to recall a defenseman I have seen that has filthy hands like this kid and the answer is never. His skating and dangles resemble a high end skilled centre/forward not a D man.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I am trying to recall a defenseman I have seen that has filthy hands like this kid and the answer is never. His skating and dangles resemble a high end skilled centre/forward not a D man.

Another 2018 draft prospect, Ryan Merkley, is absolutely filthy too

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Dahlin - Trouba
Morrissey - Buff
Some Guy - Don't Care
Whatever

Would be pretty awesome.

tenor.gif

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Another 2018 draft prospect, Ryan Merkley, is absolutely filthy too

Yeah Merkley, Boqvist and Hughes all have huge offensive games. None of those 3 of the defensive game that Dahlin has, coupled with the physicality. I find it hard to label him a generational defensive prospect but I feel he's about as close as we've ever seen.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
If Dahlin won't be ours to claim, please let him go to New Jersey. Carolina would also do. Actually, I quite don't care about the team, as long as they are either a team in the Eastern conference or a team in the West that gets relocated to Madagascar, starting from next summer.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If Dahlin won't be ours to claim, please let him go to New Jersey. Carolina would also do. Actually, I quite don't care about the team, as long as they are either a team in the Eastern conference or a team in the West that gets relocated to Madagascar, starting from next summer.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him end up in Vancouver. They could use some talent over there to build around.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Pleas God, not the Leafs. How horrible would that be for everyone?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Pleas God, not the Leafs. How horrible would that be for everyone?

We would still only be able to get four points from them in a season. No more, no less. barring a trip to the finals

If a team like Colorado wins the sweepstakes for him, then I would be livid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->